Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes. Not as powerful as an air con then. Im checking ebay listings as well as places like Harvey norman for portable units. I may also look into the old square shaped wall units as there also quite cheap and inexpensive to run

Ah yes. Not as powerful as an air con then. Im checking ebay listings as well as places like Harvey norman for portable units. I may also look into the old square shaped wall units as there also quite cheap and inexpensive to run

Evap coolers are, in dry, hot climates, better than air-con IMO. They are substantially cheaper to run and the cool air they emit is very moist, unlike the dry air air-cons spit out. They encourage air flow in the house too, as they work best with fresh air coming in through open windows that is then cooled by the unit. But yeah, in a humid climate like yours, they are not as efficient owing to the fact that the evaporative process by which they cool the air relies upon incoming air having a low moisture content. Think about when you're sweating - your sweat has a greater cooling benefit in hot, dry weather than it does in hot, humid weather.

Exactly my thinking. It wouldn't be a terrible idea since their so cheap but I may as well invest in a more powerful air con.

OT again....aircons have modes, on humid days use dry mode (replaces the hot humid air with cooler dry air) low humidity use the normal mode..... leaving the air con on dry all the time will dry out the glues in your laminated cabinets etc....

back on Topic I've had Leo since release in a detolf in a bent arm pose in the brisbane climate, air on to suit ME not my toys and it's just fine, worst case and he splits I replace with a muscle body or something..... PS in all my cabinets I place those little silicon bags you get with the figures & shoes etc to help with any excessive moisture

Not gonna happen. This isn't Iron Man or Predator :lol

If you think about all the releases that are fetching big money on ebay they seem to be ticking 'em off either as re-releases or variants: Mark 1, DX Joker, Robocop, Predator, OC Bats, Mk 2 AU, Wolverine... it's only a matter of time before we see Blade and Don Vito, and the next rung in the ladder would be King Leo. Maybe?

Not gonna happen. This isn't Iron Man or Predator :lol

yah or Batman...

If you think about all the releases that are fetching big money on ebay they seem to be ticking 'em off either as re-releases or variants: Mark 1, DX Joker, Robocop, Predator, OC Bats, Mk 2 AU, Wolverine... it's only a matter of time before we see Blade and Don Vito, and the next rung in the ladder would be King Leo. Maybe?

how about a BD bloody King Leonidas...one can wish :pray:

My prize piece:yess:
P1130081.jpg

P1130082.jpg

P1130085.jpg

Everytime I walk past my detolf I stop to admire this beauty. Drop dead amazing:thud:
With one grail down this is my standing list of must have pieces:
Abe Sapien
The Godfather
Hellboy
Bank Robber Joker
Cody (SS 1/6)

:slap

My prize piece:yess:
P1130081.jpg

P1130082.jpg

P1130085.jpg

Everytime I walk past my detolf I stop to admire this beauty. Drop dead amazing:thud:
With one grail down this is my standing list of must have pieces:
Abe Sapien
The Godfather
Hellboy
Bank Robber Joker
Cody (SS 1/6)

:slap

Great pics bud, King Leo has never looked better :D

Leo is the last Hot Toy that I've wanted and havent gotten since I started collecting :gah:

It was a great movie and it's such a nice figure... I just think they should be wearing a little more body armor than a speedo... even other roman gladiators whore metal chest armor.

So instead of spending $600 - I ordered a HT leonidas head sculpt, helmet, shield, spear and feet... and the new Flamma ACI gladiator I'm going to use for the body and weaponry, and HT Perseus Armor for equipment... Let you know how it turns out

Back