Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Crap did Les do an amazing job! Blows Hot Toys out of the water! From that teaser you showed, I thought the real hair was going to be a bit to long, but it is PERFECT! Really blends in amazingly! Wow! Just wow! I cannot wait to put that head on my Hot Toys body!

:drool :drool :drool

It definitely improves the sculpt but the scars do need to be more pronounced....the hair is modded as well....

0002od1.jpg

Good news. My Joker came today from Animate. It actually came sooner than I thought it would hearing what everyone has been saying about them. For those that had their boxes crushed sorry to hear, mine was in perfect condition. The shipping box had a few dents but the actual box inside was in no way damaged. This is my first 12inch figure and it's amazing . Not sure how many more 12" figures I could buy though cause these are pretty expensive!

Good news. My Joker came today from Animate. It actually came sooner than I thought it would hearing what everyone has been saying about them. For those that had their boxes crushed sorry to hear, mine was in perfect condition. The shipping box had a few dents but the actual box inside was in no way damaged. This is my first 12inch figure and it's amazing . Not sure how many more 12" figures I could buy though cause these are pretty expensive!
Glad to hear your Joker arrived safely, and in good condition :D Mine should be here in a few days, so I am keeping my fingers crossed

Well I think a lot of the defenders are speaking from the POV that the HT is really nice, albeit not much a likeness to Ledger. That's how I view it, it's not a blatant Heath likeness, but it's still a cool head, really nicely made, and makes for a sharp figure, but the whole figure form head to toe isn't a spot on match to Ledger's Joker so it's really not a figure for that purpose.

I do like the HT head but, I think it NEEDS repainting to get the best out of it.
I also think the degree of likeness to Heath depends on the angle you view it from.

but the whole figure form head to toe isn't a spot on match to Ledger's Joker so it's really not a figure for that purpose.

Again, it goes back to the same conversation we had in TDK thread. It's obvious it's Hot Toys intentions to make the most accurate Joker to the film, so why would I want a 1/6 cosplay Joker. I don't want a generic sculpt sitting in a sharply detailed Joker costume. Is it a great figure? yeah. Is it Heath's Joker? no. Should it be? yes, it's based on the film.

Again, it goes back to the same conversation we had in TDK thread. It's obvious it's Hot Toys intentions to make the most accurate Joker to the film, so why would I want a 1/6 cosplay Joker. I don't want a generic sculpt sitting in a sharply detailed Joker costume. Is it a great figure? yeah. Is it Heath's Joker? no. Should it be? yes, it's based on the film.

Ya, it should be much different to be a good representation of Joker from TDK and it's not, and in that regard it's a bad figure, I was just trying to say that from a production quality POV, it's still a nicely done figure and enjoyable to own, it's only real flaw is if you wanted a mini Ledger Joker, you're not going to get it, really in any regard, it's a loosely based on figure.

HT has everything else going for it.

In terms of film accurracy, it actually doesn't. The inner lining on the trench coat is too Christmas red, it should be more orange but made of a material that can look other shades depending on the lighting, like the film costume, the purple of the pants and trench coat borders on black, it's about 10-20% too dark, the shoes don't quite have the clown shoes look, the tie is a bit simplified, the pattern on his button down shirt is about 10-20% larger than it should be and is more like a black and white color scheme than the blue-grey tint of the film shirt.

I love my Hot Toys Joker, I'm glad I was able to get one and I'm going to have fun making images with it, but in terms of the film accurracy discussion, having seen Les' Joker in hand and studying a lot of Joker images over the last few weeks, I will side with those saying the HT figure isn't very accurrate.

In my opinion, the Hot Toys Joker is the best mass produced Joker in terms of the quality of tailoring and paint applications, it's really impressive how Hot Toys executed making their figure, but the kicker is they applied such great craftsmanship with some poor color and sculpt choices so you don't get the most accurrate figure. As far as mass production pieces, the title of most accurrate is between Medicom and DCD to me.

Back