Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's some impressive reworking you're doing with that head. I think in a way too, your challenges with this rework are probably hitting on some of the challenges when Yulli did the original sculpt. I don't know what Yulli can do with very expressive sculpts and time, but I can't help thinking that part of the likeness issues on the first head could have come from trying to go more expressive with the head than most 1/6 figures, it seems like a dangerous ground where you run into challenges of trying to be accurrate and the fine line of good looking and not, I think the wrinkling and some of the distortion of the face on the v1 went a bit too extreme. I also think when you go that route without and specific reference imagery to go on, you can lose likeness because you're guessing what that person's face would do if they made the face you're trying to put them in. I've run into it just trying to draw people and make up an expression on their face that's not in any source image I can go by, you take an educated guess and it doesn't always work out.

...and now? shaved off quite a bit of the nose and tweaked. Shaved more off the eye brow areas.

jokerv1wip3.jpg

Still to tweak his right lower eye lid a bit even more.

The shadows aren't helping with the squint eyes or nose. I've shaved more off the nose.

Last edited:
The eyes look perfect now. The nose looks alot better, but maybe could be shaved a bit more. Looking great nonetheless man

Those last shots are good, just give it a quick test paint to see how it'll hold colour and how it'll suit the shapes, you can always restrip it.

...and now? bare in mind the hair is far from finished. Waiting until I'm happy with the sculpt before I finish up the hair then shape it and then colour it.

jokerv1wip5.jpg

Ok, a quick just over 30 minute paint up test. Lot's still to do. Hopefully I'll finish the hair off tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah very cool, i can still see remnants of the V1 under there, but it is MUCH improved, great work man, will look awesome once the hair is done

Yeah the join from the hair to the head will be seamless. Adding a little bit of putty to those parts with the hair inserted to the putty so it looks very natural.

Back