Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL when BR came out, people were saying it was the best factory paint app theyd ever seen, and the eyes are so lifelike, and bladibla.. Now it sucks? LOOOOOL.

I for one would place a bet there is MORE likeness in BR's sculpt then there is in the DX, although both are amazing, the likeness and expression in the BR sculpt are more spot-on. Ofcourse, the PERS eyes in the DX are great. But JUST sculpt-wise, the BR wins hands down, just toss in comparison pics and you'll see.

Actually if one were to push the limit one could create 3 figures assuming the mask will fit a TT generic head? Just need to find lots of clothing :p
man I am bored stuck on the stupid Queenston bridge :(

LOL funny thing is, BR SCULPT (not paint) looks more like mob scene than the whole DX looks!

Evidence:

2hgy8h0.jpg

just to put all the BR hating to rest..

Last edited:
They way the make up is, it doesn't look like the mob scene at all.

No, but that's not what I was saying, I was saying that the BR *SCULPT* looks more accurate like Ledger as he looked in the scene, and basically EVERY scene beside that, since that was an expression he tended to have more often, far more frequently than the weird lips of the DX, making the BR head more posable, apart from the "lacking" paint app, which admittedly is alot worse than the DX, but isnt BAD by ANY standard.

I can only judge from the pics that have been posted so far, but going by what I've seen I also prefer the BR sculpt AND paint over the DX one, even from the comparison photos with both figures side by side under the same lighting condition etc.

Well now, I'm glad some BR supporters have come out.

For me, just me, I tend to like the smeared look of the BR sculpt paint apps better than the 'less red mouth' on the DX. Other than that, both heads look about the same to me sculpt-wise so I don't quite understand the exaggerated response to its superiority.

I'm guessing maybe more textural detail shows on the DX head, or some effect to the paint job that isn't translating in photos yet.

I would prefer if the DX had red lips the size of the BR, just without the running streaks, it is a tad small on the DX, but thankfully not v1 small, the red barely showed on that head.

Well yeah, the V1 had so many problems its not even worth comparing. Although its inaccuracy does kind of make it a 'classic' of a kind.

We'll see as more hi-res pics surface how the BR and DX heads match up. But again, we're debating pictures that are 20x the size of the actual little 1/6th head. I bet in hand all you really notice is that one has more make-up than the other and one has bigger eyes. :)

I think the difference really gets down to how you like your Ledger Joker to look. Both are awesome friggin' sculpts.

Indeed, the only thing winning out DX for me is that I prefer the mob makeup and of course the PERS vs permanently posed paint eyes on the BR. I haven't seen any photo that suggests any quality improvement between BR and DX, just 2 different styles to the Ledger Joker head, and as you said, more personal preference for the appearance than actual quality differences.

I would prefer if the DX had red lips the size of the BR, just without the running streaks, it is a tad small on the DX, but thankfully not v1 small, the red barely showed on that head.

Are you going to fix yours eventually? That irked me with the DCD Joker lips that I had to fix. They both have that nearly thin feminine red lip look. I love the big red lips. I'll probably mod mine eventually after I've admired the stock look. I don't recall any scene in the movie at all like the thin red lips on the DX head. It was all big and messy.

I think it's safe to say those are the scenes they're based on, but neither looks like an exact representation.

Are you going to fix yours eventually? That irked me with the DCD Joker lips that I had to fix. They both have that nearly thin feminine red lip look. I love the big red lips. I'll probably mod mine eventually after I've admired the stock look. I don't recall any scene in the movie at all like the thin red lips on the DX head. It was all big and messy.

I might, we'll how I feel owning it, I can be more bothered by something and critical of it just seeing it compared to once I actually have my own, sometimes the thrill of having a piece makes certain things become non-issue for me.

No, but that's not what I was saying, I was saying that the BR *SCULPT* looks more accurate like Ledger as he looked in the scene, and basically EVERY scene beside that, since that was an expression he tended to have more often, far more frequently than the weird lips of the DX, making the BR head more posable, apart from the "lacking" paint app, which admittedly is alot worse than the DX, but isnt BAD by ANY standard.

I don't think so. And he actually did the DX lips alot more than...the BR mouth..........in fact i dont think he ever did the BR.......

Back