Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame - 1:6 Iron Spider Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started at 2564 (wait time of 35 minutes) and after 12 minutes I got in, just to see if I could. Perhaps they are doing a great job of filtering out the bots. But with the barrage of releases, each of these being so close together, this was very easy to get. I don't think these things are as rare as advertised.
The way the wording is in saying limited to 3500 in select locations, I think that means limited anywhere up to 3500 at each location that they are available. So Sideshow actually has 3500 and other locations carry whatever limited amount is given to them by HT.

In the past they have told us the edition size and how many Sideshow would carry of those. Example: D100 Iron Man edition of 1500, Sideshow carried 300. They haven't been saying anything like that with the Artisan.

$120 is not bad compare to the rest:

Scarlet witch
$325 vs $445 = $120 price bump

god loki
$290 vs $445 = $155 price bump

jack sparrow
$330 vs $495 = $165 price bump

Luke skywalker (dark empire)
$280 vs $430 = $150 price bump

Joker
$370 vs $520 = $150 price bump

I mean fair - I'm not gonna contest that one because obviously you came with the numbers.

BUT, but, but, but....I refer back to my point of diminishing return with rooted hair.

Outside Luke, almost all of those "feel" (subjective, obviously) worth the price of admission compared to Spidey. There is a point in length where I just think it's not worth the jump in cost. I also believe this with InArt's Batman.

But much like small characters like Rocket Raccoon, on paper it probably costs just as much to root short as it does long. Hence a similar price increase.

From a consumer perspective though, I just can't see the value of half a figure when sculpted looks extremely good comparably.

This may be a controversial statement, but the Artisan (wool) hair on this doesn't look good at all. The sculpted hair looks better. I think the Artisan (wool) hair concept only really works with long hair...short hair is meh.
I think it looks ok in the promo pics BUT that's the best it's ever going to look. It'd be a mess for me because I don't style hair well...

I mean fair - I'm not gonna contest that one because obviously you came with the numbers.

BUT, but, but, but....I refer back to my point of diminishing return with rooted hair.

Outside Luke, almost all of those "feel" (subjective, obviously) worth the price of admission compared to Spidey. There is a point in length where I just think it's not worth the jump in cost. I also believe this with InArt's Batman.

But much like small characters like Rocket Raccoon, on paper it probably costs just as much to root short as it does long. Hence a similar price increase.

From a consumer perspective though, I just can't see the value of half a figure when sculpted looks extremely good comparably.

Absolutely.

IMG_7063.jpeg

Not every figure needs artisan hair treatment.

I wasn’t planning on getting this but felt like it was worth dropping at least the NRD on and deciding later. Can’t believe this was easier for me to get than any of the others. I was about the first 10 or 20 in line! :thud: Got in-n-out and this was without wifi to boot! Anyway, another Artisan secured for the time being.

Last edited:
This seemed to be relatively easy to get since it didn't seem to be so sought after, and there's a sculpted version available. I just realized that today was the day it went up. I can tell I didn't really want it as I didn't RSVP. Good thing too as I am trying to limit myself due to the amount of Artisans I already have on pre-order and preparing for future releases, particularly from D&W. Not to mention the waitlisted figures that are due to be released. I also just secured the Black Widow artisan.

Reasons for me passing on this:
I recently got a good Tom Holland sculpt in the final red and blue suit from NWH.
Like others have said, wool hair doesn't do much for short hair styles
I am not much into the wounded Tom Holland look
This Iron Spider suit isn't really a favorite of mine compared to the classic look.

How about they just update all the Captain America figures with new bodies and a head that actually looks like Chris Evans :lol
Time to give him the america ass body mold he deserves without padding!

I wasn’t planning on getting this but felt like it was worth dropping at least the NRD on and deciding later. Can’t believe this was easier for me to get than any of the others. I was about the first 10 or 20 in line! :thud: Got in-n-out and this was without wifi to boot! Anyway, another Artisan secured for the time being.

You can always cancel and get the NRD back since almost all Hot Toys are delayed - IIRC, SSC allows full refunds if a product is delayed.

SSC already issued an email delay for the Artisan Black Widow, the very next day after the PO went up. :lol

You can always cancel and get the NRD back since almost all Hot Toys are delayed - IIRC, SSC allows full refunds if a product is delayed.

SSC already issued an email delay for the Artisan Black Widow, the very next day after the PO went up. :lol
As a caution though, these days things seem less predictable, coming on time or even early - I decided not to go ahead with my Spider-man VG symbiote suit as I decided I'd rather have the NWH final suit spidey, but the symbiote suit wasn't delayed (may've even been earlier than expected? but not sure) and I asked Sideshow if they'd refund me anyway, just in case - esp since was my first order with them - but they wouldn't do it and I lost it. THEN I missed out on the NWH final suit Spidey anyway (for now at least), because I unexpectedly had to pay for a Prime 1 statue that decided to drop several months/almost a year early, worth over a thousand AUD. So I was also tempted as you say to just put the NRD on this but a) it's more than most, cos of the high price and the NRD works on percentage? and B) for all I know they'll announce two months from now that it's coming this december hah. Unlikely I guess but am a bit gun-shy about preordering now, at least when not certain I want something.

edit: clarity

Yup, I know :wink1: the NRD refund is automatic if you cancel after an official Sideshow delay notice now from my experience. No need to contact them any more.

But, I also don't mind losing the NRD as well should it arrive on time and I decide against keeping the order.

Last edited:
I wasn’t planning on getting this but felt like it was worth dropping at least the NRD on and deciding later. Can’t believe this was easier for me to get than any of the others. I was about the first 10 or 20 in line!:thud: Got in-n-out and this was without wifi to boot! Anyway, another Artisan secured for the time being.
This is how I’ve been feeling. I passed on Widow, but went in on this guy and Joker today. I think he looks really cool, even though I know there’s not a lot of hype around him, and he’ll look good with the New Red & Blue Suit.

The one thing I’d love to see them do, now, is a revised/updated Homemade suit from Homecoming that scales with these new figures and possibly even includes another Peter sculpt from the end of that flick. I feel like it’d be really cool to display Homemade, Iron Spider, and the New Red & Blue sort of chronicling his journey through the MCU.

No shame in going with the sculpted hair on this one; it’s so well done. I think the Artisan hair looks excellent though, too.

Last edited:
Back