Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO um YEA. Tommorow.
How many want to bet ? I'm :pray: for Doc. Brown but likely it's Marty if Hot toys does release anything just give us a Doc. Brown preview please.

I'll be building my own custom table about 40 inches high pretty much like a model train table and add 4 to 5 inches to all the sides then paint it black. Then I'll buy a custom acrylic case to keep it dust-free and to keep curious persons slimy little fingers off this car.

Here's mine. I know it's early.
a>

Edit sorry picture won't load. I'll sort it later

Thanks to a Spooktacular bonus of $10 in Rewards, I now have $692.25 in RPs. Time to order the DeLorean methinks! :yess:

Only 4 more small car payments ,I cant wait.:yess::impatient: I wish was brave enough to turn my 89 car & this into remote control r.c cars but love having in my collection as my favorite rides from childhood. I thought was funny long long time ago i had my truck run out of gas and a delorean stopped to help me out lol. It's always magic seeing the delorean come out of nowhere to save the day.:lol

Hi Guys,
I've just signed up here, after pre-ordering one of these beauties, having recently discovering they exist (from ForbiddenPlanet UK - they don't have any more, I'm afraid).
I don't normally buy models, and certainly not at this kind of price, but this just looks so awesome I thought, "what the hell" :wink1:
I'm guessing I have the recent appearance of the hover version to thank for still being able to order the original - I assume it was still available due to cancelled pre-orders.

Does seem a little odd that there are going to be two versions, when it looks like swappable parts should easily allow one model to do both versions, but I really much prefer the original version of the car anyway, so I'm not interested in waiting for the hover version.

TBH, although I can (somehow!) totally accept the concept of a time machine built into a car as plausible, the hover conversion is too much for my suspension of disbelief to accept!
And although I loved the first film, I really didn't think much at all of either of the sequels. So, Plutonium power and normal wheels all the way for me!

I've no previous experience of HT models, so I've only got the various videos and photos to go on. Based on other models, is this likely to have loose/removable parts, or will it all be glued together as one thing?
E.g. is the stuff on the dash (the alarm clock, radiation meter, etc) likely to be attached, or just placed into position? Someone commented earlier in this thread about a photo where the radiation meter was the wrong way around - facing out of the windscreen, so that suggests that parts will be loose.

I'm asking because I'm thinking of wall-mounting it in my man-cave, and wondering whether I'll need to glue things in place or not.

Anyway, looking forward to this arriving, and feel sorry for you guys that have known about and been waiting for this for such a long time.

Last edited:
Back