Hot Toys and Sideshow Bodies: A Comparative Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only reasonable explanation as to why these nutswingers like to show off their naked stunted pygmy bodies in homoerotic poses can best be described by John Bender, "I have such a deep admiration for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys." :lol

Figuremaster Les said:
I've done everything from tape, to adding some cotton and padding to some places...the loose but tighter fitting joints can be tightened using one method, glue. What I mean is, something that will dry inside the joint, but not necessarily glue it stiff and non-moving. Elmer's glue or fabric glue, in small doses, in the right areas, works well. I have even added drops of superglue gel and kept working the joint until it set and had a tighter joint, but that is risky.
Depends on the joint. The shoulders are the worst. If you can add some cotton up in there, and secure it, then dress the figure, that seems to work well. It's just that Sideshow has those weird double slot shoulders, that I constantly am shifting back with a "pop" each time, that helps them look better. That can be secured with cotton somewhat also.
These methods only work on totally clothed figures.
I haven't had to secure shoulders on a bare figure yet.

Feet, it's best to use the glue method. I hate Spinning Foot Syndrome!
I have noticed that if you can work the ankles around to where the foot turns up or down, in the sideways position only, then the foot will stay in a straight out forward position and stand better without a doll stand. That is small stuff though. It takes some tricky maneuvering thougth of the ankles.

I have never had a problem with SS elbows though. Those suckers come tight!

Oh, then there's surgery!
I had my Pierce Brosnan Bond jump off the shelf once, and when he landed, it popped his torso, and all the tight lines inside pulled his body inward so he looked like a dwarf in regular clothing! That took removing the clothes, taking the torso apart, and reworking the innards where I could reglue the torso halves back where they are supposed to go. Learned a lot that day! These guys are tightly sprung in there! If you tighten that up some, they will not be loose afterwards. Just requires inner surgery.
i've used the Elmers glue method and it works great. tried the Super glue once, and had to work the joints REALLY fast! if not it could fuse evrything together.

4213_1.jpg

Mookeylama said:
i've used the Elmers glue method and it works great. tried the Super glue once, and had to work the joints REALLY fast! if not it could fuse evrything together.

I think I'll give this a shot. thanks for the heads up

I'd love to switch out ALL my figures to more appropriate bodies, but it's not cost efficient. As it is, I'm very happy using , as Les says, the best body for the job. But for Sideshow figures, I leave em as Sideshow. I might bash a body here or there (re: my true 14" FVJ Jason), but I tend to keep it all within the realm of Sideshow.

As for joints, I've always stuck with the superglue method. Just takes a little more time and fussing witht the joint till it dries, but then it's nice and toight, like a toiger.

dekadentdave said:
The only reasonable explanation as to why these nutswingers like to show off their naked stunted pygmy bodies in homoerotic poses can best be described by John Bender, "I have such a deep admiration for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys." :lol

is that all you krugan's think about? making fun of homos and queers? who in the right mind would? If you were right in the mind, you would be alot more considerate and sincere to EVERYONE, AS THEY WOULD DO THE SAME TO YOU (Including gay people) PROBABLY WHY YOU GUYS WILL NEVER GET A KURGAN FIGURE FROM SST...

any mature person could tell that the RAH301 bodies were father/son...

you guys are so immature, I always tried to stay nice... but you guys are rude, sick minded, foul, unethical, ignorant, it's like talking to a brick ****ing wall... cept you pix... and heck you're cool too superfan Josh.

nevertheless, you guys are human.. and forgivable.... I still think you guys are FABULOUS

shai - I can't wait untill you're a mod... I think I'd be in my 80's... or dead...

That was just a joke but I think you just took this thread on a one-way-ticket to the Sandbox. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Kids...

snakebeater said:
you guys are so immature, I always tried to stay nice... but you guys are rude, sick minded, foul, unethical, ignorant, it's like talking to a brick ****ing wall...

:rock :rock :rock

snakebeater said:
bluesparrow - sorry dude, I just thought or felt, that with this comparison you can compare any and every body... as alot of people mentioned the A.C.E body and EVA and EVOs....

That's fair enough dude. LOL, what a ****storm erupted from just a couple simple bumps to this thread though!

abake said:
The only big drawback of the Medi body (other than height -or lack thereof) is the godawful wrist joint. But I hear that's been taken care of with their new Bruce Lee figure.
Nope, it wasn't.

Back