Hot Toys Bane Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they have the Two-Face head blacked out when Harvey Dent was shown? If so, couldn't they do the same for Bane? However, the two magazine covers kind of have me skeptical as well, sort of like: "Hello Hot Toys fans, we are pleased to bring news of Bane collectible figure from The Dark Knight Rises, unfortunately, not much reference are available, so we show fans our reference in Teaser!"

When did they first reveal the Harvey Dent figure? Can't remember.

The magazines the Bane figure is standing on in the teaser image are the Empire issues from a few months ago. Not exactly the most comprehensive reference materials.

batman-bane-empire.jpg

This figure is a must for me. I'm not a fan of comic book Bane but I am a fan of Tom Hardy's work and I'm sure he will be fantastic in the movie.
But apart from Bane I don't see myself following the TDKR line. The Catwoman design looks atrocious and Anne Hathaway is less than appealing in the role. The new Batman suit doesn't look like Batman to me. Too high tech and unoriginal. The Riddler can go either way in terms of on screen presence so still may pick him up.
Not sure of any other main characters apart from commissioner Gordon

I bet they're releasing this early so that they can work on the 1/4th version and have that released by this year. HT has come a long way and I doubt they would remake another 1/6th Bane right after this and slap a DX logo on it. This Bane right here is going to be the ultimate 1/6th Bane, and then later on a 1/4th.

You're kidding right?

.. Why??...

He probably means that they are making it so damn soon after the announcement of the license and before the film arrives

I bet they're releasing this early so that they can work on the 1/4th version and have that released by this year. HT has come a long way and I doubt they would remake another 1/6th Bane right after this and slap a DX logo on it. This Bane right here is going to be the ultimate 1/6th Bane, and then later on a 1/4th.

Yeah right :lol

This figure is a must for me. I'm not a fan of comic book Bane but I am a fan of Tom Hardy's work and I'm sure he will be fantastic in the movie.
But apart from Bane I don't see myself following the TDKR line. The Catwoman design looks atrocious and Anne Hathaway is less than appealing in the role. The new Batman suit doesn't look like Batman to me. Too high tech and unoriginal. The Riddler can go either way in terms of on screen presence so still may pick him up.
Not sure of any other main characters apart from commissioner Gordon

Bane is the only figure i'm interested in, i may see what TDKR costume figure looks like when they show it.

this thing will be rubbish > have HT seen the film? do they have screen grabs for reference? or are they simply going off the small number of images we have all seen. If that's the case, then waiting for V2 or if it's anything like the Joker - V99, might be the best thing to do.

And then next year there will a V2 or V3 DX?

I'll just wait out and see before buying :lol

I'll still stand behind what I said before that HT does not have the reference materials. This figure's gonna be incomplete.

Do they think we're stupid? Come on.

Waiting for Bank Robber Bane and DX Bane and then DX Bane 2.0.

Yeah, i'm betting this fig will probably be missing some outfit option (he wears a different jacket in the prison, has a T shirt in the opening scene, has a long sleeve shirt in the fight on the steps), and/or will have room for improvement in some aspect of accuracy, and they'll issue a 2nd, better one, after the movie is out. I'll be getting this though

void told me there is no Batman w/o Nolan. :chase

:lol

this thing will be rubbish > have HT seen the film? do they have screen grabs for reference? or are they simply going off the small number of images we have all seen. If that's the case, then waiting for V2 or if it's anything like the Joker - V99, might be the best thing to do.

No teaser images was released on the joker. So HT had no images just a description when sculpting the joker. Bane has been shown in a lot of images so I think we're safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back