Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a masked head with removable bats squeezing out of the eye & mouth holes
That sounds interesting. Fantastic way of spicing up a scarecrow figure. Have them pouring out of his sleeves as well.

I do love that scene...

Begins is something else. You almost wouldn't think The Dark Knight is directed by the same guy.

Nothing can touch Ledger.
But Begins is the best film in the trilogy.

Last edited:
Calm down, it’s a Hot Toy man.

If he looks 6’4 280+ but is 5’9 likely 200+
Do you really want the figure to look massive next to a fully suited Batman?

I actually like that he wasn’t huge, more endearing.
This scene has stuck with me- even though I’ve probably only watched TDKR twice- and it certainly seems like Bane was being presented as a huge and threatening physical presence.
1724625704835.jpeg

That sounds interesting. Fantastic way of spicing up a scarecrow figure. Have them pouring out of his sleeves as well.

I do love that scene...

View attachment 722271

Begins is something else. You almost wouldn't think The Dark Knight is directed by the same guy.

Nothing can touch Ledger.
But Begins is the best film in the trilogy.
And it's not even close. I could watch a compilation of Ledgers scenes again and again but as a whole TDK really seems to drag. Begins is as good as it ever was. The best superhero origin film to date.

This scene has stuck with me- even though I’ve probably only watched TDKR twice- and it certainly seems like Bane was being presented as a huge and threatening physical presence.
Well yes, the character is supposed to be.

There’s a reason Nolan didn’t just cast a 6’5 actor, he needed someone who could act with only their eyes. He also didn’t want his only attribute to be physical like how he’s more often than not portrayed. This is why he made Bane submissive to Talia. Fans hated giving Bane depth and hated Hardy’s size. He isn’t big, even with how he was shot he’s still smaller than Bale on screen. This 2.0 looks like it’ll be bigger than the new Bale? A camera angle shouldn’t justify cartoon proportions.

IMG_4214.jpeg

Well yes, the character is supposed to be.

There’s a reason Nolan didn’t just cast a 6’5 actor, he needed someone who could act with only their eyes. He also didn’t want his only attribute to be physical like how he’s more often than not portrayed. This is why he made Bane submissive to Talia. Fans hated giving Bane depth and hated Hardy’s size. He isn’t big, even with how he was shot he’s still smaller than Bale on screen. This 2.0 looks like it’ll be bigger than the new Bale? A camera angle shouldn’t justify cartoon proportions.

View attachment 722284
So we hope to get a height-accurate Frodo by Inart, right?
1724690263957.png

Calm down, it’s a Hot Toy man.

That’s not the same argument, there’s plenty of scenes showing them as hobbits. Not so much of this hulking Bane you wish Nolan would have cast.

IMG_4263.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

Bane was never ment to be some kind of bodybuilder....
Not in the Nolan films anyway. He was a prisoner , and tortured. He was just an average "larger" sized guy.

That's what I loved about Nolan's Bane...The comic book version is basically the Hulk , just dumber,

Back