Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol.. MaulFan are you still trying to defend that V.1 sculpt!? Regardless of the make-up that sculpt looks nothing like Heath Ledger. THAT'S the problem. People have already repainted the heads and even with better paint aps that sculpt STILL looks nothing like Heath. It makes the head look BETTER.. but not more accurate. I agreed with you last time that the HT people probably had early pics of Heath in actual make-up so that explains the scars/paint etc. being off but please don't try and say HT had no access to PICTURES of Heath Ledger at all. :rolleyes:

They failed the 1st time out. Period. They hit it out of the park on their second attempt with the BR Joker.

lol.. MaulFan are you still trying to defend that V.1 sculpt!? Regardless of the make-up that sculpt looks nothing like Heath Ledger. THAT'S the problem. People have already repainted the heads and even with better paint aps that sculpt STILL looks nothing like Heath. It makes the head look BETTER.. but not more accurate. I agreed with you last time that the HT people probably had early pics of Heath in actual make-up so that explains the scars/paint etc. being off but please don't try and say HT had no access to PICTURES of Heath Ledger at all. :rolleyes:

They failed the 1st time out. Period. They hit it out of the park on their second attempt with the BR Joker.

V1 is the Joker!

I love V1 and don't think it is bad at all. No Ledger in it but plenty Joker in it!

V1 is the Joker!
No Ledger in it but plenty Joker in it!

Oh yeah.. don't get me wrong. Strictly as a Joker head it's nice. But it's not JUST a Joker head.. it's supposed to be Heath Ledger from TDK. And pointblank it's not. I didn't buy the V.1 so I could care less, but if I had, yes I'd be just as pissed to see the BR Joker head sculpt like most people have been.

Most of the difference between how Heath looks normally and as the Joker is simply in his facial expressions. His skin is really quite smooth, but the way he keeps his mouth and the added lines from the makeup really change the look.

I've modeled Heath's face for a Joker project so I've studied his face a good amount. The V1 sculpt isn't too bad, it's just the wrinkles that are too pronounced along with a poorly sculpted mouth and brow. That's really it and they aren't too far off but definitely not as good as the V2 sculpt.

I didnt see Heath in the Joker make up at all during the movie....so, I couldnt care less.

lol.. let me clarify.. the V.1 sculpt doesn't look like THE JOKER in TDK. The actor is irrelevant.. since like you pointed out Celtic.. sometimes actors get lost in make-up, prosthetics etc. I try to refer to Heath because if you just say "Joker" people confuse that since the V.1 head IS a Joker head. Just not the one as seen in The Dark Knight. Better?

:duh

Picked this figure up tonight, i love it and i don't care if it hardly looks like Ledger, its a damn good headsculpt regardless and this is going to work well with the Bank Robber i have on order, glad i did not pay the crazy price for this figure of Ebay.

lol.. let me clarify.. the V.1 sculpt doesn't look like THE JOKER in TDK. The actor is irrelevant.. since like you pointed out Celtic.. sometimes actors get lost in make-up, prosthetics etc. I try to refer to Heath because if you just say "Joker" people confuse that since the V.1 head IS a Joker head. Just not the one as seen in The Dark Knight. Better?

:duh

I know what you ment. But I dont care. The sculpt is good. Looks like Heath? No. But it looks like The Joker. I dont mind getting another because I like the Bank Robber suit and costume....so I have no issue with it. I'll just use the V1 head for a nurse Joker and be done with it.

this is a pretty sweet repaint/sculpt
joker36.jpg

joker8.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Hot-Toys-D...oryZ2480QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He may of did it legit but he def. edited those photos (dragging the contrast up) On the first photo there is no way there is a paint that white and smooth when its dry(on the cheeks) .

Back