Hot Toys and Sideshow Bodies: A Comparative Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth, I would use poster putty instead of glue. That way, you can remove it later.

So, I got my Darth Maul the other day and I just can't stand the Sideshow body he has. I wasn't going to replace any bodies of figures in robes that covered the shape, but this guy NEEDS the articulation. Maul's shoulders are worthless for posing, and the guy is just boring now next to my Luke... so I ordered two more HT asian skin tone bodies, also a pair of black leather DID boots to replace his rubber galoshes.

I hope this doesn't become a habit. I'm already considering replacing the body on Obi Wan.

bluesparrow said:
I hope this doesn't become a habit. I'm already considering replacing the body on Obi Wan.

LOL, I know it has for me. That is why I am now much more selective when it comes to purchasing Sideshow Star Wars figures until Sideshow designs a new body on par with the competition.

I just bought in and grabbed a HT body for maul.(But i might hit up obi to):D

I just got a X-Files CSM in the male and the range of movement in his elbows and chest joint are a lot better than the newer stuff. He can arch forwards and back and stay and he can also do the cellphone pose. :D I noticed the plastic is different [feeling], too. Same body and everything, just different plastic it seems. Joints were pretty tight, too. Doesn't sound so hollow, either.

Also, the head is proportionate (and so are the hands) which actually makes the skinny body not look so bad. I wish (beg) Sideshow to fix the heads and hands on their Star Wars figures.

Last edited:
This is why I love the Medicom body so much... it can make the character look so much more badass..

instead of goofy
image5tf9.jpg
[/
look at the posture difference...

It doesn't look good without clothing, yes... but it balances out...

Regular RAH301 and RAH220
RAH.jpg

RAH2.jpg

RAH3.jpg

RAH4.jpg

RAh5.jpg

Massive RAH301
RAHMassive.jpg

RAHMassive2.jpg

and Medicom Snake sports a RAH301 MASSIVE, with newly sculpted parts to match snake's physique (They do this for every character that has a special physique..... the only one they ****ed up on is superman... ahhah)

Pictures courtsy of Mr. Elljay.

RAHSnake2.jpg

RAHSnake3.jpg

RAHSnake4.jpg

RAHSnake5.jpg

RAHSnake6.jpg

RAHSnake1.jpg

RAHSnake8.jpg

RAHSnake10.jpg

RAHSnake9.jpg

RAHSnake7.jpg

Last edited:
Snakebeater, you seem like a cool guy so I feel a little hesitant mentioning this... but you don't have to make EVERY thread about medicom. I don't really see the relevance of your last couple of posts to a comparison between hot toys and sideshow bodies.

bluesparrow said:
Snakebeater, you seem like a cool guy so I feel a little hesitant mentioning this... but you don't have to make EVERY thread about medicom. I don't really see the relevance of your last couple of posts to a comparison between hot toys and sideshow bodies.

He just want to show you that the Medicom body is the greatest thing on earth.

I got to check out the new HT body a few days back and it is indeed nice!(there should not even be a review SS's isn't even close)I encourage everyone thats into changing body's or lookin at this thats on the fence to grab one.

snakebeater said:
This is why I love the Medicom body so much... it can make the character look so much more badass..

instead of goofy
image5tf9.jpg
[/
look at the posture difference...

It doesn't look good without clothing, yes... but it balances out...

Regular RAH301 and RAH220
RAH.jpg

RAH2.jpg

RAH3.jpg

RAH4.jpg

RAh5.jpg

Massive RAH301
RAHMassive.jpg

RAHMassive2.jpg

bluesparrow said:

The thing I'm getting tired of reading is how much crappy SS Bodies are or their product and how great Medicom, HT, etc. are in regards to SS. It seems as if we're getting a ton of Medicom Folks coming to a SS Board telling us how much the stuff we buy sucks compared to what they buy. I'm like Medicom's stuff and think they're cool as heck but I wouldnt go to a Medicom Board totating the fact I think SS is better. You don't have to think SS is better to be here but don't be making post/thread after post/thread about how great another company is on a board dedicated to the company you think sucks.

jlcmsu said:
The thing I'm getting tired of reading is how much crappy SS Bodies are or their product and how great Medicom, HT, etc. are in regards to SS. It seems as if we're getting a ton of Medicom Folks coming to a SS Board telling us how much the stuff we buy sucks compared to what they buy. I'm like Medicom's stuff and think they're cool as heck but I wouldnt go to a Medicom Board totating the fact I think SS is better. You don't have to think SS is better to be here but don't be making post/thread after post/thread about how great another company is on a board dedicated to the company you think sucks.

:lecture :clap :clap :clap I've been telling those Nutswigners this for a long time....We're getting tired of all that Medicom Krap.....There is a way to present those japanese figures here without always bashing Sideshow...And they're wandering why they've been banned from RS :rolleyes: ...We dont like your style here Kommies...you are not a welcome addition to this forum and by the way... I'm about to bash your brains out....

PS...AND STOP POSTING PIKTURES OF FIGURES IN HOMO-EROTIC POSES...

Snake is teenager,I expect those kinda posts from him.(which i see the point snake does turn a lot of threads into all about medicom)But don't lump all of us into one group.(cause i aint part of that)

Shai Hulud said:
:lecture :clap :clap :clap I've been telling those Nutswigners this for a long time....We're getting tired of all that Medicom Krap.....There is a way to present those japanese figures here without always bashing Sideshow...And they're wandering why they've been banned from RS :rolleyes: ...We dont like your style here Kommies...you are not a welcome addition to this forum and by the way... I'm about to bash your brains out....

PS...AND STOP POSTING PIKTURES OF FIGURES IN HOMO-EROTIC POSES...

sorry to inform you, but you have no say in whether or not we are welcome. Im just as welcome here as you are Mr. Racist

Seth Gecko said:
Snake is teenager,I expect those kinda posts from him.(which i see the point snake does turn a lot of threads into all about medicom)But don't lump all of us into one group.(cause i aint part of that)

OK..SETH GECKO...YOUR THE ONLY MEDIKOMMIE HERE WITH SOME SENSE.YOUR WELKOME TO POST HERE.

nash said:
sorry to inform you, but you have no say in whether or not we are welcome. Im just as welcome here as you are Mr. Racist

I ' VE RECENTLY APPLY TO GET MOD STATUE HERE NASH,MY FIRST MISSION WILL BE TO FREE THE FORUM OF ALL THE KOMMIES PARASITES INCLUDING YOUR STINKING ASS..

Back