Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so, really looking forward to this, the Hot Toys ED-209 is amazing as its just so big but this will be off the scale :D
Still have no idea what I'm going to do with it, most likely be too big to put out so might just be admired them boxed back up again :confused:

I'd love to get a fancy plinth for it, and metal plate etched or something...

Something done like...:

batpod.jpg

am4.png

I need Your help - Comment

Hi fellow sideshow freaks lol. Ok so I wanna know if the batpod from Hot toys is really worth it. I live in Toronto and I can get the batpod for $285 Canadian no tax! Do you guys think thats a good price and is it worth it?

Batfan

Hi fellow sideshow freaks lol. Ok so I wanna know if the batpod from Hot toys is really worth it. I live in Toronto and I can get the batpod for $285 Canadian no tax! Do you guys think thats a good price and is it worth it?

Batfan

I'm from T.O as well and NO I don't think it's worth it, never thought it was worth what HT's asks for this thing.

I own all the HT's TDK figs except for two face, I was interested in this (Batpod) but when i saw in hand pics and it's only made of plastic...for that amount of $$$....thats where my interest ended.

Re: I need Your help - Comment

Batfan

Assuming C$285 = US$232 approximately,...

The cheapest one online, non-ebay, without shipping is US$236, or C$290, and with shipping of approx $40 dollars from US to Canada, US$280 rounded up is C$345...

and retail is US$295...that's US$335 shipped is C$412.

It's a good price... As for is it really worth it, that is entirely up to you.
If it's a pick-up, you can probably do better. If it's shipped, might be good.
Up to you.

You can also try For Sale here and see

Batfan

Since shipping and taxes to CND are roughly $200-300, I'd say yes.

Batfan

responded in your original post

I'm from T.O as well and NO I don't think it's worth it, never thought it was worth what HT's asks for this thing.

I own all the HT's TDK figs except for two face, I was interested in this (Batpod) but when i saw in hand pics and it's only made of plastic...for that amount of $$$....thats where my interest ended.

I think some of it could have been made from die-cast, but with so many fine and detailed parts, you can't do that with diecast. Not only the way it is, one must take the utmost care when handling it, it seems quite fragile since it is plastic. Didn't someone drop theirs and snapped in half?

Also imagine the weight of it, if a lot of it was metal.

I think it's a beautiful piece to be honest, so much detail. Levers, wires, foot grips etc etc.

I reckon it's quite a cinematic piece. I loved when the pod shot out of the car, and lowered itself below the truck. Not only the sound off the vehicle.

3124110829_1115ef5e66_o.jpg

3121999712_933c845ecd_o.jpg

3124112275_a0c7462a09_o.jpg

3121993544_97d17a7753_o.jpg

3121994512_6957bb53cc.jpg

I love Agen's pics. ^^

It looks like a beautiful piece, but too me it seems a little overpriced. I don't know, I'm debating on whether to get this or an Indy PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back