Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question and any help much appreciated. Whats the best way to remove paint? I have plans to repaint the Joker and haven't actually removed paint from a figure before.

Nope. Just thought he be stealin someone's pic and trying to pass it off as his own. Happens a lot. Probably not the case....anyway

Pencil.jpg

My mind has completely 180ed on this figure. Especially after I thought about it some. I was looking at a bunch of screen shots, and due to the different styles of makeup from scene to scene, sometimes fresh, sometimes rotting. Joker has many different looks in the film, and each can be captured in a way in different toys and sculpts I see elements. I have even argued that I find strong resemblence to certain photos of Heath's Joker smile in the Mattel "Kid Friendly TDK Joker" figure. This figure is no different. This pic comparison definetely helped out the cause, along with Kuato's repaint, and that INCREDIBLE pic of TDK Joker with the bazooka. And if I get a HT Joker, where could I find that bazooka?

Wow, you were the last person I expected to give this figure any sort of compliment. Welcome, new convert. Now let us all worship. Fellow brothers, keep faith that your Hot Toys Joker will arrive in the mail soon. There will be peace on earth. All glory to the Hot Toys Joker.

My mind has completely 180ed on this figure. Especially after I thought about it some. I was looking at a bunch of screen shots, and due to the different styles of makeup from scene to scene, sometimes fresh, sometimes rotting. Joker has many different looks in the film, and each can be captured in a way in different toys and sculpts I see elements. I have even argued that I find strong resemblence to certain photos of Heath's Joker smile in the Mattel "Kid Friendly TDK Joker" figure. This figure is no different. This pic comparison definetely helped out the cause, along with Kuato's repaint, and that INCREDIBLE pic of TDK Joker with the bazooka. And if I get a HT Joker, where could I find that bazooka?

cool! you should get one!

Quick question and any help much appreciated. Whats the best way to remove paint? I have plans to repaint the Joker and haven't actually removed paint from a figure before.

Pure acetone may do the trick, though I've never used it myself. I've removed paint on smaller figures using Kiss-Off (a similar product to Goof-Off) with good results, but it takes a looong time. Since one of the criticisms of this figure is that the wrinkles and scars are too deep, painting directly over the face should be just fine.

C. You probably meant to say the clothes hide the neck. But that takes a little tact.

No I didn't mean to say that.. learn to read:

that figure looks like it has no neck.

If you look in the mirror and you're built like that (regardless if you're wearing a collared shirt) then good luck at your next event for "special" kids. Hope you medal.

No I didn't mean to say that.. learn to read:

If you look in the mirror and you're built like that (regardless if you're wearing a collared shirt) then good luck at your next event for "special" kids. Hope you medal.

So you think a headsculpt that has no sculpted neck looks like it has no neck, and a figure that if you look at the photos of the sculpt has a sculpted neck, yet somehow still doesn't have a neck....Hmmm, I'll give you my medal if I win.

Hi , My HT joker Box is demange. Is that anything,i can do ? I hear someone, buy with animate internationals. They post back the new box to cust. "of course,with support"

Somebody tell me that , they had the stock with "joker" & " First batman". I ask with them, They answer me , now is shipped out the order before 20July, next week will ship after 20JUL.

Hi , My HT joker Box is demange. Is that anything,i can do ? I hear someone, buy with animate internationals. They post back the new box to cust. "of course,with support"

Somebody tell me that , they had the stock with "joker" & " First batman". I ask with them, They answer me , now is shipped out the order before 20July, next week will ship after 20JUL.

:confused::confused::confused:

I don't think a company will care much if the box is damaged.. especially if the figure or whatever is fine. Unless you specified that you wanted a mint/collector box (like TFAW have an option for a mint box with no damage for collectors). I think that option costs more though. Maybe someone else can help you better. If they can understand those two run on sentences that would bring any linguist to tears.

Good luck!

Yeah....nice Photoshopping. Those pics are from a while back.

Jokeredit.jpg

Jokerdetail.jpg

Actually, I took those myself maybe a day before posting them, and if I did do any photoshopping, it's just cropping the photos, and maybe enhancing the contrast a little, though I can't remember if I did that or not. The background with the Joker face is actually my computer screen with a joker wallpaper on it.

What gives?

It's not necessary to remove the paint to repaint a figure. In fact, it's difficult to do it cleanly, so you're better off just painting over the factory paint job, even if you want to do a full repaint.

Actually, I took those myself maybe a day before posting them, and if I did do any photoshopping, it's just cropping the photos, and maybe enhancing the contrast a little, though I can't remember if I did that or not. The background with the Joker face is actually my computer screen with a joker wallpaper on it.

What gives?

And you took beautiful shots. I don't know what that guy is talking about either. Love to see more.

What gives?

I've seen 'em before, thats probably why. It looks like you took "some other guy's" pics, and claimed they're yours. If not, then forget it.

Just a personal issue I disliked....:eek:

Maybe they look like some other shots done in similar lighting or something. No reason to pretend someone else's photos are mine - I'd just say ' "hey check out these cool shots someone posted!"!

Back