Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joker, your repaint looks GREAT to me! :rock No apologies needed bro!

:horror:horror Les just paid my painting skills a compliment :lol :chew

as aways you have done a beyond awesome job with yours, I love the skin tones, pupils and the heavy handed look of the makeup, just like it was in the 'pencil trick' scene :rock

Just a quick OT question. What do you guys typically seal the heads with after a touch up or repaint?

I use a Testors Model Master Clearcoat dull on the skin and serious glosscoat spots on the eyes. Good stuff and it protects it well also.

Again, to THE JOKER, your repaint is super. I would very much like to see it in better focus if you can. Your's is pretty spot on to me. Ink you say? I wonder what kind and how you applied that?
Cool stuff! :rock

Les, that is probally the best repaint on this sculpt that I have ever seen to date. Now here is my question....I will receive my HT Joker begining of September and Will it be possible to have you repaint the head as you did yours? I'll be gladly to pay for the paint job as well as the shipping both ways ofcourse. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

:horror:horror Les just paid my painting skills a compliment :lol :chew

as aways you have done a beyond awesome job with yours, I love the skin tones, pupils and the heavy handed look of the makeup, just like it was in the 'pencil trick' scene :rock

You bet! I just complimented you again! It's a super paint you did. Unafraid and in there getting those lights and darks. I had to figure out how to approach that. I've only painted the more cracked look, and well before seeing the movie myself. My HT repaint is the FIRST paint of the character since seeing the movie, so again, bravo to your paintwork. It takes a sort of fearless approach to making it look just like what it is, like slopped on makeup and not some fancy paint work. It's actually hard to capture and you did.

And thanks for your kind words also. This is a fun one to do. I cannot wait to get to the ones I owe folks. There are so many fun things to paint here, and it is invigorating to have such a unique paintup challenge that is not just skin and beard and hair etc.

And again, for anyone not ever getting their's repainted or anything else, the HT figure is really cool! I am way less hard on it than before. I just wasn't as into it, due to having had my own custom one for so long. And, I think HT is not THE most accurate sculpt, but so what. It is a fun one.
Just wish the attire issue was better, but so be it.

Again, to THE JOKER, your repaint is super. I would very much like to see it in better focus if you can. Your's is pretty spot on to me. Ink you say? I wonder what kind and how you applied that?
Cool stuff! :rock

Thanks Les. I tried to get the best focus possible but my crappy camera wasn't havin it. must invest in an SLR soon. And being the punk I am I just used a fountain pen with ink cartridge on certain parts to get some fine detail in there

Les, that is probally the best repaint on this sculpt that I have ever seen to date. Now here is my question....I will receive my HT Joker begining of September and Will it be possible to have you repaint the head as you did yours? I'll be gladly to pay for the paint job as well as the shipping both ways ofcourse. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Sure. PM me about it, or email me. Know that I have an obligation to a couple of series of my own replacement heads first, but after that I will be happy to repaint a few HT ones.
Just like for my own collection (Pjam was just telling me to keep mine! I wasn't going to...but I kinda like it now...) I now have a different looking Joker from a different scene in the movie. Hadn't planned on more than one Joker, but what the heck.
And I do repaint heads, so sure, I would be happy to repaint HT heads.

Anyway, enjoying ALL the amazing photos of ALL these. STILL love that Train shot best of all I think. AMAZINGLY COOL photo! Gives me chills.

You bet! I just complimented you again! It's a super paint you did. Unafraid and in there getting those lights and darks. I had to figure out how to approach that. I've only painted the more cracked look, and well before seeing the movie myself. My HT repaint is the FIRST paint of the character since seeing the movie, so again, bravo to your paintwork. It takes a sort of fearless approach to making it look just like what it is, like slopped on makeup and not some fancy paint work. It's actually hard to capture and you did.

And thanks for your kind words also. This is a fun one to do. I cannot wait to get to the ones I owe folks. There are so many fun things to paint here, and it is invigorating to have such a unique paintup challenge that is not just skin and beard and hair etc.

And again, for anyone not ever getting their's repainted or anything else, the HT figure is really cool! I am way less hard on it than before. I just wasn't as into it, due to having had my own custom one for so long. And, I think HT is not THE most accurate sculpt, but so what. It is a fun one.
Just wish the attire issue was better, but so be it.

In a weird way I'm actually happy that the HT factory paint was so crappy, because it meant that I HAD to repaint it and now when I look at the figure it has more meaning to me. The way I see it, if you are gonna attempt a repaint you might as well get stuck in. :lol

Thanks Les. I tried to get the best focus possible but my crappy camera wasn't havin it. must invest in an SLR soon. And being the punk I am I just used a fountain pen with ink cartridge on certain parts to get some fine detail in there

Why not! Must be a lot of interesting ideas for doing this particular repaint.

That makeup is dynamite! Hard to capture. DA Josh and I both saw it together this last weekend, and came out talking about how hard it was to do for both of us.
Pen, paint, whatever it takes. Just be careful that ink might spread and dye the plastic or bleed into areas. It is known to do that as it is a pure liquid almost, without the larger particulate pigments of paint. Oilier too. So just be careful and don't be put off if it bleeds into other areas some later.

Sure. PM me about it, or email me. Know that I have an obligation to a couple of series of my own replacement heads first, but after that I will be happy to repaint a few HT ones.
Just like for my own collection (Pjam was just telling me to keep mine! I wasn't going to...but I kinda like it now...) I now have a different looking Joker from a different scene in the movie. Hadn't planned on more than one Joker, but what the heck.

Anyway, enjoying ALL the amazing photos of ALL these. STILL love that Train shot best of all I think. AMAZINGLY COOL photo! Gives me chills.

I would love to get in a line for a HT head repaint from you. You really did capture that board meeting look. I'm floored. Mind if I send send a pm? :)

Love this one too, P!

bj2.jpg

This one made me chuckle...

Now funny man... cough!

bj5.jpg

PM Sent!!! Lookin' forward for this one.:joy

Love this one too, P!

bj2.jpg

This one made me chuckle...

Now funny man... cough!

bj5.jpg

Thanks WG! Much appreciated, I hope you all enjoyed them, nice seeeing a different take on things, keeps things fresh and fun.. and this figure IS fun...

And maulfan Sean, thank you SO much for your heartfelt PM, means a lot coming from the Image King. :D

Loved taking the shaky shots... thought this came out kinda cool...

bjoz.jpg

Anyway, I'm seeing TDK again tonight, only this time in IMAX at Uni -- exactly one Month from seeing it on Opening Day 7/18... :rock

Last edited:
Well... I finally got mine!

I LOVE THIS FIGURE!

I can't add much after the amazing photos that have been circulating, so just three quick ones fresh from the box:

Joker-in-box (mostly for Les to check the color difference in the coat, if any)

Jokerinbox.jpg

Joker out of box (shot's a bit dark, but it was sharp):

Jokerfull.jpg

Joker close-up!

Jokercu1.jpg

I really like this face! Of course, I just got him so I'm a bit excited. Let's see what I think tomorrow.

Overall, one of HT's best! The sculpt detail (whether Heath or not), the clothing detail, everything looks great. Well worth my money I think.

I don't find the clothing too dark -- meaning the coat isn't nearly black, looks clearly purple to me, just a dark, dull shade of drab purple... not vibrant. I'll take some lighting shots to see if I can show the various degrees of color you can get out of it. But yes, Les, the gloves do verge on black. I still see purple, but they're much darker than the coat.

OK, that's my participation for now. Got Bats to open as well...

Greg, your Joker coat looks like mine, and presumably Les'. As you say, it's not black, it's just a REALLY dark purple and depending on lighting and surrounding colors, photos and in person can look brighter or darker.

Glad you got yours and are another happy owner, it is a badass figure.

Congrats WG! :rock

Looks like you got a good one! Looks just like mine. Great crisp collar and wonderfully tailored and layered outfit. I see the same color coat as mine though...

Back