Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone seen any HT interviews posted from AniCon? Hopefully someone will be resourceful enough to get some confirmation from them this weekend as to whether the Pt. II Delorean is intended to be a separate release.

In HTs best interest of think it would be smarter to give this Delorean the option to convert and sell a separate add on pack, as opposed to a whole new Delorean for BTTF2, they will be competing against themselves and affecting the BTTF Delorean sales of they do that....I don't think that would be smart at all.

A conversion kit would involve an entire new base under the car with the LED lighting. I don't think they're going to do a kit of any kind and that this is a separate product.

In HTs best interest of think it would be smarter to give this Delorean the option to convert and sell a separate add on pack, as opposed to a whole new Delorean for BTTF2, they will be competing against themselves and affecting the BTTF Delorean sales of they do that....I don't think that would be smart at all.

I think it makes sense, all they are doing is adding a Mr. Fusion and fixed hover wheels (Im assuming they are fixed). Its like all the Iron Man repaints, they use mostly parts they have already add a little and "whaaa Laaa" new product.

I think it makes sense, all they are doing is adding a Mr. Fusion and fixed hover wheels (Im assuming they are fixed). Its like all the Iron Man repaints, they use mostly parts they have already add a little and "whaaa Laaa" new product.

The difference is the IM repaints are $250, this is over $700!

Not only that! This thing is not small and most people will just buy one, doubt anyone unless they are DIEHARD BTTF fans will go for two of these....they make a BTTF2 DL it will affect the sales of BTTF DL which is silly....they make a conversion kit and that thing will sell even at a 200$ mark up.

What the hell are talking about? Are you expecting the Delorean to be $250?

My point is that HT is not losing money adding or altering an already existing product. Offering two different versions with minimal changes is advantageous on there behalf.

Not only that! This thing is not small and most people will just buy one, doubt anyone unless they are DIEHARD BTTF fans will go for two of these....they make a BTTF2 DL it will affect the sales of BTTF DL which is silly....they make a conversion kit and that thing will sell even at a 200$ mark up.

I agree most will buy one, but im happy with the first one. The only thing that would convince me to buy the second one would be if the wheels could be used both ways but even then it would depend on the release date.
And I disagree with you that no one would care on a bump in price. If i learned one thing being on here is that people b*tch just to b*tch, endless threads on how "this should be included, blah blah blah"

What the hell are talking about? Are you expecting the Delorean to be $250?

My point is that HT is not losing money adding or altering an already existing product. Offering two different versions with minimal changes is advantageous on there behalf.

Yeah the mold is already there but that's not the only cost of production in a piece like that...there are still packaging amongst other things, not to mention the fact that putting out a prototype before the first one even ships already has a lot of collectors pumping the breaks on ordering the first one...bottom line, releasing a complete other DeLorean will drop the interest of the one currently in PO status....adding a kit, will likely guarantee a fast sell out of the one on PO and almost positive it will sell out the kit as well, who wouldn't pay an extra 200$ to be able to have 2 display options?...not many people are gonna dish out 1400$ for two Deloreans.

Yeah the mold is already there but that's not the only cost of production in a piece like that...there are still packaging amongst other things, not to mention the fact that putting out a prototype before the first one even ships already has a lot of collectors pumping the breaks on ordering the first one...bottom line, releasing a complete other DeLorean will drop the interest of the one currently in PO status....adding a kit, will likely guarantee a fast sell out of the one on PO and almost positive it will sell out the kit as well, who wouldn't pay an extra 200$ to be able to have 2 display options?...not many people are gonna dish out 1400$ for two Deloreans.

Packaging will be the same, the box art is an easy change.
But you keep bringing up people buying both, if this does go into production people will have the option of buying which ever one they prefer. Its going to be hard enough to display the 1st version with it taking that much space lengthwise now with the hover version your taking the same amount of length and now you need to worry about height. Aaand now your going to display a manless Delorean hovering by Marty, or you can put him inside and not show a great fig. But thats just personal taste all im saying is they will have interest in both for minimal changes.

Packaging will be the same, the box art is an easy change.
But you keep bringing up people buying both, if this does go into production people will have the option of buying which ever one they prefer. Its going to be hard enough to display the 1st version with it taking that much space lengthwise now with the hover version your taking the same amount of length and now you need to worry about height. Aaand now your going to display a manless Delorean hovering by Marty, or you can put him inside and not show a great fig. But thats just personal taste all im saying is they will have interest in both for minimal changes.

Yeah exactly, THEY WILL BE COMPETING WITH THEMSELVES!...people will be forced to choose between two DeLoreans, make their choice and this will affect sale numbers, as opposed to having 1 Delorean for 700$ and adding a kit for say 200$ or even 300$ and selling out on both those items...or have two DeLoreans, not sell out on either and have a good amount of both versions sitting in shelves....specially something like the BTTF liscence that is probably only very popular in America and is in competition with much more popular liscences globally like Marvel.

Yeah exactly, THEY WILL BE COMPETING WITH THEMSELVES!...people will be forced to choose between two DeLoreans, make their choice and this will affect sale numbers, as opposed to having 1 Delorean for 700$ and adding a kit for say 200$ or even 300$ and selling out on both those items...or have two DeLoreans, not sell out on either and have a good amount of both versions sitting in shelves....specially something like the BTTF liscence that is probably only very popular in America and is in competition with much more popular liscences globally like Marvel.

Well we'll definitely end up not agreeing with each other on this one, but thats why I brought up the whole IM repaints... its not costing them that much to add a few things and having two available models. We can agree on the fact that version 1 will be out first, your going to have alot of people that will not wait for the 2nd version and buy this one instead, whether its permanent or temporary till the 2nd version is out then sell the 1st version or for a very few keep both. Then you have your cheapskates that will pick of the first version because the're on sale given the PO on the 2nd version is out, and people who just waited. So they win either way. Bottom line as big as HT is they no longer operate under passion or feelings, its about the bottom line. The have projected sales, marketing teams, financial advisors there going to choose the option that is going to net them the most amount of $$$. So when the make the announcement I guess we'll know who was right. Dont assume they blindly make decisions without knowing whats most cost effective or lucrative.

I think doc is bound to happen! The reason delorean followed Marty is cause the most crucial part of the movie series was the delorean! I mean the movie was based on the possibility of time travel and that was the time machine - I think it was prudent to follow the Marty delorean back to back release however the issue is with two deloreans and no doc!
But the order shld have always been Marty delorean and then doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of my most wished for but never gonna happen piece. To big , to expensive .......well actually if I could afford it, I would find a place...

if they are making 2 DeLoreans the first plutonium DeLorean better include the Lighting Rod also , i have not seen it on any hot toys ads as of yet :mad:

41Kw0SfregL.jpg

Back