Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK forum, got them both the other day. Let me first start with the pros. BatPod is pristine, looks really nice and very happy with it. BatMobile, aside from being huge and needing a dusting, is also in very good condition on the exterior. Some minor burnishes, but as I have seen on other websites, that's more of a factory issue. The one small "antenna" on the left rear spoiler is missing, this was disclosed to me and I am sure I can fabricate something based on the other ones. Cons: they were shipped in the actual inner boxes, so aside from having some wear and damage, there are also several shipping labels and tape. Again, not as much of an issue, as I am not looking to resell. Here is the dilemma; apparently the steering controls on the movable steering column are clearly broken and missing. I looked in the cockpit and they are not there, so did not happen in transit. When I contacted the seller, I explained that he had been up front about the missing antenna on the spoiler, but why not about the steering controls? He explained that he never even opened the cockpit and did not notice/realize. I took a picture and sent it and he contacted the person whom he bought it from. He forwarded me his response which was basically, "it was in great condition when I dropped it off, I stand behind it," yada, yada. My seller is apologizing and offering to refund me $50USD. So do I accept his offer and try to either fabricate, locate replacement parts, contact hot toys to see if something is available to purchase and replace steering controls (unlikely, I'm sure). Do I press him for a higher refund and/or initiate a claim via PayPal. i really grilled him during negotiations and I have countless emails, saying that (antenna missing) was the only issue. Clearly, that is not the case. I'ts not an issue of resale, but lets say 15-20yrs down the road, someone says "Wow a 1/6 Dark Knight BatMobile!!! I'd like to buy that from you, I'll offer you $10k, oh wait the steering controls are broken/missing, its basically worthless". I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but it seems highly unlikely that could have gone unnoticed. Appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62299605@N02/5736255561/in/photostream

OK forum, got them both the other day. Let me first start with the pros. BatPod is pristine, looks really nice and very happy with it. BatMobile, aside from being huge and needing a dusting, is also in very good condition on the exterior. Some minor burnishes, but as I have seen on other websites, that's more of a factory issue. The one small "antenna" on the left rear spoiler is missing, this was disclosed to me and I am sure I can fabricate something based on the other ones. Cons: they were shipped in the actual inner boxes, so aside from having some wear and damage, there are also several shipping labels and tape. Again, not as much of an issue, as I am not looking to resell. Here is the dilemma; apparently the steering controls on the movable steering column are clearly broken and missing. I looked in the cockpit and they are not there, so did not happen in transit. When I contacted the seller, I explained that he had been up front about the missing antenna on the spoiler, but why not about the steering controls? He explained that he never even opened the cockpit and did not notice/realize. I took a picture and sent it and he contacted the person whom he bought it from. He forwarded me his response which was basically, "it was in great condition when I dropped it off, I stand behind it," yada, yada. My seller is apologizing and offering to refund me $50USD. So do I accept his offer and try to either fabricate, locate replacement parts, contact hot toys to see if something is available to purchase and replace steering controls (unlikely, I'm sure). Do I press him for a higher refund and/or initiate a claim via PayPal. i really grilled him during negotiations and I have countless emails, saying that (antenna missing) was the only issue. Clearly, that is not the case. I'ts not an issue of resale, but lets say 15-20yrs down the road, someone says "Wow a 1/6 Dark Knight BatMobile!!! I'd like to buy that from you, I'll offer you $10k, oh wait the steering controls are broken/missing, its basically worthless". I want to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but it seems highly unlikely that could have gone unnoticed. Appreciate some feedback. Thanks.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/62299605@N02/5736255561/in/photostream

Tough question ! It depends on the people I guess, but if I was shelling out $1.5k, it would have to be mint.

The original packaging had cardboard inserts in the inside to hold all parts including the steering column. Ppl actually had reported difficulties in removing them safely. So it may have been bought used that way but certainly not shipped from the factory without. I would agree that he needs to refund a lot more money. 1.5k for both was a really good price though

:borg:

Thanks. If that was the case, fine, somebody, original owner should have, but maybe threw out? Chances of getting a replacement column from HT? What should I counter offer? $150...More. I really don't want to be a jerk, but I think I have a good case to file a PP claim, no?

Chances of replacement from HT at this point is pretty much zero. How much to negotiate down I dunno but 3% seems too little for such a big missing part. M

:borg:

I paid under 500 for my Tumbler.

I still have it. Been close to getting rid of it many times. Yet, she still remains.

Well I fired off an email to HT. Let's see how long it takes to tell me NO. I offered to purchase replacement column and figured whatever it costs including shipping, that is what I would ask for in refund from seller. So is 10% refund $155 too much, too little? Basically, its his shipping charge, which really only cost him $50, saw the USPS labels. I would love for some of the genius customizers on here to dazzle me with some fix ideas.

I am curious...I saw someone here had a batpod where the lights did not work....so has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix.

On my first Tumbler, two of the lights did not work and it turned out to be mis-wired LED's from the factory.

If you can solder, it is an incredibly easy fix. Simply gain access to the LED that is out and swap the wiring between the anode and cathode.

On my first Tumbler, two of the lights did not work and it turned out to be mis-wired LED's from the factory.

If you can solder, it is an incredibly easy fix. Simply gain access to the LED that is out and swap the wiring between the anode and cathode.

hey thanks...its both of them that are not working...do you think they could be wired wrong ? Would you have a copy of the actual instructions to put this together ? I can definitely fix this...let me know thanks.

hey thanks...its both of them that are not working...do you think they could be wired wrong ? Would you have a copy of the actual instructions to put this together ? I can definitely fix this...let me know thanks.

Sorry, no instructions.

LED's have a long life cycle, so I would wager they are either mis-wired (if they have never worked) or the wires to one or both electrodes are broken.

On that Tumbler, they mis-wired two completely separate lights in two different locations on the vehicle, so I know it is at least highly likely in your case.

I would start at the bulb and work backwards. Did your lights ever work? If they did at one point, you are looking for a broken wire or connection.

If the lights that are out never worked, you are probably looking at a mis-wired LED and you should start at the source (which is the LED itself).

I would start at the bulb and work backwards. Did your lights ever work? If they did at one point, you are looking for a broken wire or connection.

If the lights that are out never worked, you are probably looking at a mis-wired LED and you should start at the source (which is the LED itself).

I bought it second hand so I can't say.

HAPPY THIRD BIRTHDAY TO THE TUMBLER THREAD!!

6,000 posts,well over a million views and STILL top of the pile!!

Still kicking myself for not getting into the Batpod purchase earlier. At least, I got the Tumbler!

TDKR is going to give us a new Tumbler, hopefully another Batpod or updated version and here's to hoping HT will produce those in 1/6 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back