Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is really expensive. I've paid 1200 for this thing so far and it hasn't even landed.

It's an indirect cost, but i have spent close to $3000 for this, lol. I chopped five detolfs into pieces, ordered new glass and bottom plates, LED lighting, wiring, and various other parts, just so i would have a display cabinet that would fit my collection *and* fit the Delorean inside...
It's nothing i was forced to do, but i did want to.

I would expect nothing less from you Username.
Looking forward to seeing your display.
Me, I opted for the box as the display: easy and cheap!!

I would expect nothing less from you Username.
Looking forward to seeing your display.
Me, I opted for the box as the display: easy and cheap!!

You are clearly sane. I, on the other hand, am crazy, lol.
I got the shelves this week and they are away being coated with black vinyl. LED strips arrived yesterday, along with the wiring, but i am waiting on the strip connectors. Once the shelves are back, i can start making up the wiring looms for each shelf. I am also waiting for the doors to arrive, but they can't go on till the shelves are in anyway.

OK so here is a work in progress still have a bunch of work to do left on it but here is the general idea. I'm going to add a platform in between the base in the stand and add some crown molding around it and some corner trim, then light sand and paint! The white platform that the acrylic top sits on is also a white acrylic and that's where I'm going to install my fluorescent lights on the inside of it. So the whole base that she DeLorean sits on will be a white glow.and peel off the blue and tan protective plastic coating
illh0w.jpg

Thanks! I actually have no idea my Delorean will be here next week I'm finishing up my display case the stand is going to be 3 1/2 feet tall plus this top case so it's going to be really epic!

Just saw the last update. Very good job so far. I look forward to the final product.

Spent like around $840 CAD including Tax, Shipping and Paypal fees .. For fellow collectors here in Canada check Mariusz Rittmeyer owner of Starbase Collectibles or join One Sixth Canada / One Sixth Canada BST to check his items .. We can save some pretty penny buying from him just tell the guy Angelo sent you (i'am one of the new admin in One Sixth Canada)

Edit: but forgot to add PO for delorean is already sold out just sharing the info for future purchases

OK so here is a work in progress still have a bunch of work to do left on it but here is the general idea. I'm going to add a platform in between the base in the stand and add some crown molding around it and some corner trim, then light sand and paint! The white platform that the acrylic top sits on is also a white acrylic and that's where I'm going to install my fluorescent lights on the inside of it. So the whole base that she DeLorean sits on will be a white glow.and peel off the blue and tan protective plastic coating
illh0w.jpg

Man that's looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product! I envy you guys with these kind of skills.

Mine just arrived. It is perfect with the exception of a missing piece. The little compass that sits next to the radio is missing on mine. Do you guys think I can get sideshow to mail me the part?

Mine just arrived. It is perfect with the exception of a missing piece. The little compass that sits next to the radio is missing on mine. Do you guys think I can get sideshow to mail me the part?

They should send you that missed piece.

Back