Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of great pics in this thread!
Are most people getting this without any scratches on the "stainless steel" finish?
Sideshow have offered a $40 credit for the scratches and hair Hot Toys painted over at the factory that mine has. I asked if I could just send it back and for them to send me one without any defects, but I'm still waiting for they're reply.

Mine had a few minor rubs on the interior and one corner. Very minor, so I didn't bother. One of the clips had broken off too.

If you have major scratches though, don't accept discount, get it replaced.

Received & opened mine up today. As expected, few niggles with it.
Paint scuff on the corners of the fascias, one headlight lens not attached properly & a couple of other small paint issues. I will contact Sideshow regarding this as there shouldn't be an issue with anything on a premiumly priced piece.
Minor issues compared to others I have seen on here however.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 278
The good news is that my "model car kit, $70, gift" is cleared from customs after my £8 VAT bill(And the obligatory £12.50 "handling" fee on top).
The bad news is that it's easter weekend so i have to wait till wednesday for it to be delivered.

Wow those paint issues would bug me also.

I received mines earlier today and just did a quick inspection. No paint or headlight issues.

I got the $40 credit for my 5 defects as well. Since they said I won't be happy with a replacement, I am sending it back and take a chance to buy it from a different distributor.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I got the $40 credit for my 5 defects as well. Since they said I won't be happy with a replacement, I am sending it back and take a chance to buy it from a different distributor.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

What a complete load of bull. Does Sideshow employ psychics now? Does anyone there know a single thing about me that so that they can make that claim or are the seriously suggesting every single DeLorean has defects and if so shouldn't they put something about that on their website? I'm really starting to hate this company and would be more than happy to see a more consumer friendly one take their place in the market.

Finally received the Delorean - so now I can join the party!

I stared building a custom case when Hot Toys first showed the 1966 Batmobile years ago. Batman and Robin are still waiting for their ride! Anyway, had some room underneath the Batcave, so dedicated that room to BTTF when they announced the Marty & Delorean.

Here is a close-up of the BTTF area in the dark.

Here is the whole (still unfinished) cabinet in the light.

More of my 1/6 scale dioramas here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...511-dls712s-1-6-scale-displays-star-wars.html

Back