Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, you might want to try removing the belt. I think the vest sits and closes slightly better without the protruding buckle.

I finally picked my Joker from the store I pre-ordered from ! Yay!

I know some of you are masters at painting and I have nowhere the skills that some of you have. But I wanted to do something about black makeup around his eyes.

So what did I do? I used actual makeup. I used a M.A.C eyeliner pencil and coloured around this eyes. I know it isn't as good as paint but I think I don't have the patience nor the skills. First time I'm "modding" an expensive figure! :p

What do you guys think? I think its decent for a beginner and I'm going to leave it as it is now.

BeforeMod.jpg

Out of the box

AfterMod01.jpg

With eyeliner

More pics:

AfterMod02.jpg

AfterMod03.jpg

AfterMod04.jpg

WhyHelloBeautiful.jpg

HitMe.jpg

Hit me! Come on, I want you to do it! Hit me!

Sorry about the quality, its at night here and I'm using the camera from my iPhone to take the pics.

Finally had the time to open up my Batman & Joker!
They are wonderful figs and are right up with the best of 12 inchers!

I didnt quite dare to pose my batman aggressively as I am afraid the rubber suit might loosen or create unwanted marks.

As for joker, the head sculpt is amazing and I love the iconic purple costume..I guess I'll be blown away when the bank robber version arrives.

Here are some pics:

DSCN0065.jpg

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0067.jpg

With the rest of my collection:

DSCN0068.jpg

Now for tumbler and batpod :p

My 2nd attempt at "repainting" the Joker head. Smeared the makeup a little bit to give it that "messy" look.

Fresh out of the box
BeforeMod.jpg

Attempt # 1 and Attempt # 2
AfterMod02.jpg
MessyMakeup02.jpg

AfterMod01.jpg
MessyMakeup03.jpg

You did a great job on the eyes with the makeup. You should put some makeup on a test surface and see if you can coat it with dullcoat to preserve the job you did. I'm not sure if dullcoat will cause the makeup to smear or run.

Here's a little better picture of the Joker fig I resculpted the smile, scars and jawline on. I hope it has a bit more Heath in it than the original.
watermark.php

Clearer pics with a digicam and taken during the day (as opposed to the pics I took at night for my first set of pics).

Joker01.jpg

Joker02.jpg

Joker03.jpg

Joker04.jpg

Joker05.jpg

Joker06.jpg

These are all quick few minute "repaints". Just testing out to see what the outcome would be and if I could make Joker's face "better". If I have the time and patience, I might see if I can improve it some more. Fact is, I'm not a "modeller".

Don't have the patience and skill to build models and paint. The only model I got was the 1989 Batmobile but it was already black so no painting needed :p
So I really respect and appreciate the stuff that some of you guys here on the board do!

Be gentle now, this is the first time I'm "repainting" my toys. Never repainted, modded any of my toys before.

Looks really good man for your first time!

I don't plan on touching mine at all since I am just swapping heads when V2 comes out.:D

Bigfoot, your painting looks fine. This is my point of view out of personal preference, but I'd consider painting the eyes so they're lower and not looking up into the eye lids. Hot Toys did the same with their first Jack Sparrow but they found a good mix of looking up for head down poses and still looking ok for head up poses. Joker's eyes really don't look right unless his head is down or the sockets are so darkly shadowed, you can't tell where they are.

Looks really good man for your first time!

I don't plan on touching mine at all since I am just swapping heads when V2 comes out.:D

Thanks - appreciate the kinds words :D

Bigfoot, your painting looks fine. This is my point of view out of personal preference, but I'd consider painting the eyes so they're lower and not looking up into the eye lids. Hot Toys did the same with their first Jack Sparrow but they found a good mix of looking up for head down poses and still looking ok for head up poses. Joker's eyes really don't look right unless his head is down or the sockets are so darkly shadowed, you can't tell where they are.

I know what you mean MaulFan! But I'm afraid to even try something of that sort with regards to the eyes! I'm not good with a paint brush. If I'm going to do something like that, I think my b@lls would drop off! :p

But I know what you mean by the eyes looking upwards. They've got him looking off to the side in the v2 head as well instead of having it look straight ahead. Haven't really seen what the Jack Sparrow looks like but I'll search and have a look.

Think I'm satisfied with the way it looks now, I better stop while the damage is irreversible :p

But thanks for the input MaulFan - maybe when I get more practice, I might attempt it.

Thanks - appreciate the kinds words :D

I know what you mean MaulFan! But I'm afraid to even try something of that sort with regards to the eyes! I'm not good with a paint brush. If I'm going to do something like that, I think my b@lls would drop off! :p

But I know what you mean by the eyes looking upwards. They've got him looking off to the side in the v2 head as well instead of having it look straight ahead. Haven't really seen what the Jack Sparrow looks like but I'll search and have a look.

Think I'm satisfied with the way it looks now, I better stop while the damage is irreversible :p

But thanks for the input MaulFan - maybe when I get more practice, I might attempt it.

It's very subtle on Jack. If you pose his head down, the eyes look nice, but as you see here, they also, while not perfect to the retentive observer :lol, still look alright and almost straight on, but Joker's just tad bit too high to pull of a straight eye look, the only real issue I have with the head as it is. If these were statues, I'd be ok with some of the paint style choices, but since they're figures intended for diversity, I'd rather the figure be made to give me my most options and not have the company sort of choose my options for me.

8.jpg

Back