Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked this question in the "DK figures waiting room" thread already, but perhaps this is a more appropriate spot. I guess nobody has a v1 Joker from the 2nd wave in hand yet, but I'm wondering if the 2nd wave v1 Jokers would come with the improved v2 BR head?

I really doubt it, because it could really hurt the sales of their BR Joker. If it would happen I think there would be an announcement.

I really doubt it, because it could really hurt the sales of their BR Joker. ...
Yes, but that would mean that people buy the BR Joker only because of... the better head sculpt?

I agree, it is pretty unlikely that the 2nd wave v1 Joker will come with the new head, but it wouldn't be a bad move towards the customers. Why not give them them a 'better' product, especially when it costs virtually nothing to realize it. I mean, the v2 heads already exist, don't they? HT is good for surprizes, as we all know: the Battle Damaged Pred 2 and the Wolf Cleaner Pred, The 3 RoboCops... . And it's still unclear what the v3 Joker will look like, and, IF there will be a third version in the first place. Could be Nurse, but could also be a ultra complete version of the Joker. We're in for a surprize! :D

The extra headsculpt was a deciding factor in purchasing the BR Joker for many people. I think it is an awesome figure without it, but the improved HS definitely makes it worth the purchase.

Hot Toy's might release an "Ultimate Joker" with improved accessories, HS, and outfit down the line, but I don't think it will be for a while since they have another wave of V1's to be produced scheduled for March.

:bangheadAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
i just got the figure yesterday, and the knee joint just f^^^ing snapped off! i am so pissed off right now, i almost rammed my fist through a brick wall! I was so excited, and now i feel like i got screwed over by some guy on ebay who thought he could sell defected figures that are usually worth $150-$200 for only $132!
:mad::banghead:banghead:mad:@$%%@! %$#%^#$! @#$^&#*! *%@#$! %^@$#$%! %%^#%@! %^$*%*$! #*%@#!:mad::banghead:banghead:mad:

Last edited:
i just got the figure yesterday, and the knee joint just f^^^ing snapped off! i am so pissed off right now, i almost rammed my fist through a brick wall! I was so excited, and now i feel like i got screwed over by some guy on ebay who thought he could sell defected figures that are usually worth $150-$200 for only $132!
:mad::banghead:banghead:mad:@$%%@! %$#%^#$! @#$^&#*! *%@#$! %^@$#$%! %%^#%@! %^$*%*$! #*%@#!:mad::banghead:banghead:mad:

Before you freak out on the seller...

I had the same problem with my Original Suit TDK Batman. The knee broke clean in half from what appeared to be a flawed body, and I bought that one direct from Toys2.

It happens from time to time, and there's no way the seller could have known it was defective.

Fortunately, you can simply replace the Truetype base body for the Joker. Yeah, it may cost you around $50 after shipping, but the whole figure isn't completely ruined.

Before you freak out on the seller...

I had the same problem with my Original Suit TDK Batman. The knee broke clean in half from what appeared to be a flawed body, and I bought that one direct from Toys2.

It happens from time to time, and there's no way the seller could have known it was defective.

Fortunately, you can simply replace the Truetype base body for the Joker. Yeah, it may cost you around $50 after shipping, but the whole figure isn't completely ruined.

i have already asked him for an exchange...damn, i was so thrilled yesterday, and now i feel utterly depressed.

by the way, the chain fell out, can someone show me a picture of what the chain looked like on the pants originally?

i have already asked him for an exchange...damn, i was so thrilled yesterday, and now i feel utterly depressed.

by the way, the chain fell out, can someone show me a picture of what the chain looked like on the pants originally?

never mind about the chain, i already got it on...

i have another question mainly for snake sucker: how can i get that billyb shirt and tie, and how much would they cost?

question: If you could have only one Joker, would it be the V1 or the bank robber version? What are the pros/cons of each? I was leaning towards original V1, but now have a bank robber version (by mistake) and deciding if I should keep it or return it.

And before the comments come in about "keep what you like", I know I can make up my own mind, I just wanted to hear what other people think is good and bad about each version.

question: If you could have only one Joker, would it be the V1 or the bank robber version? What are the pros/cons of each? I was leaning towards original V1, but now have a bank robber version (by mistake) and deciding if I should keep it or return it.

And before the comments come in about "keep what you like", I know I can make up my own mind, I just wanted to hear what other people think is good and bad about each version.

I would keep him, in my eyes the V1 has the better outfit.

And buy a loose V2 later.

I would keep him, in my eyes the V1 has the better outfit.

And buy a loose V2 later.

I think you missed my point. I wanted a V1, got a BR. I agree, I like the V1 outfit better. Do the accessories of the the BR make up for it. Is the extra sculpt in the BR version like the V1 version?

I think you missed my point. I wanted a V1, got a BR. I agree, I like the V1 outfit better. Do the accessories of the the BR make up for it. Is the extra sculpt in the BR version like the V1 version?

Well if you are going to only buy one Joker, you have the best one with you.

Don't know how to compare the accesories or what you mean by the extra sculpt (the V1 sculpt is not Ledger like, can't say ugly, but a pass for me)

In my eyes the ultimate Joker is V1 body with V2 head.

It would have been much easier to upgrade a V1 by just finding a loose head.

Otherwise you could also buy the V1 switch the head and sell the Bankrobber with the reamining heads.

Probably my post will not help you much.

The V1 sculpt is nothing like either of the heads the BR Joker comes with. It's a hard question to answer - for what you paid you got a great deal, and the BR by far has the better sculpt (in terms of general realism and also likeness to Ledger). I agree with you that the purple costume is the better one, though, and trying to buy the parts of taht loose on eBay could get expensive. Ultimately for me though it's about what the head looks like, and if you definitely only plan on getting one and not buying anything else (eg the loose costume) I'd keep the BR. I think the better likeness is more important.

turned out great. Can I ask how you weathered it???

sorry for the delay on the reply ive been soo busy l8ly but due to the snow i have a bit of free time.

I stitched all the collars and lapels down with hidden stitchen then mixed some different brown mud coloured paints up and dry brushed them on.

im happy with how it came out but be careful doing it

Ask for a replacement and if you can't get one you'll have to buy a new true-type. You won't need the HS, neck joint, hands, pegs, etc so you could just get the body for around $15-$20 on Ebay.

never mind about the chain, i already got it on...

Ah you got it, it was in the first two loops.

This was how mine arrived back in August.

dscf3059ma8.jpg

Such a difference, I'm excited to see Billyb's tie on your joker. And of course, the mystery head sculpt :)

Back