Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the fact that this figure (Marty 1) is available has nothing to do with "not doing well" I think it is just that they must have upped the production drastically! If you see anyone here around on these threads - most people have bought one! Some even two! Also on the custom section many jumped on to the bttf 2 Marty accessories and clothing sets thinking the 2nd won't happen.

My view the second version of both Marty and delorean is a clear indication that the first release did very very well.

Having said all of above - there will surely be some delorean 1 cancellations only cause they both are near identicas and people will be against a wall to chose one of the two if they do release po before December or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the fact that this figure (Marty 1) is available has nothing to do with "not doing well" I think it is just that they must have upped the production drastically! If you see anyone here around on these threads - most people have bought one! Some even two! Also on the custom section many jumped on to the bttf 2 Marty accessories and clothing sets thinking the 2nd won't happen.

My view the second version of both Marty and delorean is a clear indication that the first release did very very well.

Having said all of above - there will surely be some delorean 1 cancellations only cause they both are near identicas and people will be against a wall to chose one of the two if they do release po before December or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I hope this line does well enough for a Doc to come into the pic, The Delorean Im good with just the first version. But for you to say the upped the production because of demand is.....ehhh far fetched. The display at sdcc only filled with me with more doubt, IMO if the line did that well we would have seen Doc Brown, a different MJ sculpt and maybe Einstein. Just putting a partial clothing change (lacking lenticular hat) and adding a few pieces to the Delorean doesnt tickle my pickle but I guess we can all hope.

Fully agree with Leon :)

The amount of stock for Marty appearing in the UK just now is quite staggering. This is without a doubt doing well outside of China and Japan and HT have surely upped production to satisfy those orders plus a few spare.

I will just feel a whole lot better when they announce that they're working on Doc. If they venture into Lorraine and Biff etc then wow (won't happen but those would be awesome).

For me, as much as I love the Delorean I would rather they cancel it and give me a Doc and Einstein. Ideally I want everything to be released, but for me Doc > Delorean.

Do you know something I dont know? because I dont think this figure did that well anywhere..... But yes we shall agree to disagree.

So it did not do well anywhere? Ok?I am not talking about bttf line specifically smart aleck. I guess you did not comprehend what I wrote. "So if not big in Asia, but will be big in Europe, North America, and Australia, HTs won't release a line?" Did I say bttf?

If I remember correctly, martyexclusive waitlisted and sold out in a few hours. But since you know so much, you probably new that. I love dealing with kids.

So it did not do well anywhere? Ok?I am not talking about bttf line specifically smart aleck. I guess you did not comprehend what I wrote. "So if not big in Asia, but will be big in Europe, North America, and Australia, HTs won't release a line?" Did I say bttf?

If I remember correctly, martyexclusive waitlisted and sold out in a few hours. But since you know so much, you probably new that. I love dealing with kids.

Uhh ohh, is someone catching feelings? , didnt want your feathers ruffled bud. Just sharing opinions.

For me, as much as I love the Delorean I would rather they cancel it and give me a Doc and Einstein. Ideally I want everything to be released, but for me Doc > Delorean.

Marty and the Delorean are the two main characters in the first movie.
Doc was just someone who helped him.
it wasn't till BTTF2 that Doc was on the journey with Marty.
It makes sense to make Marty and the Delorean first. And if they don't do well, the line will end there.
Lets just hope it does do well.

Marty and the Delorean are the two main characters in the first movie.
Doc was just someone who helped him.
it wasn't till BTTF2 that Doc was on the journey with Marty.
It makes sense to make Marty and the Delorean first. And if they don't do well, the line will end there.
Lets just hope it does do well.

Disagree that Doc was simply on the journey. Without Doc there would be no movie. Marty was the one who experienced it all, fair enough, but Doc is just as much a main character to me as Marty is.

I respect your opinion though.

I would assume other than some mods to the Delorean 1.0, 2.0 is just about the same. I think it would be REALLY random for them to change the doors but what will everyone who wants 2.0 do if the doors arent meant to/ won't open?

Side note - For me there's no Marty without Doc. They're a team and I can't accept one without the other.

Having the Delorean with Marty is great, but I think as a display piece Marty and Doc are synonymous. All three (four) would be perfect, but if we are not being shown Doc because HT questions how financially viable Doc is due to poor sales, then the Delorean should have been decided after the sales for Marty and Doc.

I hope HT surprises us with a Doc soon. It could be that certain aspects of Doc are holding up moving forwards, .ie his hair.

Disagree that Doc was simply on the journey. Without Doc there would be no movie. Marty was the one who experienced it all, fair enough, but Doc is just as much a main character to me as Marty is.

I respect your opinion though.

What at I meant to say was that although Doc helped, it was Marty who was the traveller in the first movie. Of course Doc is an integral character. I just meant that until the end of BTTF or BTTF2, doc was not the traveller. We were following Marty's adventures till BTTF2. Then they were both together.

I'd much rather have the Delorean from BTTF II than any Doc, but fortunately I think we'll be getting both. Howard already said last year that they were in the process of making Doc.

I'd much rather have the Delorean from BTTF II than any Doc, but fortunately I think we'll be getting both. Howard already said last year that they were in the process of making Doc.

That's part of the problem, "last year". Over 12 months have passed and no real evidence has surfaces that it's going forward. Has me a little concerned that Marty is the only character we are getting.

Back