Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was lookin at this pic when I did it, it does took a tad orange but I see what you mean
zx7e44.jpg

I suppose I just wanted to contrast it to the white

That's true. I can see why you took that approach. In that respect, it does look close to that source image. IMO, however, that screen shot isn't really the greatest one out there.

Still, I think if you tone it down just a little, it will look perfect. You did a fantastic job on the eyes and mouth!!!

Dudes got me refund, THANK U GOD!

"Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for choosing Toywiz.com! We apologize for the inconvenience I set you up for the full refund.Also the manufacture cancel all the orders. We apologize for the inconvenience
and we hope to see you again!
Thank you,
Marisol
Toywiz.com"

Love the eyes on your repaint THE JOKER! :chew

I hope I can make mine look that good! Any tips? What sort of black did you use?

I'm thinking of just working on the eyes... but I might have a go at a little dry brushing of skin tones on other areas of the face.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Joker, your repaint looks GREAT to me! :rock No apologies needed bro!

Here is my repainted Hot Toys Joker.
I went with the Pencil Trick Mob Board room look, because it's been just killing me to try somewhere (I think it's my favorite scene in the movie, and my favorite Joker look since seeing it ), until I can get to my heads for the guys, so here is MY Hot Toys one.
(Plus it helps me to validate keeping the HT as well, as I was kinda sour on it when I first got it until I did something to it...sorry HT enthusiasts...but I'm all better now...I promise...:D )

HTJoker001.jpg

I repainted the gloves on my Hot Toys also, so that dark coat would seem less bothersome. He was SO damn dark! Still is to me. Lucky you that got a purple one. I see the gloves on some are still dark, as in Pjam's. (GREAT SHOTS PJAM!!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!)

Anyway, my stuff...

The two together in full body (Note much darker coat on my HT)
HTwoJokes002.jpg

AND....
What good would all this be without a review vid?!?!?

FML and HT JOKER figure review video

Note that I used a yellower, flourscent setting in my vid camera, so you could see the purples in both a bit better, as they looked more blue in normal lighting. Not the best overall lighting for a vid, but better to see these particular color schemes more accurately.

The HT still looks mighty black coated in regular light to me though....:tap
But the repaint makes me like it now. He's a keeper!

Wow Les...I could can actually see the Ledger likeness in your repaint. Excellent work!

Joker, your repaint looks GREAT to me! :rock No apologies needed bro!

Here is my repainted Hot Toys Joker.
I went with the Pencil Trick Mob Board room look, because it's been just killing me to try somewhere (I think it's my favorite scene in the movie, and my favorite Joker look since seeing it ), until I can get to my heads for the guys, so here is MY Hot Toys one.
(Plus it helps me to validate keeping the HT as well, as I was kinda sour on it when I first got it until I did something to it...sorry HT enthusiasts...but I'm all better now...I promise...:D )

HTJoker001.jpg

I repainted the gloves on my Hot Toys also, so that dark coat would seem less bothersome. He was SO damn dark! Still is to me. Lucky you that got a purple one. I see the gloves on some are still dark, as in Pjam's. (GREAT SHOTS PJAM!!!! YOU ROCK MAN!!!)

Anyway, my stuff...

The two together in full body (Note much darker coat on my HT)
HTwoJokes002.jpg

AND....
What good would all this be without a review vid?!?!?

FML and HT JOKER figure review video

Note that I used a yellower, flourscent setting in my vid camera, so you could see the purples in both a bit better, as they looked more blue in normal lighting. Not the best overall lighting for a vid, but better to see these particular color schemes more accurately.

The HT still looks mighty black coated in regular light to me though....:tap
But the repaint makes me like it now. He's a keeper!

Thanks for the props on my pics, Les. Appreciated Bro.

Amazing work on your HT repaint. That is BoardRoom Joker, eyes are just right as are the "panda eyes" makeup repaint. just superb... I didn't think anyone could pull Heath out of it, many tried and did great jobs getting it closer, but you did it Bro. :clap

Btw, yeah the HT gloved hands are too dark purple, they should be a medium color as you noted. The jacket, however, is a darker muted color in person... I think it's wool. Your custom coat looks much closer to that, in texture and look as the HT coat is new material with a sheen, but they did get the color pretty close, on mine anyway...

Anyway, My HT Joker head will be coming your way.... glad you're happy with it now. :D

if I ordered a hot toys joker from Japan and now its in the states is that normal ?.
I'm in the UK , I'm not sure what its over there for ? :lol

if I ordered a hot toys joker from Japan and now its in the states is that normal ?.
I'm in the UK , I'm not sure what its over there for ? :lol

i think they are shipping yours over to me. :lol

i have NO idea what it is doing here... do you still have an approximate delivery date?

Love the eyes on your repaint THE JOKER! :chew

I hope I can make mine look that good! Any tips? What sort of black did you use?

I'm thinking of just working on the eyes... but I might have a go at a little dry brushing of skin tones on other areas of the face.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Thanks bro! I just worked from the eye smudging outwards with black arylic, I also use a tiny bit of ink in certain areas.
be sure to post up pics when you attempt yours :rock

Back