Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also have no issues with this. Not even the hands.

Tom Hardy is an average size man playing a giant.
He packed on a ton of mass as quickly and unhealthily as possible just to get big. That frame carrying that much bulk is gonna look a little wonky.
His Bane physique could quite accurately be described as a bloated mess so, if that’s the impression the figure is giving, HT have probably nailed it.

I’m also not expecting InArt to go near Bane now. They’ve tapped out of tackling a TDK Armoury and BVS Armoured Batman because HT beat them with their 2.0s to thoroughly saturate the market.

We can assume there are also enough Banes out there now that IA’s assessment would be to move on to something more desirable and less readily available.

He packed on a ton of mass as quickly and unhealthily as possible just to get big. That frame carrying that much bulk is gonna look a little wonky.
His Bane physique could quite accurately be described as a bloated mess so, if that’s the impression the figure is giving, HT have probably nailed it.

I’m also not expecting InArt to go near Bane now. They’ve tapped out of tackling a TDK Armoury and BVS Armoured Batman because HT beat them with their 2.0s to thoroughly saturate the market.

We can assume there are also enough Banes out there now that IA’s assessment would be to move on to something more desirable and less readily available.
If Inart taps out from doing Bane because of Hot Toys... I'm going to lose it.

Why do you think that's how it happened, where they tapped out due to Hot Toys beating them to the punch? I mean, you say it so confidently lol.

To be fair, they probably never planned to do an Armory despite most of us speculating they would, and I know they danced around the idea of doing an Armored BvS Batman, but it was never explicitly stated they'd do it.

Why do you think that's how it happened, where they tapped out due to Hot Toys beating them to the punch? I mean, you say it so confidently lol.

To be fair, they probably never planned to do an Armory despite most of us speculating they would, and I know they danced around the idea of doing an Armored BvS Batman, but it was never explicitly stated they'd do it.
They haven’t expressly stated they intended to make either and would be fools to say that they’ll give up on any intentions to make a figure if another company beats them to the punch.

I’m joining dots and observing correlates.
I think that’s how it happened because IA seem to be quite reactive and constantly be reevaluating their plans.

Had HT not announced the 2.0 Armoury and JND then not gone and shown their version soon after, I think it’s reasonable to expect that InArt- who are definitely going to make TDK Batman- would have also wanted to one-up HT’s armoury as a companion to the Joker Jail Cell duo.

JND were the first with the Armory announcement this year, then HT stole their orders with a posable suit in their 2.0 offering.

100% InArt wanted to do it, maybe not with their standalone TDK Bale, but they did.
Queen Studios is in the middle of producing their full scale version so it’s pretty obvious they’d want to scale it down. I mean what else do you offer in a TDK Bale Deluxe?

If that’s how it happened, then yeah that’s pathetically stupid. INART shoots themselves in their own foot sometimes; they should realize that many want to have their own take on a certain character design/thing scaled down to 1/6 despite what the competition is doing. Of course, the tricky part is balancing the cost-effectiveness, but they should do their best to try to produce what they’d like to do as well.

I mean they could always circle back to it, but I’m already having to throw out the 1.0 Armory for the 2.0 soon, so I’m in no rush.

If I’m being honest, it’s actually the only thing I really wanted from them besides a Begins suit. I feel they’d make it metal like JND and their jail cell. Their rolling eyes would be recessed behind the cowl and they could hone in on the intricacies of TDK suit
as well as offer a better way to hang the suit up besides clear pegs.

I could see Two Face next for TDK.
With the silicone and the glass eyes, could be nice. Not sure I'd pay top dollar for a Two Face though. I do really like the character. But something about having him represented in the collection isn't as exciting.

I skipped the Hot Toys 2.0, same as I'll do with Bane, because it wasn't up to snuff.

I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever try to complete the trilogies characters. I like them all in film, but in my room? I think I prefer just Batman, Bruce Wayne, Alfred & Joker for TDK trilogy.

I'm hoping I'll change my tune about Bane when they release those blogger pictures, but it doesn't seem likely.

I know I'd go for the overcoat display as it's my favorite. It would help hide some of its problems. Maybe Wonderworld will do the brown shirt that Hot Toys didn't even bother to include.

I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever try to complete the trilogies characters. I like them all in film, but in my room? I think I prefer just Batman, Bruce Wayne, Alfred & Joker for TDK trilogy.
Alfred is an interesting choice. I have the old armory version. Looks deadeyed.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have picked him up now. But it doesn't hurt to have him.

Alfred is an interesting choice. I have the old armory version. Looks deadeyed.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have picked him up now. But it doesn't hurt to have him.
Yeah Alfred from 1.0 is what I have also, I agree pretty dated but works well with the Armory, Bat-pod, Tumbler and will look nice with the Armani suit Bruce Wayne.

Did you pick up Wonders Bane boots?
What about a custom sherpa coat?

You gotta find someone with the Mike Yuan Bane custom.

IMG_4136.jpeg

Yeah Alfred from 1.0 is what I have also, I agree pretty dated but works well with the Armory, Bat-pod, Tumbler and will look nice with the Armani suit Bruce Wayne.

Did you pick up Wonders Bane boots?
What about a custom sherpa coat?

You gotta find someone with the Mike Yuan Bane custom.

View attachment 721847
I don't see a clear path towards a custom build to commit to spending and hunting down parts. I'd probably hit a roadblock with hundreds already spent.

With Joker, you can always count on somebody to make a new sculpt, a new outfit run etc.. and it's easier to find parts on the secondary market.

I don't see a clear path towards a custom build to commit to spending and hunting down parts. I'd probably hit a roadblock with hundreds already spent.

With Joker, you can always count on somebody to make a new sculpt, a new outfit run etc.. and it's easier to find parts on the secondary market.
Well yeah but there’s quality coats to be had and will be made once this thing releases I’m sure. Wonder will probably make the coat also.

Sometimes you just have to jump in and grab one piece here, one piece there, later. A character like Bane won’t get the runs Joker will, but if you catch each piece as it comes along you’ll have it.

What the **** is this Hot Toys?
What's with the tarantula hugging his face?
Where's his neck?
He's a floating head on a bloated disproportionate mess, and that's not even getting into all the little details..

I think the only reason I'd buy this, is to set it on fire.

1724428095224-01.jpeg
The-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bane-Coat-01.jpeg

It’s a shame about the neck because the sculpt is salvageable. One things for certain, that body is too big for the sculpt.

At least that’s what I’m seeing here.

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4140.jpeg

Back