Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So animate internationals is not shipping my Joker till Tuesday of next week :/ Anyone else getting the runaround?

So animate internationals is not shipping my Joker till Tuesday of next week :/ Anyone else getting the runaround?

They told me the product had shipped 2 weeks earlier than what the tracking number said.

Had to keep bugging them about it, but not only did they lie to me when they shipped, they sent the box AIRMAIL when I paid EMS. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got it worse Spliff, I ordered from ToyWiz, and they told me (a week after) that they wont be "getting" the item.....yeah, I cant wait to see what outragous price they put it up for....

I got it worse Spliff, I ordered from ToyWiz, and they told me (a week after) that they wont be "getting" the item.....yeah, I cant wait to see what outragous price they put it up for....

ToyWiz is a terrible company, all they want to do is jack up the prices. A boardie posted on this or the now closed Joker thread that the same thing happened to him for another item...they then of course relisted it 5 times the price

Sorry to hear that happened to you

All I'm saying is that if you know the actual realease dates, maybe you should take your chances and hold off on ordering. I know I have things on preorder months in advance with the knowledge that this is the arrangement. I am not trying to insult you but a little research could have remedied this whole situation. These sellers listing them as available within 30 days is to OUR advantage because it makes them available for purchase. Also, if you read the fine print they say availble to ship within 30 days but they also state this is a preorder item and shipment is subject to delays.

Ok so what happens after 45 days with Paypal Protection ? is that just lost ?

Also feedback for the order on ebay ? will ebay wait 3 - 6 months for you too enter feedback ?

Surely it would make sense to be upfront an honest with the listing ?

Dont take the full amount for a start !

Advertise a reservation, and then ask for say 15% - 20%

If I ebay search "Hot Toys Joker" and see a load of $160 ones and one that says $60

Simply out of curiosity Ill click on that one !

If your gonna use ebay to advertise and take preorders then dont be suprised if a noob like me (who wouldnt necassarily go looking for "official release dates")

orders whats specified in a listing, and then kicks up a fuss when whats specified in the listing isnt delivered.

These sellers listing preorders in this way ? they what, have other customers "trust" them to deliver, these customers let the 45 day protection lapse, they part with their money for 3 - 6 months without any product or protection ?

I just dont get it ? surely this is the worst way for a customer to "pre-order"

SunnyStudios last message to me was :

stay away from studiosunny

Which imho is laughable, like I need this pr*ck to tell me that

Ive ordered my Ironman through toys2.net now,

Ive learned my lessons

Pay with a Credit Card and through toys2.net (no Monies taken till the items in)

They told me the product had shipped 2 weeks earlier than what the tracking number said.

Had to keep bugging them about it, but not only did they lie to me when they shipped, they sent the box AIRMAIL when I paid EMS. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ooh - that sucks - but at least you got it. For those who didn't get theirs yet from animate - they're shipping the orders out in order that they were bought. They had 300+ orders and I think they're shipping 25 per day only - sounds like they're two guys who probably have day jobs.

Ebay requires people to ship within 30 days of winning the auction. Otherwise they don't let you list an item. That would make almost all pre-order items unavailable on ebay which is a big loss for us.

Therefore, when it comes to pre-orders, *all* the people offering them say "will ship in 30 days" and ALL of them are lying - however they expect that most people understand this. You clearly didn't!

You either have to be willing to trust that they'll ship to you when they get it, or else you should not bid on those auctions - how do you expect them to ship Iron Man to you within 30 days, when it's not even scheduled for release for several months!

I've pre-ordered from a few sellers who have solid feedback, and I've always got my order, even when it was released 6 months later.

Now that you know what the system is you should just not bid on those auctions. Learn the release date before buying! And you shouldn't be giving sellers bad feedback - it's the only way they can make those items available to you. If I was looking at a sellers feedback before buying and I see your negative feedback, it might make me refrain from buying from that seller, even if they're totally legit and honest, all because you didn't know what you were doing.

I can understand you being upset and feeling like you were misled but you should realize you were just not aware of how it works and not feel all self righteous about it!

Eh ?

Its a lie,

You advertise a product being "shipped within 30 days in June / July" and the Manufacturers have said that the items will be shipped in October, a whole 2 months after my buyers protection runs out ?

So you sit on £300 for 45 days knowing its gonna be 90 days from the time of listing before the item can be shipped !

What do you expect a customer to do, when theyve spent £300 received nothing and Ebay states that to get your money back youve got to file a dispute within 45 days ???

I just dont understand what you expect would happen ???

For me to say No problemo I trust you to keep your end of the bargain 2 months later ?

Then they shouldnt be suprised when someone leaves negative feedback ???

I got a message from StudioSunny :

both our team colleague are very angry and upset for your -ve feedback, all bidders wait for the preorder except you file a paypal dispute without prior contact, then after refunds, send us a very unfair -ve feedbck.

have you seen the latest The Dark Knight Movie?

you active like Joker anyway, no plan, no commication, just kill

Im just flabbergasted ?? why do I get attitude for covering my own back I dont know these guys ?? I gave em money via Paypal and Paypal tells me if I dont get my product and want my money back I file within 45 days

What did they expect me to do when my 45 days are up ?

Let em have the money and hope they honour their end ?

They either list per ebay and its regulations

or they dont

They are just pissed cause I gave negative feedback and tainted that 100% - tough dont lie, dont take money when you cant follow through on what you advertised

If you cant run preorders the way you want to via ebay, then dont use ebay

By the way - you should send them an email about that and ask them to refund the difference. That's entirely legitimate and you'd be entitled to file a claim against them if they didn't do it.

Ebay requires people to ship within 30 days of winning the auction. Otherwise they don't let you list an item. That would make almost all pre-order items unavailable on ebay which is a big loss for us.

So the answer is lie ?

toys2.net

Take pre-orders

They take money up front or they take it when it ships dependant on how you pay

Why do they resort to honesty and you, sunnystudio and The fun of Collecting have to resort to lying ?

I realise its not entirely their fault as I should have researched and investigated shipping dates etc and "Pre-orders within ebay"

and ive come to realise that with pre-orders on ebay you have to "trust" someone youve never used before with $700 of your money for potentially 6 months

with no security after 45 days

so

To that end Ive requested to ebay that my "negative feedback" be withdrawn.

Righteous you call me, for asking for honesty from a seller

Guilty as charged

Yes, the answer is lie, or else pre-orders aren't available on ebay.
They have no choice, except lie, or don't sell those items at all.
That's why all the sellers put "SUBJECT TO DELAYS, PLEASE CONTACT FOR DETAILS" - you obviously didn't contact them for details.

Toys2 is not on ebay, they're a store with their own website. They don't have to lie. If they were on ebay, they'd either have to lie, or not put those pre-orders up.

Yes, you ahve to trust them if you're going to buy, and yes it's a risk if you don't know them. Therefore, if you don't trust them you shouldn't buy. You made a mistake, and it's right that if you weren't comfortable you should ask for your money back, and it's good that you asked for the feedback to be withdrawn.

Apparently sunnystudio is no good, so I wouldn't advise one orders from them!

So the answer is lie ?

toys2.net

Take pre-orders

They take money up front or they take it when it ships dependant on how you pay

Why do they resort to honesty and you, sunnystudio and The fun of Collecting have to resort to lying ?

I realise its not entirely their fault as I should have researched and investigated shipping dates etc and "Pre-orders within ebay"

and ive come to realise that with pre-orders on ebay you have to "trust" someone youve never used before with $700 of your money for potentially 6 months

with no security after 45 days

so

To that end Ive requested to ebay that my "negative feedback" be withdrawn.

Righteous you call me, for asking for honesty from a seller

Guilty as charged

Ok so what happens after 45 days with Paypal Protection ? is that just lost ?

Also feedback for the order on ebay ? will ebay wait 3 - 6 months for you too enter feedback ?

Surely it would make sense to be upfront an honest with the listing ?

Dont take the full amount for a start !

Advertise a reservation, and then ask for say 15% - 20%

If I ebay search "Hot Toys Joker" and see a load of $160 ones and one that says $60

Simply out of curiosity Ill click on that one !

If your gonna use ebay to advertise and take preorders then dont be suprised if a noob like me (who wouldnt necassarily go looking for "official release dates")

orders whats specified in a listing, and then kicks up a fuss when whats specified in the listing isnt delivered.

These sellers listing preorders in this way ? they what, have other customers "trust" them to deliver, these customers let the 45 day protection lapse, they part with their money for 3 - 6 months without any product or protection ?

I just dont get it ? surely this is the worst way for a customer to "pre-order"

SunnyStudios last message to me was :

stay away from studiosunny

Which imho is laughable, like I need this pr*ck to tell me that

Ive ordered my Ironman through toys2.net now,

Ive learned my lessons

Pay with a Credit Card and through toys2.net (no Monies taken till the items in)
My only advice to you would be to link up wuth a seller you trust and deal with them exclusively. There are scam artists out there, no doubt and you are definitely taking your chances with HK sellers unless it is a seller you trust. There are some trustworthy ones out there.

So.....any photos in the photo thread?

What do you think this is!? The photo thread!? :lol

bump icruise's awesome touch up job.

ht_joker24.jpg

Best image so far showing off the sculpt work on Joker, likeness looks fine to me. zijian posted this image in the new Batman suit thread.

2721608129_9326e5c2ee.jpg

Ooh - that sucks - but at least you got it. For those who didn't get theirs yet from animate - they're shipping the orders out in order that they were bought. They had 300+ orders and I think they're shipping 25 per day only - sounds like they're two guys who probably have day jobs.

They told me last week that they would ship, I ordered on 7/5 and paid on 7/9. Why not be honest with the customer :rolleyes: I can be patient if a seller is upfront and lets me know of delays, but I have no sympathy when I am lied to.

Back