Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, funny you mention that, it was my gut idea. Here is the step process i should have tried. Of course base coat the sculpt with skin tone suitable, allow to dry, lightly seal, then apply the white, then use pastels which looks more like makeup when you put it on then thinned down paint, I shyed away from the pastels, but now i know what i need to do. Thanks BM

"Now I know what I would have to do to paint men like him" :lol

Your welcome. Glad I could help. Can't wait to see the results. :rock

"Now I know what I would have to do to paint men like him" :lol

Your welcome. Glad I could help. Can't wait to see the results. :rock

Haha, i'm gonna have to set an evil mood to get into it. LOL
I'll reveil the results through the Prototypes BM, at least you know the Bale will KIck ARSE!, no but really so will the Jokers

Thank you guys for your kind comments and critiques. I played around alittle more with the sculpt and Buttmunch, you nailed it man, that is what was bothering me too, I'm still not a 100 percent satisfied but here is some more pics with the drier makeup smudged look, I'll probably just strip this again and practice more, I want it to be perfect :). Here are some pics taken in tungsten lighting for the Dark Knight Feel
Picture_1338_2_.jpg

Picture_1350.jpg

Picture_13491.jpg

Picture_1337.jpg

By the way that sculpt was done by C Phan Wor-Gar, he used a WWE superstar Chris Jericho as the base sculpt

I love it. Your paint work really shows the Heath Ledger likeness in the sculpt. Another thing I like is you seemed to have covered up that fith wrinkle on the left side (picture left) of the forehead which always kinda bothered me on the HT sculpt.

^^^He has NO NECK. Doesn't look right. Same thing with Les' Joker.. or more specifically I guess the DCD Joker (!?) that figure looks like it has no neck. Looks bad.

Excellent work Kuato and Just a Freak!

I have a couple of head shots of the straight, unmodified figure:

Jokeredit.jpg

Jokerdetail.jpg

Here is my HT joker with modified and repainted DCD head.

I am actually liking this. The JOker was pretty much always huntched over in the movie and I think with this you get the best of DC and Hot Toys and I am not saying I don't like the HT sculpt.

^^^He has NO NECK. Doesn't look right. Same thing with Les' Joker.. or more specifically I guess the DCD Joker (!?) that figure looks like it has no neck. Looks bad.

A. The DCD doesn't have a neck because it's a head sculpt that fits onto a neck.

B. Les' Joker has a fully sculpted neck no different than the Hot Toys Joker.

C. You probably meant to say the clothes hide the neck. But that takes a little tact.

A. The DCD doesn't have a neck because it's a head sculpt that fits onto a neck.

B. Les' Joker has a fully sculpted neck no different than the Hot Toys Joker.

C. You probably meant to say the clothes hide the neck. But that takes a little tact.

True tru and true! :D

Picture_1337.jpg

May I know what you all using to repaint it? Dry brush? Acrylic color? I need some guidance on this. Thanks!

My mind has completely 180ed on this figure. Especially after I thought about it some. I was looking at a bunch of screen shots, and due to the different styles of makeup from scene to scene, sometimes fresh, sometimes rotting. Joker has many different looks in the film, and each can be captured in a way in different toys and sculpts I see elements. I have even argued that I find strong resemblence to certain photos of Heath's Joker smile in the Mattel "Kid Friendly TDK Joker" figure. This figure is no different. This pic comparison definetely helped out the cause, along with Kuato's repaint, and that INCREDIBLE pic of TDK Joker with the bazooka. And if I get a HT Joker, where could I find that bazooka?

14DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

joker234ud1.jpg

I can't wait for DC Direct to import this and the new suit Bats... phenomenal pics from everyone thus far. Kuato's custom paint gets me all tingly in the brainpan!

My mind has completely 180ed on this figure. Especially after I thought about it some. I was looking at a bunch of screen shots, and due to the different styles of makeup from scene to scene, sometimes fresh, sometimes rotting. Joker has many different looks in the film, and each can be captured in a way in different toys and sculpts I see elements. I have even argued that I find strong resemblence to certain photos of Heath's Joker smile in the Mattel "Kid Friendly TDK Joker" figure. This figure is no different. This pic comparison definetely helped out the cause, along with Kuato's repaint, and that INCREDIBLE pic of TDK Joker with the bazooka. And if I get a HT Joker, where could I find that bazooka?

OMG NO WAI
welcome to the club :lol

14DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

joker234ud1.jpg

Good man...................now say sorry :lol

Back