Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you have the Detolfs paired. This thing is way too big to fit on a single Detolf.

I figured as much. I've got a line of 4 detolfs on one wall and wanted to make sure it would fit on two and not take up too much room. Thanks.

I figured as much. I've got a line of 4 detolfs on one wall and wanted to make sure it would fit on two and not take up too much room. Thanks.

If you always plan on having it in the same position, i'd buy a set of screw in rubber feet, kind of to act like chocks. I'm sure it's unlikely to roll, but just in case...

well I heard back from sideshow finally today about my scratched Delorean.. They offered a $35.00 sideshow credit :( they asked me what I thought about it. I responded back stating that it was too low.. I'm not looking to break the bank but $35 is just too low..I'll see what they tell me

well I heard back from sideshow finally today about my scratched Delorean.. They offered a $35.00 sideshow credit :( they asked me what I thought about it. I responded back stating that it was too low.. I'm not looking to break the bank but $35 is just too low..I'll see what they tell me

Tell them you paid full price for an unmarked Delorean. Then tell them you will send them the scratched one back and get the one you paid for.

you read my mind sir!!! yes indeed!!

If they sent you a message said: "We have one here that has a scratch, how about a $35 price drop?", you would have told them to GTFO.
I wouldn't take a free Marty(Or any other figure) as "payment" for a scratch on the car. For myself, the Delorean will sit in my collection forever as a centrepiece. I wouldn't be happy with any mark i didn't make myself.
And neither should anyone else.
Ask for a replacement.
If they can't help, send it back for a refund and buy elsewhere.
Don't be angry. Just tell them it's not a cheap item, and you want it perfect.

Agree with Username; SS should take this back FREE of charge shipping for replacement; scratching of the HT Tumbler first release was fairly common, I hope it is not common with this.

This is what SS always does to mediate the problem. There should be no question about it and not any measly $35 credit. A replacement car cause they sent you a damaged product that was painted over by a 5 year old. They should send you a new Delorean in the art box and in the shipper. Also, the UPS return paid shipping label and you send that scratched 1 back to them. Then they can take it to Maaco for body work. What do they think? Are they thinking a $200 HT figure is the same as a $690 vehicle.

Last edited:
attachment.php

Well, that scratch was clearly caught at production and touched up (poorly) with a dull silver paint swatch. It is not shipping damage, it is a production defect.

Last edited:
That's a real shame about the scratch. I hope they don't think you tried patching and that's why they only offered the $35? I agree with everyone else. Sideshow should replace it or give you a much larger amount of refund.

I hope they don't send me a returned one when mine ships.

Is it possible? Well, anything is possible like the world ending tomorrow. But is it likely, No. They will not send you something that was returned cause I doubt they will want to deal with you returning somebody else's returned car and now that costing them more money. You'll get a fresh car from their new shipment whenever it comes in or if they have any left from this present batch.

Is it possible? Well, anything is possible like the world ending tomorrow. But is it likely, No. They will not send you something that was returned cause I doubt they will want to deal with you returning somebody else's returned car and now that costing them more money. You'll get a fresh car from their new shipment whenever it comes in or if they have any left from this present batch.

Its happened before. I remember reading on here someone on here got a damaged statue and fully documented the damage before returning it and the exact same statue was recieved by another member from Sideshow. I can't remember what the statue was so I can't find the thread but there is precident.

Its happened before. I remember reading on here someone on here got a damaged statue and fully documented the damage before returning it and the exact same statue was recieved by another member from Sideshow. I can't remember what the statue was so I can't find the thread but there is precident.

I've also heard of this happening.

Back