Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes darker eyes is the only thing it needs................if any.

I really think Ledger Joker products without proper paint will be a challenge to get lighting correct or paint improved in images to let the likeness come through. I think it's in there.

Hot Toys deserves to have it's Ledger sculpt show through, and I'm going to do it for them, you'll see, I'll show ya.

I really think Ledger Joker products without proper paint will be a challenge to get lighting correct or paint improved in images to let the likeness come through. I think it's in there.

Hot Toys deserves to have it's Ledger sculpt show through, and I'm going to do it for them, you'll see, I'll show ya.

Its all good, I can see you doing a great job..............I would however really like to see Les or Josh repaint this head. Both guys have great customs but this is the head to do right now!

Its all good, I can see you doing a great job..............I would however really like to see Les or Josh repaint this head. Both guys have great customs but this is the head to do right now!

I'll literally stick my foot in my mouth and take a photo of it to post if any repaint makes a difference. I don't think J.C. Hong's personal paint job on this sculpt would make it look like Ledger's Joker.

I think anyone who hasn't seen the unpainted sculpt or a repainted head should reserve comment. :lol

And for those who have said it doesn't look like Heath...

WE HEARD YOUR COMMENTS. OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

Maybe give it a rest, huh? As so many of us are very excited to be receiving this figure in the coming weeks. Thank you.

Well last I knew, Les is getting this and planning to paint the head, so you should see something in the next month or two probably. I may try and hunt down a head to try painting it, I don't want to touch this one with the fight to get the figure, I want to leave it be and I have Les' head coming for a custom paint job, so if I can get my hands on just the head, I'll try my own attempt to paint it, but otherwise, light and shadow will be my paints.

Ok, lets settle this...

Does the DC Joker look like Heath Ledger. Yes. Yes it does. But, its a poor sculpt. Meaning theres little or no details.

Is the HT Joker Heath Incarnate? No its not. But its an amazing sculpt. Tons of details.

Its not a perfect Ledger, but its a perfect Joker. Like the Medicom Jack Sparrow. Its not Depp, but its defintly Jack.

Well last I knew, Les is getting this and planning to paint the head, so you should see something in the next month or two probably. I may try and hunt down a head to try painting it, I don't want to touch this one with the fight to get the figure, I want to leave it be and I have Les' head coming for a custom paint job, so if I can get my hands on just the head, I'll try my own attempt to paint it, but otherwise, light and shadow will be my paints.

I was thinking the same thing today, trying to blacken the eyes myself but not dare taking the chance to do a complete repaint. I'd leave that to the masters!

Ok, lets settle this...

Does the DC Joker look like Heath Ledger. Yes. Yes it does. But, its a poor sculpt. Meaning theres little or no details.

Is the HT Joker Heath Incarnate? No its not. But its an amazing sculpt. Tons of details.

Its not a perfect Ledger, but its a perfect Joker. Like the Medicom Jack Sparrow. Its not Depp, but its defintly Jack.

couldn't have said it better myself

I really love the profile of this figure :)
watermark.php

dkjokercomp.jpg

I was thinking the same thing today, trying to blacken the eyes myself

That's really the only paint app that's significantly different from the film makeup, but it seems a lot of products, not just Hot Toys, give his eyes that gradient from black to white look, but I'm curious why they did it. Any picture of him with the makeup clean, it's a ver hard line where black and white meet. Not a big deal, but I can't help but be curious what was the deciding factor for these companies to do it that way, if there'd been early test shots or something that they went off of and the look changed in the movie, I could understand that, but I've seen no reference materials to suggest a smoothly faded transition.

I got it worse Spliff, I ordered from ToyWiz, and they told me (a week after) that they wont be "getting" the item.....yeah, I cant wait to see what outragous price they put it up for....

Hey I think I ordered the Joker from Toywiz the same day you did. How did you hear that they "wont be getting the item?" I have gotten nothing from them but the first email confirmation. Luckily, I ordered from Joe too.

Hey MaulFan, I would really like to see you tackle your 1/6 Maul repaint sometime soon! :)

Hey MaulFan, I would really like to see you tackle your 1/6 Maul repaint sometime soon! :)

Thankfully that can be an ongoing project. I haven't picked up a brush to a figure in quite some time actually, Mattel Joker touch ups was about it. Perhaps soon, been getting bombarded with new collectibles to photograph and such and haven't made time for painting.

I didn't have a problem with HT supes not looking like exactly Routh and i don't have a problem with HT Joker not looking exactly like Heath.

Supes looks like Superman and The Joker looks like the Joker. And they both look to be awesome!!!

I will brave a repaint once he arrives. How long does air mail from Hong Kong take?

I really love the profile of this figure :)
watermark.php

dkjokercomp.jpg

I don't have a problem with the sculpt not looking like Ledger, but in those pics you can see the HT nose is too pointed and the smile scar is too straight in its angle instead of curving up like the Ledgers does.

Back