Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 years worth of reward points, gone just like that:lol

Capture_zpsk6q7vnbv.jpg

Sweet!
Is it one dollar off for every $20 you spend? I always forget.

Just got mine. Slight mark in door but liveable. The decal on the flux capacitor " shield eyes from light" is upside down. But other than that this thing is top notch!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I love it when you get a package from UPS you schedule the release so the package is left at my front door, to find out that UPS didn't deliver it due to me not being home. Uh hello, I authorized the release of the package. Now I have to pick the Delorean up at my local UPS location.

Mine just arrived. It is perfect with the exception of a missing piece. The little compass that sits next to the radio is missing on mine. Do you guys think I can get sideshow to mail me the part?

Look all over for it just in case. I had two loose pieces floating around, one of the silver hoses by the plutonium and one of the small brackets that holds the wiring in place on the side of the car. Unfortunately the loose bracket had one of the pegs broken off in the hole where it slots in the side of the car. So a replacement piece won't help because the hole is still obstructed by the broken peg. I'm leaning toward slotting in the other peg and gluing on top of the broken one. :dunno Mine appears otherwise perfect, the paint job is amazing. The decision to use the sticker sheet is baffling(WTF hot toys????). Still this thing is unbelievably cool, and while I should probably just be happy it was made I can't help but think how much better my display would be with Doc next to Marty.

Look all over for it just in case. I had two loose pieces floating around, one of the silver hoses by the plutonium and one of the small brackets that holds the wiring in place on the side of the car. Unfortunately the loose bracket had one of the pegs broken off in the hole where it slots in the side of the car. So a replacement piece won't help because the hole is still obstructed by the broken peg. I'm leaning toward slotting in the other peg and gluing on top of the broken one. :dunno Mine appears otherwise perfect, the paint job is amazing. The decision to use the sticker sheet is baffling(WTF hot toys????). Still this thing is unbelievably cool, and while I should probably just be happy it was made I can't help but think how much better my display would be with Doc next to Marty.
I did, if it was in the car it should be rattling around which it isn't. I checked all over the box and found nothing. The hole it plugs into is unmarked so I'm pretty sure it wasnt ever there.
IMG_0832.jpg

The decision to use the sticker sheet is baffling(WTF hot toys????).
It's funny, the sticker situation could have been so much worse. There are tiny labels on the flux capacitor, dash, the clear box in the center console, all of which would be a pain to apply precisely had they decided to cut costs and have us apply them. But instead we got three stickers to apply to dials, and a license plate.

All in all it wasn't a huge issue, they were easy to apply and look fine, and it could have been much worse. The Delorean is an excellent piece, and it is probably the centerpiece to my small collection.

It's funny, the sticker situation could have been so much worse. There are tiny labels on the flux capacitor, dash, the clear box in the center console, all of which would be a pain to apply precisely had they decided to cut costs and have us apply them. But instead we got three stickers to apply to dials, and a license plate.

All in all it wasn't a huge issue, they were easy to apply and look fine, and it could have been much worse. The Delorean is an excellent piece, and it is probably the centerpiece to my small collection.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but why do all but the 4 interior ones at the factory? I could have pretty easily have laughed that off if we had gotten a proper embossed metal rear license plate. It is after all one of the most recognizable symbols of the vehicle, and this thing retails for $700. Pretty bush league by hot toys if you ask me, it just sort of cheapens the presentation a bit. I have other little nitpicks too but it none of them prevent me from really enjoying this piece. If they make a part 2 Mr Fusion I would buy it too.

Thank's for sharing Jungle jom very cool video review.:hi5: I do wonder if the reviewer will add mods to the car. I dont think anyone has done any light up on the flux bands yet that I have seen. The only idea's had and were brought up were thin flex l.e.ds or el wire under the bands. I was fearfull when he had the car out the full time thinking it would roll off and break. Still very informative and very cool. I know or bet all of us seen the films ton's of time's and still learn new info.

For those of us that would like to look at making our cars more screen accurate, I guy like that would be invaluable. Imagine all the pictures and reference material he has - Years and years of examining the real cars and researching the parts. Incredible job. I have seen his show here in the UK before.

I'm kinda suprised he didnt bring up them making this a 2 in 1 car version would've like his thoughts on the version's.

I am a big fan of the movies but mostly the Delorean in the first film.

Spent a day with this car and like it more than I thought I would have. The "stainless" paint is amazing to see in person, the little details are superb. The car is hefty. I was expecting it to feel lighter and less solid, I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm willing to give the accuracy a pass because frankly I have about 17-20 different sized models of this car and none of them come anywhere close to the level of accuracy of the Hot Toys piece. Diamond, Sunstar, Ertl, Polar Lights, Mattel and whichever ones in between might have gotten the door window or some other singular detail correct but almost everything else about them is extremely off in some way or another. I posted a picture of this car sitting on the sidewalk on my Facebook page and got about 10 immediate phone calls from friends who thought I finally bought the real thing, one of which was a 1:1 scale Delorean owner. The fact that a plastic model pretending to be a bare metal car can fool people into thinking its the real full sized thing says it all.

I don't have the Batmobile but have seen complaints about the Delorean costing more for a smaller car. Aside from inflation I feel like the Delorean should cost more. It has so many tiny little pieces, some of them are metal. Real wires, not molded pieces that look like wires. There is real depth and layering to all the little nick knacks all over the car which had to have cost more to not only mold and produce but to assemble.

I bought this and Marty intending to stop at that point. After having the car in hand for a day I will definitely be getting the PtII version when and if it goes up for pre-order. I thought HT really messed up not making this convertible to the PtII version and although I wish they did, I'm impressed enough with this that I'm OK buying both now. I'll figure out where to put them later.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but why do all but the 4 interior ones at the factory? I could have pretty easily have laughed that off if we had gotten a proper embossed metal rear license plate. It is after all one of the most recognizable symbols of the vehicle, and this thing retails for $700. Pretty bush league by hot toys if you ask me, it just sort of cheapens the presentation a bit. I have other little nitpicks too but it none of them prevent me from really enjoying this piece. If they make a part 2 Mr Fusion I would buy it too.
I completely agree. Hopefully someone will stamp out a bunch of metal license plates to stick over that sticker. I imagine that Hot Toys under budgeted when they set the $700 price tag, and decided to shave off some man hours by not attaching those stickers in the factory (and so they can go back to churning out that next Iron Man variant). Between that and leaving off detail such as all the crazy stuff going on in the back, I'll take the stickers.

This is my flux capacitor. The label is upside down.
5b3ff1063adb5b4494bd660b0e683edb.jpg

The sticker isn't upside down, the whole piece of glass is. That label should be at the bottom. Maybe you can pop it open and flip it over?

That's what I figured it's the whole glass part is upside down. I don't know how it goes in there though. I don't want to break the thing.

One of my seat backs didn't get glued in place and I like the result. Seat slides on and off easy and stays in place just fine. Lets me stash stuff in the back easier too. Really wish the trunk was not so shallow. Wanted to keep Martys accessories in there.

Attachments

• IMG_0856.jpg
    IMG_0856.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 257
Back