Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made some money for the figure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_kGLKI_CN8

I know it comes with some money as is, but I wanted a bunch of them for displaying. But before I make more I just need your opinion as to if it looks 1:6...does to me but Im not exactly sure.

Looks pretty good, but hard to tell if they are too big/small without them being next to a 1:6 figure.

But if you plan on making a mountain of money, let me know, I'm sure my Joker would love to slide down it and then burn it :lol

All I want to know is where did C-Phan get this head!?

C-PhansJokerhead1.jpg

I'd LOVE to get one like that. Something different from the grimace.

Looks pretty good, but hard to tell if they are too big/small without them being next to a 1:6 figure.

But if you plan on making a mountain of money, let me know, I'm sure my Joker would love to slide down it and then burn it :lol

Here are a couple quick pics w/figure.

pict0025mc8.jpg

pict0026hs4.jpg

I thought about making a good sized pile of money, but that is alot of ink and paper thats gonna need to be used. The "wad" of cash I got now is about $40, so it would take aloooong time to get one big enough.

Here are a couple quick pics w/figure.

pict0025mc8.jpg

pict0026hs4.jpg

I thought about making a good sized pile of money, but that is alot of ink and paper thats gonna need to be used. The "wad" of cash I got now is about $40, so it would take aloooong time to get one big enough.

Yep, looks in scale there. Great job!

You'd only need to print off one bill for each stack of cash when doing the moutain, plus if you have most of the moutain filled out of styrofoam or a box or something, that would really help you.

All I want to know is where did C-Phan get this head!?

C-PhansJokerhead1.jpg

I'd LOVE to get one like that. Something different from the grimace.

That is is in the custom figure challenge remember? Most things in that aren't available.

But I do believe that is Sovereign Studio's head.

That would look very cool and Buttmunch great idea about using styrofoam as a core. That would look very cool.:cool:

You'd only need to print off one bill for each stack of cash when doing the moutain, plus if you have most of the moutain filled out of styrofoam or a box or something, that would really help you.

Or little sugar cubes. :lol

That is is in the custom figure challenge remember? Most things in that aren't available.

But I do believe that is Sovereign Studio's head.

Yeah, I saw it in the custom thread, but his custom is the Joker holding that head in just one shot. Really curious where he got it from.

If it IS Shawn's sculpt, I gotta talk to him. For me anyway, I'd love to have that sculpt as an option for my HT Joker. Thanks for the lead.

How's the Nurse Joker going?

Yeah your right, dont know why I was thinking I would need to actually do each dollar. Guess cause it might look like a stack of cash, but I would know the truth....:( The idea with the styrofoam sounds pretty good, I might do it like that once I clean out a shelf (anime/manga shelf) for the few batman things I got.

I know a lot of people are painting these over but there are shots of Ledger that look like this figure as is. For example...

2736173951_7a3140e502_o.jpg

Yeah, I saw it in the custom thread, but his custom is the Joker holding that head in just one shot. Really curious where he got it from.

If it IS Shawn's sculpt, I gotta talk to him. For me anyway, I'd love to have that sculpt as an option for my HT Joker. Thanks for the lead.

How's the Nurse Joker going?

I'm 99% sure that is his sculpt and they are available.

For Nurse Joker, still need to go get a dremel or something to slim out the body a bit.

Actually I just spoke to C-Phan and HE re-did the sculpt off another unrelated figure.

I really like it. Maybe it's just because it's so different from what we've all been looking at for the last month and a half.

You sure he isn't talking about the one on the figure? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like you are right. They are very similar though!

Thank you guys for your kind comments and critiques. I played around alittle more with the sculpt and Buttmunch, you nailed it man, that is what was bothering me too, I'm still not a 100 percent satisfied but here is some more pics with the drier makeup smudged look, I'll probably just strip this again and practice more, I want it to be perfect :). Here are some pics taken in tungsten lighting for the Dark Knight Feel
Picture_1338_2_.jpg

Picture_1350.jpg

Picture_13491.jpg

Picture_1337.jpg

By the way that sculpt was done by C Phan Wor-Gar, he used a WWE superstar Chris Jericho as the base sculpt

Thank you guys for your kind comments and critiques. I played around alittle more with the sculpt and Buttmunch, you nailed it man, that is what was bothering me too, I'm still not a 100 percent satisfied but here is some more pics with the drier makeup smudged look, I'll probably just strip this again and practice more, I want it to be perfect :). Here are some pics taken in tungsten lighting for the Dark Knight Feel
Picture_1338_2_.jpg

Picture_1350.jpg

Picture_13491.jpg

Picture_1337.jpg

By the way that sculpt was done by C Phan Wor-Gar, he used a WWE superstar Chris Jericho as the base sculpt

Glad I wasn't been too harsh or anything. Looks like you fixed that "wet smudge" look to more of the "dry smudge" now. Great job! Might just be the lighting, but he could use some more skin showing through on the forehead. The make-up was VERY worn off at that point.

Keep it up! I'm sure you'll get tons of practice soon with Chris Howes' heads :lol

Oh not at all, I want to really nail it, and i'm trying a bunch of trial and error, I think all along i should have gone with my gut though, and I believe it will turn out way better than my practice ones :). I"m hoping to have mastered it by the time i get Chris Howe's prototypes.

Oh not at all, I want to really nail it, and i'm trying a bunch of trial and error, I think all along i should have gone with my gut though, and I believe it will turn out way better than my practice ones :). I"m hoping to have mastered it by the time i get Chris Howe's prototypes.

Might be kinda "out there" but you might want to try putting some real make-up on yourself and try replicating the looks that way. I know paint doesn't work exactly the same way, but I think you might get a better feel that way.

Might also try actually smearing the paint as opposed to applying it with a brush. I think trying to replicate how the make-up got that way might produce results similar to how it should look.

Again, I'm no painter so I have no idea if my "advice" is helping or not, but at least you are moving in the right direction. 10X better than the first pics from yesterday. :rock

Haha, funny you mention that, it was my gut idea. Here is the step process i should have tried. Of course base coat the sculpt with skin tone suitable, allow to dry, lightly seal, then apply the white, then use pastels which looks more like makeup when you put it on then thinned down paint, I shyed away from the pastels, but now i know what i need to do. Thanks BM

Back