Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just PM'd and emailed Joe to see if he still has any Jokers left. I've given up on my ebay BIN order placed on July 28th with animate_internationals. I emailed them multiple times to confirm that they have it in hand but they have not replied. Although the auction said "On Hand Ready To Ship", I have little confidence that they will come through. Especially since it seems I won their last listing for a Joker and there are those who have problems with orders placed way before mine.

Think I'm making the right call on this?

Regrettably, I am new to purchasing items overseas. I paid $40 for USPS airmail and I now found out it can take weeks to reach California. I thought airmail would be faster than that. Doesn't it involve an actual plane somewhere along the route?

Where did you order from? Airmail should take no more than a week or 10 days, I would think. EMS (which is what you should be getting for $40) is more like 3 or 4 days.

I've had this pic saved on my PC for a while. Not a lot have seen it though so I thought I'd post it in here....

Heath before the paint went on.
30ttk7s.jpg

wow, they did any amazing job with the scare make up, that's unbelievable how real it looks. the hot toys scare needed to be more.... not as clean and more grusome looking. the scares aren't straight plus the scare on the lower lip too.

hey, would is anyone going to sell a custom joker head? I'd gladly buy one, or if I could send out a joker head to someone for customizing i'd pay what ever someone thought was a fair price on the job.

What gives? Usually USPS is the quickest to deliver but they must have found out how much nerds are clamoring for this figure. I get so many packages from HK that my postal clerk probably thinks I am smuggling Chinese orphans through the mail. It has never taken this long.:mad:

Where did you order from? Airmail should take no more than a week or 10 days, I would think. EMS (which is what you should be getting for $40) is more like 3 or 4 days.

Crap. HK sellers know how to rape the newbs.

Customs can take a few days, depending on how backed up they are. It typically arrives in less than two weeks. I'm antsy too. Mine hasn't shipped yet, but I'm already making arrangements on how to display it.

The head-on shots look really good. The Ledger likeness isn't perfect, but considering how he looked in the film, it's far from a deal-breaker. He looked so different in every scene. Obviously his death was the pink elephant in the room, but his performance always struck me first. The reminder that it was Heath Ledger beneath was always secondary. That isn't just a justification for the sculpt, either. The sculpt really shines with a repaint.

CHECK IT OUT!!!
I just found a new source of the correct gun for the Joker! It's an even nicer gun than the 21st Century one no one can find!

SWM76.jpg

Here's a picture of a real S&W M76

Jake3.jpg

Here's one made by Dragon Models Limited!

The only drawback is that no one has it as loose parts any more, because the figure came out in 2002, so it will run you at least $34. (Cheapest one I saw surfing around)

Jake1.jpg

It comes with "Jake", a Vietnam-era figure.

Jake2.jpg

Here it is in the package. I know there are a lot of you that are like me and want as accurate as possible, so I figured I'd share.
Another tip: If you want a lot of knives for your joker, hit sites like monkeydepot.com and order knives from the loose parts sales. That's what I did, I have a pile of 1:6 knives on the way to me now!
:banana :D :banana :D :banana

Link to the gun?

Just search google for the Vietnam era Jake figure. I think Monkey Depot had him boxed.
Did more research, and now I actually think the movie gun is a Carl Gustaf M/45 submachine gun

CarlGustafKpistM45submachinegun.jpg

Which is even cooler, because it looks more like the Dragon Jake gun.

Jake3.jpg

Back