Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's safe to say those are the scenes they're based on, but neither looks like an exact representation.

No, I know, I meant in general. I think the BR gets the interro scene solely because of that smear over his right eye. DX as mob scene I don't really see only because his lips are so thinly painted.

I'd like to make mine the street showdown Joker or Joker from the end fight in the film. Not sure of the exact make-up style for those moments.

I don't think so. And he actually did the DX lips alot more than...the BR mouth..........in fact i dont think he ever did the BR.......

Other than the paint, are the mouth's different?

mmsdxjoker11.jpg

3043561910_75e5dc06c1.jpg

I'd like to make mine the street showdown Joker or Joker from the end fight in the film. Not sure of the exact make-up style for those moments.

The DX is like a sum of his clean looks:

- Mob Meeting
- Dent's Party
- Burning Money
- Nurse Disguise
- Prewitt Siege

The interrogation scene, killing Gamble and the street showdown were variations of smearing around.

For me the BR portrait is just Joker. It's not really scene specific at least nothing really screams "this scene" but instead it's a composite, if you will, of how he generally appeared throughtout the movie.

Wow... I have to admit the white on the DX is more prominient and less smudged, I really like it. But the lips/red on the BR owns the DX.

The hair looks better on the banker robber. I really dislike how Hot Toys clamps figures hair down. Why can't they be different for once and make it a bit more bushy. Some lose strands here and there. Hot Toys always makes everything too neat and perfect.

The DX looks like it's trying to blow a kiss and sticking it's chin out while doing it. The chin looks huge. What can I say.

Heading towards a Jimmy Hill chin.

The lip on the DX curves upward at the left corner, on the BR, it pretty much runs straight accross. There are equally subtle differences on the right side too, and some of the wrinkling around the eyes and forehead differ between the two heads, it's all subtle stuff.

I'd prefer the br smudged lips look. Out of curiosity if I was to try adding some extra red when I get the dx would removing my own addition take off the original paint too? Is it easily chipped or rubbed off?

As long as you use acrylic and quickly wipe off with a wet rag or something if you're not happy. You add to with the correct red and water it down. Brush strokes on some paper first to get the right thickness before applying to the figure to build it up. It wont damage it if you quickly wipe it off. Use something like cotton when wet.

It's too great of a figure for you to pass up, Geil. Come on, you took my advice and got the bat-pod...just give in, will ya? DO IT! :emperor

arghhh I dunno anymore whether I really secretly wanted you guys to convince me or not. I think if Toys2 is open tomorrow and I can convince them to give me a slightly cheaper price since they still have two I will cave :rolleyes:

But guys the pictures are awesome and I do love both paint jobs so let faith decide if I am going to get it or not :p

BTW so the mask.. would it fit a generic TT head so I can possibly have 3 variations? if I get more clothing and TTs?

BTW so the mask.. would it fit a generic TT head so I can possibly have 3 variations? if I get more clothing and TTs?

It might fit on the head that comes with standard TT bodies, it has shaved hair and it's a slender face, you need an almost bald head with a thinner face like the BR slicked head.

I was gonna try this when mine arrives but since I have no clue when it'll come I thought I'd throw it out there:

Would it be possible to place a generic head on the cop joker with the hat on to get a basic cop, then use the 'coat opening' hand on the joker to maybe hold the back of his shirt collar maybe on his knee's or something with the gun pointed at the back of his head? Execution style-y :) Just something I thought might look cool. If anyone can/has done this I'd love to see a pic...

Its eh...its from the cop execution deleted scene on the super special extended directors cut limited collectors edition...or my head :)

Same answer as above, if you get a head with a hair style that's small enough to fit the hat on, you should be fine, could take a bit of guess work to see if you find a head that works unless someone does it first and you can find out which head it was.

Back