Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_0901_640x480.jpg

100_0904_640x480.jpg

100_0905_640x480.jpg

100_0906_640x480.jpg

100_0907_640x480.jpg

100_0908_640x480.jpg

Oh great photos! Thanks for those.

Really shows off how beautifully his hair was sculpted.

CHECK IT OUT!!!
I just found a new source of the correct gun for the Joker! It's an even nicer gun than the 21st Century one no one can find!

SWM76.jpg

Here's a picture of a real S&W M76

Jake3.jpg

Here's one made by Dragon Models Limited!

The only drawback is that no one has it as loose parts any more, because the figure came out in 2002, so it will run you at least $34. (Cheapest one I saw surfing around)

Jake1.jpg

It comes with "Jake", a Vietnam-era figure.

Jake2.jpg

Here it is in the package. I know there are a lot of you that are like me and want as accurate as possible, so I figured I'd share.
Another tip: If you want a lot of knives for your joker, hit sites like monkeydepot.com and order knives from the loose parts sales. That's what I did, I have a pile of 1:6 knives on the way to me now!
:banana :D :banana :D :banana

While similiar in look, that's not the same gun he uses in the movie.

edit: Just to clarify, I'm talking about the 'Jake' gun. The one in the film is an m76, the one with Jake looks like a different variation of the gun.

Last edited:
hey there, please somebody who has done a repaint on the joker or touchup, please share what paint techniques you used, ex: colors, paint washes, I want to do touchup on mine, I'm an artist as well, but I don't want to mess it up

please, please share:D

Great pics Snake Sucker! The cards and money are so detailed, it's amazing!!! I can't wait for Mr. J to arrive.:D

hey there, please somebody who has done a repaint on the joker or touchup, please share what paint techniques you used, ex: colors, paint washes, I want to do touchup on mine, I'm an artist as well, but I don't want to mess it up

please, please share:D

Well, there are a lot of possible approaches. But as long as you're just doing a touch-up, I would start conservatively, because you can't really take something back once you've painted black or red on his face. You'll have to repaint the white greasepaint, and matching the shade of white that HT used is difficult.

I would just use black around the eyes, and not do a gradient like Hot Toys did. It should be a bit more of a sudden transition from black to white. However, I think it looks good to have the black going down into his wrinkles a bit to make the bottom edge a little ragged. Also don't forget that he has makeup up on his eyebrows a bit as well. I personally wouldn't go up onto the forehead, since it looks to me like he's got bushy eyebrows and I don't recall it looking like that in the film.

As for the lips, I'd look at some pictures from the movie to get a general idea (although his makeup changed a lot from scene to scene). I used brown and red mixed together for the inside of his scars, red for his lipstick in general, and red with a little white (making dark pink) to add some highlights. I also used some gloss cote to make his lips look wet since he was always licking them in the film. For his upper lip, only put a small amount of red on the lips themselves, and don't go up onto the upper lip. I did that at first and it looked off.

That's about it, I guess. My approach is just one of many though.

ht_joker23.jpg
ht_joker24.jpg

8845500a.jpg

By the looks of this pic. it looks like the make up doesn't need much just a little black around the eyes(heath ledger box pic.) and the eyes need just a little more eye lids and thats it, maybe that would help to make it look more like Heath.

Back