Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible? Well, anything is possible like the world ending tomorrow. But is it likely, No. They will not send you something that was returned cause I doubt they will want to deal with you returning somebody else's returned car and now that costing them more money. You'll get a fresh car from their new shipment whenever it comes in or if they have any left from this present batch.

This can't be further from the truth.

SIDESHOW DOES SEND OUT USED RETURNED PIECES - Statue Forum

I would recommend everyone read this thread in its entirety. There are multiple anecdotes of people receiving other people's (and in some cases, their own) returned pieces.

I have never heard of a damaged hot toys item being recycled back out especially when they get tons of them to work with. With a SSC statue, I heard of that too, but we're not talking about a statue, this is about a HT vehicle. I did say it was possible leaving the possibility that it could happen, but I don't believe they will do it for HT stuff. Can I be wrong, yes, but people here do have a way exaggerating everything so I don't believe everything posted as true.

There will be Hot Toys labeled tape on the box. If it's tampered and/or taped over--it HAS been opened. (from photos on e-bay)

I remember the HT Tumbler being the same--the outer box had factory HT tape.

FYI

I got a used Iron Man Mark 24 (Tank) last January hehe so it is really possible =( (Circle clear seal tape already cut, Batteries already installed in the figure , Manual missing, all protective cover that supposedly on the figure are under it, all protective cover for accesories are under the tray stand and the stand have lots of scratches on it)

But after all that have said and done after 3+ weeks of exchanging emails with sideshow i got my replacement so all in all atleast their after service is one of the best (or atleast on my case)

I'm in the USA also but all the damged figures and statues that i have recieved from SS they have had me destroy them and send photos to show that i did. I have never been asked to return anything.

I have never heard of a damaged hot toys item being recycled back out especially when they get tons of them to work with. With a SSC statue, I heard of that too, but we're not talking about a statue, this is about a HT vehicle. I did say it was possible leaving the possibility that it could happen, but I don't believe they will do it for HT stuff. Can I be wrong, yes, but people here do have a way exaggerating everything so I don't believe everything posted as true.

Believe what you want to believe.

Believe what you want to believe.

I live in the USA and I had to return a Tony Stark mechanic cause the switch in the back was not working well to turn on his arc reactor. And I got a new Tony in the art box and sent them back the defective 1. I also had to return the mark 3 construction base cause the lights would stay dim on the off position. And they sent me a new base in the art box with the protective clear wrappings.. Other times: missing magnets on various hot toys parts were all taken care of to my satisfaction with new parts. I can only speak of all the experiences I had when dealing with SS and they insist they don't sell used stuff. Will something pass through the cracks. Of course, but in general, they are reputable to deal with.

You say, believe what you want to believe. And I do believe from my own personal experiences that have been very favorable to me. And I wasn't agreeing with you and DISAGREEING with you either. That's why I used the word possible, so why you're acting so bent out of shape is kind of ridiculous.

I live in the USA and I had to return a Tony Stark mechanic cause the switch in the back was not working well to turn on his arc reactor. And I got a new Tony in the art box and sent them back the defective 1. I also had to return the mark 3 construction base cause the lights would stay dim on the off position. And they sent me a new base in the art box with the protective clear wrappings.. Other times: missing magnets on various hot toys parts were all taken care of to my satisfaction with new parts. I can only speak of all the experiences I had when dealing with SS and they insist they don't sell used stuff. Will something pass through the cracks. Of course, but in general, they are reputable to deal with.

You say, believe what you want to believe. And I do believe from my own personal experiences that have been very favorable to me. And I wasn't agreeing with you and DISAGREEING with you either. That's why I used the word possible, so why you're acting so bent out of shape is kind of ridiculous.

I had the same issue with my Mechanic and i had to smash it after i received my replacement or they would have charged me. I had to smash my WW PF after i recieved the replacement also. I wonder if they use the ones that are shipped back for parts :dunno. Never had any issues with SS customer service, all my problems have been fixed within a week or two.

I got a used Iron Man Mark 24 (Tank) last January hehe so it is really possible =( (Circle clear seal tape already cut, Batteries already installed in the figure , Manual missing, all protective cover that supposedly on the figure are under it, all protective cover for accesories are under the tray stand and the stand have lots of scratches on it)

But after all that have said and done after 3+ weeks of exchanging emails with sideshow i got my replacement so all in all atleast their after service is one of the best (or atleast on my case)

I had my waitlist convert for the avengers stealth IM figure after about 6 months of it being sold out. I got it in the same condition as you described with all the protective plastic under the figure and all the little bits of foam removed and left loose in the box. When I contacted SS they denied sending returned items out and said they opened the box to inspect the figure before shipping. What I don't get is if you want to ship something why remove all the protective packaging. They refused to take it back unless I paid for the return shipping. I no longer have a SS account anymore.

Hey all. Got mine back on February 10. On February 3rd, I received an email informing me that my order was eligible for early processing so I naturally accepted it.

Some pics.. More to follow...

IMG_20160210_162948.jpg IMG_20160210_163028.jpg IMG_20160210_163406.jpg IMG_20160210_164904.jpg IMG_20160210_165459.jpg IMG_20160210_165520.jpg IMG_20160210_170523.jpg IMG_20160210_170551.jpg IMG_20160210_183231.jpg IMG_20160210_183258.jpg IMG_20160210_183424.jpg IMG_20160210_183517.jpg IMG_20160210_183554.jpg IMG_20160210_183639.jpg IMG_20160210_183710.jpg IMG_20160210_184415.jpg IMG_20160210_183839.jpg IMG_20160210_184049.jpg IMG_20160210_184146.jpg IMG_20160210_183750.jpg IMG_20160210_184126.jpg IMG_20160210_184146.jpg IMG_20160210_184301.jpg IMG_20160210_184322.jpg IMG_20160210_184332.jpg IMG_20160210_184344.jpg IMG_20160210_235738.jpg

ok I spoke to sideshow today and was told either the $35.00 credit or a full refund. ( no Deloreans in stock at the moment) I then asked for an exchange when new stock comes in. now I have to wait another 5 days for an answer on that ! LOL LOL oh yeah!!! :(

My first post and with pics. I ordered two of these DeLoreans. Just in case I run into the same quality issues I had with the 89 Batmobile. I got one of them and so far so good. So for my second one which probably won't get here till next month, I plan on converting it to the part 3 car with the 50's white wall tires and lifted front suspension. For the mean time, here are my pics.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I've got you all beat with Sep 04 2014 and I sit here Deloreanless. SSC's "we'll just send to anybody at random screwing over those that got on the preorder day 1 is about the most stupid distribution method known to man. Sending some dude one who preordered almost a year after me. Horse ****!

My first post and with pics. I ordered two of these DeLoreans. Just in case I run into the same quality issues I had with the 89 Batmobile. I got one of them and so far so good. So for my second one which probably won't get here till next month, I plan on converting it to the part 3 car with the 50's white wall tires and lifted front suspension. For the mean time, here are my pics.

Two DeLoreans? Wow, you must be rich! :rotfl

Nice pictures. Can't wait to get mine but dreading the bill. The Canadian dollar is so much worse now then it was when I initially preordered this.

Back