Hot Toys Bane 2.0 (The Dark Knight Rises)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bane was never ment to be some kind of bodybuilder....
Not in the Nolan films anyway. He was a prisoner , and tortured. He was just an average "larger" sized guy.

That's what I loved about Nolan's Bane...The comic book version is basically the Hulk , just dumber,
On it's face that is just completely false. Bane is incredibly calculating and methodical as a character in the comics. Idk where you got that impression, but it is definitely not the norm/standard of comic Bane.

This scene has stuck with me- even though I’ve probably only watched TDKR twice- and it certainly seems like Bane was being presented as a huge and threatening physical presence.
View attachment 722283
I may be mistaken but I was always under the impression that this encounter took place at a transition spot between rooms and there was a one or two steps down from where Bane was standing compared to Daggett. But then Ben Mendelsohn is actually 2 inches taller than Hardy so that may be my mind trying to make sense of the discrepancy lol...

I’m going to guess you haven’t read a single Batman comic with Bane in it.
What mean is in NOLANs film, he was not ment to be cartoonish. I am gonna guess you didn't really read my post at all.

I have read every Batman comic ......

I am well aware of Bane and his story.

As we were taking about Nolan's films and people were complaining about his size in that film, I was commenting on the fact that we should not expect that version of the figure to suddenly be more buff like the comic version ..,..

Kind strange you wouldn't think someone on this forum wouldn't know the original Bane ....

What mean is in NOLANs film, he was not ment to be cartoonish. I am gonna guess you didn't really read my post at all.

I have read every Batman comic ......

I am well aware of Bane and his story.

As we were taking about Nolan's films and people were complaining about his size in that film, I was commenting on the fact that we should not expect that version of the figure to suddenly be more buff like the comic version ..,..

Kind strange you wouldn't think someone on this forum wouldn't know the original Bane ....

He made a fair judgement based on this comment-
That's what I loved about Nolan's Bane...The comic book version is basically the Hulk , just dumber,

Unless you’re referring to Bane in B&R- and maybe Arkham Asylum, which comic iteration of Bane is just a dumber version of the Hulk?

I may be mistaken but I was always under the impression that this encounter took place at a transition spot between rooms and there was a one or two steps down from where Bane was standing compared to Daggett. But then Ben Mendelsohn is actually 2 inches taller than Hardy so that may be my mind trying to make sense of the discrepancy lol...

That was how I saw it -steps between rooms.

Talia must be huge.

IMG_4290.jpeg

Back