Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_4962.jpg

WOW, that is what i've been waiting to see. Insane.

Yes, scene specific. But scene specific to my favourite scene of all time. That I don't mind one bit.

Agreed... his laugh as Batman was beating the tar out of him was just bone-chilling.

AGREED. When that second punch lands and then the "Hoo....hooh.....hoohahahahehaoh".

Amazing. Couple that with the 'You have nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength." Perfect.

Thanks guys, better pics to come eventually.

I am sorry but I scenes like this throughout TDK is what made it my all time fav movie!!
Snake more more more!!!

I think 6mm is what's used on figures, I just looked at a ruler and figure vests, it's about the same, you should be fine.

It turned out good. No sagging in the middle anymore. As well as no needing to pull the coats so tight together to stop the velcro pulling apart.

I kept the velcro in there holding the middle since most of the strength is in the buttons now.

dscf9242.jpg

dscf9243.jpg

Glad it worked out for you, the velcor HT uses really is the cheapest I've seen used on stuff like this, Sideshow figures use better. Glad for the DX they even wised up and went to snaps.

Looks great snake! Don't dilly dally to long in posting more! :)

Vodoun and Maul, thanks for the heads up about the snaps!

I plan on buying the V1 soon and was woried about the velcro vest.

I wonder is I might be able to find those snaps at a local fabric or hobby store?

Why oh why did Hot Toys not make a headsculpt like that? I love the DX head and I know its technically 'new' but its just too similar to the BRJ head. Was it another case of Hot Toys not being allowed to do a non-neutral expression?

I'm happy with the DX sculpt because overally, I'd prefer that for my clown figure, the DX was just about everything I'd want out of a clown Joker head for the full purple getup and all, though yes, the minimal red makeup was a bummer, but mob based paint and sculpt really worked for me. I'd rather BR head have been something more like this laughing one because the posed eyes and the more worn away makeup aren't my favorite but having that with a really expressive portrait would make for a nice secondary portrait for an interrogation setup.

I'd have loved a laughing HS especially since I've got that Interrogation room diorama on order through BBTS. If I had a choice I'd display the figures like in Snake Eaters pic rather than the usual Joker just sitting at the table...not that theres anything wrong with that.

Yeah i really dig the immersive setups, even if its only just like the godfather, with a simple prop (chair) and the backdrop. Adds SOOOOO much to the figure. I wouldve loved a laughing sculpt too, we already got a nice one with the BRJ, the DX shouldve been a bit more different imho

After the Godfather, I'd be a bit let down if Hot Toys ever made a Scarface and didn't have the Tony Montana shirt included with it.

Why oh why did Hot Toys not make a headsculpt like that?

Probably because less people would've bought it (including myself). I think that custom head sculpt is great.. because I don't own it i.e. it's nice to look at in pics but it's not something I'd personally want. I don't like "dynamic poses" and imo the only way that sculpt works is like the last pic Snake Eater posted (or a interogation set-up in general)..

100_4962.jpg

Looks great. But I tend to go with really bland, neutral poses like this:

100_4851.jpg

And to me that custom sculpt justs looks awkward like that. It's something I would get sick of real fast.

I should have said I'd have liked to have seen it included as a second head....such a pity the version 1 Joker head was what it was. If that one had been the BRJ head maybe there would have been room to put in a laughing headsculpt with what was ultimately the BRJ figure.

Its just 2 so similar 'neutral' headsculpts is kind of annoying when a really obvious one like the Joker - laughing could have been made.

Probably because less people would've bought it (including myself). I think that custom head sculpt is great.. because I don't own it i.e. it's nice to look at in pics but it's not something I'd personally want. I don't like "dynamic poses" and imo the only way that sculpt works is like the last pic Snake Eater posted (or a interogation set-up in general)..

100_4962.jpg

Looks great. But I tend to go with really bland, neutral poses like this:

100_4851.jpg

And to me that custom sculpt justs looks awkward like that. It's something I would get sick of real fast.

I agree. It really is beautiful, and the detail and amount of work is amazing, but I can't spend so much money on something that only looks good in certain poses.

The great thing about such a diverse character is though, like i always say, people will NEVER stop redoing these heads. Add to that, there are soooo many different faces, and subtle expressions heath pulled, that you could literally have 50+ different heads. Not personally, but what i mean is that the possibilities are endless and each head can look totally different from the next. Over the next 10 years, i anticipate, imagine (and look forward to) all the new headsculpts and customs that we're going to see taking on different impressions and scenes. Bring it on i say! :) We will probably even get some more bland, neutral expressions, just with super duper accurate likeness (fingers crossed)
After seeing things like these heads, or that mini-scale ferrari that actually runs, or the fineart models titanic model for eg, it just really goes to show that people never give up on things that inspire them and that they are passionate about. They really are just artworks, even if only monospecific

Back