Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm kind of over my batmobile/tumbler (I know, I know, heresy!). When I first got it, one of the front windshield pieces was off. I glued it, then it fell off again, I tried a silicone glue and that worked better (BTW, does anyone have tips on good glue for the rubber on the bat suits? had to fix that too...).
Now, the lights are permanently on! I had to remove the batteries, otherwise the lights are constantly on at what looks like half power.
It's like I barely touch the damn thing b/c I'm scared ^^^^less of something breaking or going wrong, and it still gets messed up! I don't know, I'm just venting, but I'm pretty bummed, too!

I'd definitely be interested if anybody is making them.

I'll be making mine this weekend and post pictures here if it goes well :) I think you will either have to make it yourself or get it made locally as it will be impossible to ship these pre-assembled without getting damaged in the process of shipping. Mind you DIYers after purchasing and making all the tools needed I ended up spending way more than getting it made :google but I am making 4 different cases now and I can make more still :chew
I am researching another method and may make another case but got some more exciting ideas in works :D

Okay, I'm kind of over my batmobile/tumbler (I know, I know, heresy!). When I first got it, one of the front windshield pieces was off. I glued it, then it fell off again, I tried a silicone glue and that worked better (BTW, does anyone have tips on good glue for the rubber on the bat suits? had to fix that too...).
Now, the lights are permanently on! I had to remove the batteries, otherwise the lights are constantly on at what looks like half power.
It's like I barely touch the damn thing b/c I'm scared ^^^^less of something breaking or going wrong, and it still gets messed up! I don't know, I'm just venting, but I'm pretty bummed, too!

I feel like we're on the same boat:monkey2. I'm personally disappointed with my Tumbler due to the paint flaws that it has. It has one large spot on the top of the car, tip of the front windshield panel, & two spots on the left side of the car. I'm not dealing with the seller(for a couple of reasons that I cannot go into on this post) for these issues and have sent an email/inquiry to Hot Toys to see what they can do for me.

Pics:
DSC05665.jpg

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05623.jpg

DSC05616.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

It also has some splatters of something on the top that did not come off.
DSC05607.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if other people have these problems with theirs also and are okay with it. For me though, if something is $400+ it should not come out of the box with all these issues.

I feel like we're on the same boat:monkey2. I'm personally disappointed with my Tumbler due to the paint flaws that it has. It has one large spot on the top of the car, tip of the front windshield panel, & two spots on the left side of the car. I'm not dealing with the seller(for a couple of reasons that I cannot go into on this post) for these issues and have sent an email/inquiry to Hot Toys to see what they can do for me.

You aren't alone. Mine had some serious issues (scratches, scuffs, excessive glue residue, improperly wired LED, plastic stains, broken shock, loose parts, etc) and the retailer offered me a rebate since they are OOS from the distributor. I have also contacted HT to see if there is any recourse, no response yet.

I fixed the LED issue (re-wired with the proper polarity) and all lights now work, but the other issues can't be easily fixed unless I disassemble, sand and paint the entire thing matte black (which would actually look more like the real thing, so I am considering it).

Wow Rodimus you are not lucky with your tumbler!
We all have this paint "problem" with our tumbler..

See mine:

The third picture is with flash and the last without flash.
We see defects with the flash from my photocamera. Because sometimes we can't see paint problem in a abscure room like mine.
In the third picture, see on the side, there is a blacker part around the holes but in reality we don't see this like this picture, see the last picture to compare!

So It's like this for everybody unfortunately... But I'm happy because I don't have other problem with mine!

Pics:
DSC05665.jpg

DSC05628.jpg

DSC05623.jpg

DSC05616.jpg

DSC05615.jpg

It also has some splatters of something on the top that did not come off.
DSC05607.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if other people have these problems with theirs also and are okay with it. For me though, if something is $400+ it should not come out of the box with all these issues.

Consider it as a battle damage chase fig, in this case vehicle :rock

Btw, that's a sweet display case, Shaun. Where to cop, mate?

Consider it as a battle damage chase fig, in this case vehicle :rock

Btw, that's a sweet display case, Shaun. Where to cop, mate?

Sorry, but for 400$+ I await a good quality piece and not with so much painting problems. After I saw SO many problems here, I've decided not to buy the Tumbler. For me it would be horrible, paying about 400$ + shipping 150$ (I live in Europe) + customs (maybe at the end paying about 700$ for it) and getting him then with those problems, I would cry like a child. :D

It pisses me totally off when I recieved my JC with a white nose and I immediatly contacted HT for that. I would not let this pass through. That's so much money here, so there are no excuses for those painting-problems...

Mine had some paint issues and my seller offered a 10% refund I could put toward my other orders with them so I'm all good.. :D

for $270 shipped I'm alright with it...

still don't have a spot for it though...:lol

Mine had some paint issues and my seller offered a 10% refund I could put toward my other orders with them so I'm all good.. :D

where the heck have you bought him for 270$ shipped?

I think you got the best deal mate. You can't even get a friggin batpod for $270 in here!

No worries, just send them my way then, heck I'll even pay for the shipping :D

Sorry, but for 400$+ I await a good quality piece and not with so much painting problems. After I saw SO many problems here, I've decided not to buy the Tumbler. For me it would be horrible, paying about 400$ + shipping 150$ (I live in Europe) + customs (maybe at the end paying about 700$ for it) and getting him then with those problems, I would cry like a child. :D

It pisses me totally off when I recieved my JC with a white nose and I immediatly contacted HT for that. I would not let this pass through. That's so much money here, so there are no excuses for those painting-problems...

On ebay you find it for 550$ including shipping for Europe! But yes you have a risk with the taxes and especially because you don't see what you buy! It's why I bought mine in a comics store in Brussels a little more expensive but I'm in peace...

On ebay you find it for 550$ including shipping for Europe! But yes you have a risk with the taxes and especially because you don't see what you buy! It's why I bought mine in a comics store in Brussels a little more expensive but I'm in peace...

Yeah that's what I said :D
400$ + 150$ shipping = 550$ :D

But yes, I would love to have here a shop in the near to see him in hand and to see if he have any major errors. But I have not such a chance, and I'm sure I have to pay customs. Man I live in Germany, that is a guarantee for paying custom fees. :D And I've just calculated that I would have to pay about 105$ just for customs... that's insane!. How I wish I would live in Hong Kong :D

Yeah that's what I said :D
400$ + 150$ shipping = 550$ :D

But yes, I would love to have here a shop in the near to see him in hand and to see if he have any major errors. But I have not such a chance, and I'm sure I have to pay customs. Man I live in Germany, that is a guarantee for paying custom fees. :D And I've just calculated that I would have to pay about 105$ just for customs... that's insane!. How I wish I would live in Hong Kong :D

Believe me, the real price in a shop in Europe for the tumbler is between 670$ and 750$ so 460€ and 520€. It's expensive!! I paid mine less because I bought everything in Dark Knight so the manager give me a very good price.
In Europe, 550$ it's a good price and 650$ if you have taxes it's the price in a shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back