Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am quite sure there was a mistake. The HT dealer here recently updated the release date of Dark Knight Batman to late October/early November. Being a dealer, they get the latest information and updates direct from Hot Toys.

I have a crack at picking up the V1 Joker tomarrow for $170 Canadian, i am seriously debating it now but, i have the Bank Robber on order with Joe and getting the V1 makes me feel like i am dropping $170 for just a headless true type with clothes..nice ones though.

Ok i have a question for you guys

Ok..say in 10 years what do think the value of this figure will be in box vs out of box. I always said i was never gonna open it cause i think its stupid to pay close to 200 dollars for a toy just to leave it worthless (i think it soooo crazy you guys re-paint them) but now that its 4 days from being here, i want to open it lol but im still unsure. but anyway i was just curious what you guys think.... and please dont respond with "open it..open it" or "collecting shouldnt be an investment..just something to make you happy" cause i understand that but its still a lot of money to "waste"

If your positive you will sell it in the future dont open it. Everything is almost always more valuable misb. Even if you open it tho you can probably still make some money in the future, in ten years im sure TDK will still be looked at as an amazing film and people will want the merchandise from it

I have a crack at picking up the V1 Joker tomarrow for $170 Canadian, i am seriously debating it now but, i have the Bank Robber on order with Joe and getting the V1 makes me feel like i am dropping $170 for just a headless true type with clothes..nice ones though.

sounds like a decent price to me.

i got to tell you though man i was a misb collector until today when i opened the joker. it is too good to be left alone. when you open it, you will not sell it ever.

It's not a waste if you enjoy it.

Me personally i see no point in keeping things in box, these things are such spectacular pieces of art and design that you cannot appreciate them unless you open them and look at them. See all the little details and accessories.

If your buying stuff just to sell it, you might as well just be doing this as a business and not let your personal interests get in the way. If you have personal interest in the characters or like them or the figures then you shouldnt be buying them to leave htem in the box.

Ok i have a question for you guys

Ok..say in 10 years what do think the value of this figure will be in box vs out of box. I always said i was never gonna open it cause i think its stupid to pay close to 200 dollars for a toy just to leave it worthless (i think it soooo crazy you guys re-paint them) but now that its 4 days from being here, i want to open it lol but im still unsure. but anyway i was just curious what you guys think.... and please dont respond with "open it..open it" or "collecting shouldnt be an investment..just something to make you happy" cause i understand that but its still a lot of money to "waste"

Let's say it'll be worth 600 dollars in 10 years. A $450 increase in 10 years is not that much when you think about it. You'd be better off investing your money somewhere else if you want to make money. Open away I say :D

I really think the Bank Robber version should be worth more in the future since it looks more like Heath Ledger but, who knows what happends...maybe these will get released again sometime in the future, i say open these..they are not as limited as other releases so, there is going to be lots for everyone.

For anyone who has yet to order there DK Batman or V2 Joker, an outfit called Dolly Planet in Memphis, Tenn. has the figures for $139.99 each. These are the ones coming from DC Direct, pre-ordered, arrival date Dec2008. If anyone wants to take a look go to www.thedollyplanet.com

Just been posin and playin around with joker, one of the things i love about him is its easy to get him to look amazing in all kinds of funky poses:
jokerpose.jpg

Just astounding fun, i love the details and the outfit and the head even if its not perfect ledger its still impressive.

Gah, you made me want to dig him out again. :D

2850516011_8d2b41b866_o.jpg

2850516013_6beb96d063_o.jpg

I quick put together mini stand area until I get a professional one put together. Plus it was a good excuse to clean my printer.
2850516015_d9f4f1480e_o.jpg

I love the way the shop stores do it over in Hong Kong. Which I was temporarily aiming for. It would be easy if I had supplied printed cardboard and all like theirs, but since I only have an A4 printer... things become difficult. That's another thing, as I was trying to hunt down huge hi-res images for printouts. Though they seem hard to come by, if at all.

Interesting that you say that about HR images, there are some sites, I can post links after.

Anyway, wanted to post this one I just came accross because it really demonstrates why the first Joker head came out as it did.

Note how the mouth makeup is almost exactly like HT did, the scars on his mouth are much more subdued, and even the eye makeup looks different than it ultimately looked. I enjoy the v1 head anyway, but I find it interesting to see these little things and get an understanding of why the difference between v1 and v2 could be so drastic. If the slew of publicity shots this image is part of is all the reference HT went off for the first figure, it's not going to be right.

dk08hl0010ej5.jpg

Back