Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Joker cards loose or are they molded in the multi-card fan like people have him holding them?

Are the Joker cards loose or are they molded in the multi-card fan like people have him holding them?

im pretty sure they are loose, cause I could of sworn I saw pictures of both the cards and money all spread out. Plus sellers on ebay selling the cards alone have them nicely stacked.

indeed. you can tell that the clothes fit really well in these pics. with a little bit of love i managed to get it so his undercoat barely shows although not so much in those pics. love the shoulder articulation since you can bring them closer forward to keep the jacket nice and taut.

only problem is that the velcro sucks bigtime on the vest. im going to carefully remove it and sew on some stronger velcro. and instead of a strip im going to go for three little 'buttons'. also thinking about a way to reinforce his shoulders to get that hunched look ledger has in the film (also I think he has some pretty large shoulder pads in his coat to assist with that look)

i also took three of the bills and burnt them down about halfway...looks very rad!

Can't wait to see what you do with him. Glad you dig it so much too.

They're all loose and made of thin cardboard. I believe they are all different designs as well.

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I just see pics like this and the formation just looks so perfect, makes you wonder if they're glue together.

hotjoker1.jpg

Anyone know if toys2.net are shipping their Joker Orders ?

Paid upfront and its been a while and seeing a few posts now with proud parents holding up 12 inch jokers

BTW

SunnyStudios

Had an Ironman on order with them, 41 days gone by so escalated to claim and received refund. Left appropriate feedback for them

Now for to_bid_or_not_to_bid_that_is_the_question.dne

Shop is : https://stores.ebay.co.uk/ThE-FuN-Of-CoLLeCtiNg

Ive got the batmobile on order with them and have had for 30 days so far

Theyve sat on my money for 30 days as well, Ive asked when will it arrive as Ive got 15 days left before a potential Paypal claim will have to be put in.

BTW Also (mistakenly) ordered an Ironman from to_bid_or_not_to_bid_that_is_the_question.dne today (teach me to look at who Im ordering from)

Once I realised I asked them about the both items. heres what they replied :

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your email. We as an eBay certified preferred trainer, honesty is our first priority. By purchasing multiple listing will cause us to pay extra eBay fees. How about we issue a full refund and set up a private listing for you when they are in-stock? Just simply add us as your favorite seller and contact us when they are released. It would be easier for us :) Let me know if you are ok with it. By carrying the eBay preferred trainer logo we would never jeopardize our honesty and cheat on our customers. Let me know if you are ok with it. By the way, if you pay through a credit card your card issuer also provides protection against fraud and its called charge back. As long as you use their credit card you can get your money back simply through a phone call. Let me know if you are ok with it and a full refund will be issued. We are totally ok for a pre-order without paying any deposit. We believe in trust. As an eBay buyer myself for 8 yrs now I might do the same if I am in your situation. Let me know.

Thanks
Regards
Wilson

This was accompanied by a Mutual request withdrawl for the Ironman transaction

I rejected it and said :

"certified preferred trainer, honesty is our first priority" ill treat that as all goods will be received within the agreed terms of the listing on ebay. Ill also expect the batmobile in the next 15 days within the paypal timeframe. Same for the Ironman

I dont understand how the likes of Studio Sunny and this Fun of Collecting can list stuff on ebay and expect to get it out within 45 days ?

They are the ones taking the chance not us, advertising and taking monies on goods that they have to deliver within 45 days due to paypal time constraints.

When they probably know at the time of placing the listing that theres no chance in hell of that happening, so Ive left negative feedback as I feel Ive just had £100 taken out of my pocket for a month and given back to me with a 2 fingered salute

I understand pre-orders, I also understand ebay listings, but if you take peoples money for a month and then after that month simply give it back then you should expect at least neutral if not negative feedback

either that or dont list the item until you know you can deliver it within 45 days

I don't know about this, dude. These are preorder items and the reason the are listed as shipping within 30 days is to give us the opportunity to pre order them. I think your expectations may be a little unrealistic. Be patient.

I don't know about this, dude. These are preorder items and the reason the are listed as shipping within 30 days is to give us the opportunity to pre order them. I think your expectations may be a little unrealistic. Be patient.

Eh ?

Its a lie,

You advertise a product being "shipped within 30 days in June / July" and the Manufacturers have said that the items will be shipped in October, a whole 2 months after my buyers protection runs out ?

So you sit on £300 for 45 days knowing its gonna be 90 days from the time of listing before the item can be shipped !

What do you expect a customer to do, when theyve spent £300 received nothing and Ebay states that to get your money back youve got to file a dispute within 45 days ???

I just dont understand what you expect would happen ???

For me to say No problemo I trust you to keep your end of the bargain 2 months later ?

Ebay doesn't allow sellers to list preorders that are very far in the future, so a lot of them do put what amounts to lies in their listings.

Then they shouldnt be suprised when someone leaves negative feedback ???

I got a message from StudioSunny :

both our team colleague are very angry and upset for your -ve feedback, all bidders wait for the preorder except you file a paypal dispute without prior contact, then after refunds, send us a very unfair -ve feedbck.

have you seen the latest The Dark Knight Movie?

you active like Joker anyway, no plan, no commication, just kill

Im just flabbergasted ?? why do I get attitude for covering my own back I dont know these guys ?? I gave em money via Paypal and Paypal tells me if I dont get my product and want my money back I file within 45 days

What did they expect me to do when my 45 days are up ?

Let em have the money and hope they honour their end ?

They either list per ebay and its regulations

or they dont

They are just pissed cause I gave negative feedback and tainted that 100% - tough dont lie, dont take money when you cant follow through on what you advertised

If you cant run preorders the way you want to via ebay, then dont use ebay

Last edited:
I expect some kickass pics of these figures, Sean :rock

Oh, I've got plans. I was thnking on my way home tonight, I've got 3 Batmans once I get the new HT Begins in hand, what kinda images could I replicate from the film with extra Batmans :)

Oh, and for those looking to add little items to your Joker's, anyone with Sideshow's T-800 can give him the broken pool cue accessory, "aggressive expansion...make it quick."

Oh, I've got plans. I was thnking on my way home tonight, I've got 3 Batmans once I get the new HT Begins in hand, what kinda images could I replicate from the film with extra Batmans :)

Oh, and for those looking to add little items to your Joker's, anyone with Sideshow's T-800 can give him the broken pool cue accessory, "aggressive expansion...make it quick."

There's only one spot open right now, SO we're gonna have...tryouts...

Oh you are so damn smart!! Thanks!

Eh ?

Its a lie,

You advertise a product being "shipped within 30 days in June / July" and the Manufacturers have said that the items will be shipped in October, a whole 2 months after my buyers protection runs out ?

So you sit on £300 for 45 days knowing its gonna be 90 days from the time of listing before the item can be shipped !

What do you expect a customer to do, when theyve spent £300 received nothing and Ebay states that to get your money back youve got to file a dispute within 45 days ???

I just dont understand what you expect would happen ???

For me to say No problemo I trust you to keep your end of the bargain 2 months later ?

Then they shouldnt be suprised when someone leaves negative feedback ???

I got a message from StudioSunny :

both our team colleague are very angry and upset for your -ve feedback, all bidders wait for the preorder except you file a paypal dispute without prior contact, then after refunds, send us a very unfair -ve feedbck.

have you seen the latest The Dark Knight Movie?

you active like Joker anyway, no plan, no commication, just kill

Im just flabbergasted ?? why do I get attitude for covering my own back I dont know these guys ?? I gave em money via Paypal and Paypal tells me if I dont get my product and want my money back I file within 45 days

What did they expect me to do when my 45 days are up ?

Let em have the money and hope they honour their end ?

They either list per ebay and its regulations

or they dont

They are just pissed cause I gave negative feedback and tainted that 100% - tough dont lie, dont take money when you cant follow through on what you advertised

If you cant run preorders the way you want to via ebay, then dont use ebay

All I'm saying is that if you know the actual realease dates, maybe you should take your chances and hold off on ordering. I know I have things on preorder months in advance with the knowledge that this is the arrangement. I am not trying to insult you but a little research could have remedied this whole situation. These sellers listing them as available within 30 days is to OUR advantage because it makes them available for purchase. Also, if you read the fine print they say availble to ship within 30 days but they also state this is a preorder item and shipment is subject to delays.

indeed. you can tell that the clothes fit really well in these pics. with a little bit of love i managed to get it so his undercoat barely shows although not so much in those pics. love the shoulder articulation since you can bring them closer forward to keep the jacket nice and taut.

only problem is that the velcro sucks bigtime on the vest. im going to carefully remove it and sew on some stronger velcro. and instead of a strip im going to go for three little 'buttons'. also thinking about a way to reinforce his shoulders to get that hunched look ledger has in the film (also I think he has some pretty large shoulder pads in his coat to assist with that look)

i also took three of the bills and burnt them down about halfway...looks very rad!

Nice pics! Shows that with a little extra adjustment, this figure can look every bit as good as the prototype. Can you tell us what you did with the tie and collar?

Ok, thanks for letting me know, I just see pics like this and the formation just looks so perfect, makes you wonder if they're glue together.

I'm actually going to take about four or five of the cards and glue them together in a fan. theres 13 of them unless i lost a few already so four cards won't be a big deal to loose to glue. I'm planning on basically using my favorite one up front and then my least favorite ones behind.

also the cardboard appears to just have a sticker of the card image so repeated placing of them in and out of his hands without opening the hands slightly to receive or let go of them, they seem to peel and wear a little. I've been messing around with him all day trying different poses and i noticed a few of the cards have a bit of wear.

the pockets are deep enough to keep all of his accessories on him which is great.

i found some tweezers and those really come in handy for pulling his inner shirt out through his inner coat and jacket. the clothing is very well fitted and tight and its easy for that shirt to get bunched up in there and make it difficult to put on his coat properly.

Last edited:
Nice pics! Shows that with a little extra adjustment, this figure can look every bit as good as the prototype. Can you tell us what you did with the tie and collar?

-im getting a digital camera in a few days so more pics then, hopefully more folks will have theirs by then.

-yeah i remember hearing about tie and collar troubles, well the cool thing is, is that when i turn the head, the collar and tie turn with it. I just tied the tie fairly tight and used that to hold together the shirt at the neck.

here are a few 'tips' for getting his clothes to fit nice and tight. im sure most of you will figure out with a little bit of a fussing

-in a lot of pics the clothes are a bit baggy, the collars nearly hang off the shoulders and a great deal of the inner coat is exposed . Also a lot of the prototype and new pics have the collar way up the neck. it looks much much better with the collar pulled down nearly as far as it can go. tucking the entire shirt into the pants as far as possible helps as well. he looks a lot better with more neck exposure and the collar fits well like that.

-another tip, pull the jacket up towards the shoulders to get both a better fit and more of a hunched look. Also, a lot of the inner coat bunches up near the shoulders and breasts, causing it to jut out and the outer jacket to slump off. When I repose I always take my finger and tuck some of the inner jacket farther back into the shoulders beneath the outer coat. This helps pull it further back from view (like the film) and gives some padding near his shoulders giving him that hunch. that combined with the more exposed neck gives him more of a movie-accurate posture. also i use the seams as a guideline, where the arm seam meet the shoulder seam, i try and align those with the actual shoulders of the figure by pulling up on his sleeves and coat.

-get some tweezers and use them to pull the inner shirt through the inner coat and outer jacket (be careful not to tear!) I also put the inner coat inside the outer coat and secured that before I even tried putting it back on over the figure.

Toy Anxiety has some loose. 10 cents from Vampire Willow and 50 cents from Arnie. I just purchased a VW one and some other accessories/body to help finish off Nurse Joker. :D

The full pool cues from Shuan and Ed are gone, but I'm not using theirs so that isn't a problem for me.

I don't care for a full cue, half of one with jagged broken tip is perfect for introducing a little anarchy.

I can't wait to have this in person. I paid over $40 in shipping, but I have no idea what method of transfer my seller used.

Back