Hot Toys- Batman Begins:Batman Demon & Scarecrow spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lashing out in confusion and frustration. Since the announcement of this set, I've felt like a damn rag doll. First the availability, or lack thereof then the secondary market, then the prices, then worrying about the honesty of the sellers.

No, I'm not going to go after the seller if my set doesn't have the certificate. It's not their fault, it's Hot Toys I understand that now. I misunderstood the difference in quantities and was under the assumption that the Tokyo convention version and HK convention version were the same product, right down to their authenticity cards.

Why both versions couldn't be the same right down to the box is beyond me. I know the figures are the same, but damn it why play around with collectors and give one set a number and authenticity card and the other nothing?

Can we agree that this set was handled poorly and that there was absolutely no reason for the set to be strictly a convention exclusive since it just wasn't just a CONVENTION exclusive?

If they could offer it to HK, surely they could have made it available to other fan bases across the world.

I forget their exact quote in answering the question for the Tokyo convention QnA, but I recall it being smug. That along with refusing to offer any of these to Sideshow (according to Buttmunch I believe) just struck me as odd.

It's understandalble to react with frustration if this is the first time you've dealt with this kind of con exclusive. I can see why you would think it was poorly handled but to me it is fairly run of the mill. I've seen much worse, too. But consider yourself better armed when it happens again - and it will.

As far as Sideshow goes - I don't think Sideshow has permission to distribute any kind of HT Batman product, hence the DC Direct batches. As far as I know DC Direct retains the exclusive rights to that. It has nothing to do with Hot Toys allowing or refusing as I understand it.

It's understandalble to react with frustration if this is the first time you've dealt with this kind of con exclusive. I can see why you would think it was poorly handled but to me it is fairly run of the mill. I've seen much worse, too. But consider yourself better armed when it happens again - and it will.

As far as Sideshow goes - I don't think Sideshow has permission to distribute any kind of HT Batman product, hence the DC Direct batches. As far as I know DC Direct retains the exclusive rights to that. It has nothing to do with Hot Toys allowing or refusing as I understand it.

The sad thing is, this isn't my first experience with convention exclusives. I've been in this game too long to still be upset when this stuff happens, but it always ends up happening. Company exclusives, convention exclusives, etc. It will happen again, you're right. It starts the same (hype, anxiety) and ends the same (foolishness followed by more anxiety).

If you look at the beginning of this thread, my posts are like voices of reason. Things along the lines of "convention exclusives are always like this", "we'll get them eventually".

But, even in the end out of finally buying them it seems like there was a catch. There's always a catch it seems and this time it came in the form of a stupid certificate of authenticity.

As far as the Sideshow thing goes, I believe someone on the board (don't quote me but I thought it was Buttmunch) stated that DC Direct gave Hot Toys permission to let Sideshow have a go at these because of the demand for them but Hot Toys opted not to to keep the integrity of the con exclusive.

It was in a QnA or discussion in this thread.

Ah, I wasn't aware of the Q & A. Seems weird that DC Direct wouldn't just pursue it themselves but I don't prtend to know what goes onbehind the scenes.

It's all good - the point of these exclusives is to create excitement. We're used to being able to get whatever we want, more or less, with Sideshow so of course it's frustrating to have to an overseas exclusive on such a high profile line. This was definitely a convoluted affair from the get-go.

Yeah... there are slightly cheaper alternatives, but it's more of a hassle and it still wont be as good as the DX01.

But I still would have a hard time paying the prices he goes for now. Don't know what I would have done if I came into this hobby late.

Yeah... there are slightly cheaper alternatives, but it's more of a hassle and it still wont be as good as the DX01.

But I still would have a hard time paying the prices he goes for now. Don't know what I would have done if I came into this hobby late.

yeah thats why im trying to get the scarecrow and demonbats now... because it will only go up...

im thinking ill try to score the set now, while its somewhat reasonable.... and then joker later...somehow.

Depends on what your estimate of "later" is... a month can mean the price difference of $100 upwards.

It's tough... both are probably going to increase at the same rate.

i don't have have sc and db yet but i do have the dx joker and i have to say its the best figure i have and probably ever will have so if i had to choose between scarecrow and demon bats or the DX01 i would choose the DX01
but that's just me.

If you get the DX, try to get a Bank Robber Joker head. When you come to realize how ridiculously large the PERS eyes are, you'll need a backup.

Two of the buttons on my Scarecrow's straight jacket (on the back) have broke....anyone else have this problem??? Is this a major issue that I should take to Hot Toys for replacement or just no big deal? I personally don't really care but if I ever decide to sell this, would this effect his price in future years?

yeah dx01 looks amazing, i think i just have to watch this for sale thread to get a resonable deal.

user3464_pic8185_1262409393.gif

Wiser words have never been spoken.

That gif always scares me :horror

Two of the buttons on my Scarecrow's straight jacket (on the back) have broke....anyone else have this problem??? Is this a major issue that I should take to Hot Toys for replacement or just no big deal? I personally don't really care but if I ever decide to sell this, would this effect his price in future years?

Yes this is a known issue. I know a seller in HK who had to replace tons of straight jackets because the pegs on the buttons would get stuck in the hole and break off when trying to unbuttoning them.. Not sure how you can contact Hot Toys for this, but I know they do replacement for new straight jacket if yours have this problem, well at least they do locally.

hey guys i don't know if you know this already but
I'm seeing the set for 354 shipped on eBay and there are 10 in stock

Summary:
Scarecrow - yeah!!
DemonBat - WT??!!
Tokyo only - WTF??!!
Limited Q - WTH??????!!!!!
HT - WTFH??!!
Show price - #%¥*^>€&&@!!!!
eBay price - see above x 4
We can't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HK release - :p
2000 HK, 2000 TKY - :p
Avail through Tokyo dealer - :p
Avail through HK eBay sellers - :p
avail through Toys2 - :p
Prices drop - not low enough for some
Availability in general - not available enough for some
Certificate only for Tokyo stock - some are confused and upset
Can we have a count for how many words members typed in their time here? post count doesn't really do it for me anymore.
Just be glad you were able to get one at the price you were willing to pay in the end
Now can someone scan their cert and post it so that whoever likes can print it? Nvm they won't accept it either. But then it's not like it's a signed cert? Oh sorry it has a number on it that some one at min pay put on. Now if it's one of those that Howard, Yulli and JC signed ........

:borg:

Can we agree that this set was handled poorly and that there was absolutely no reason for the set to be strictly a convention exclusive since it just wasn't just a CONVENTION exclusive?

Yes. Absolutely agreed.

So many of the problems with this set really comes down to Hot Toys' terrible decision to limit quantities and distribution to Asia.

Apparently this is becoming quite a major issue. I was real careful unbuttoning mine, but I could tell that they were flimsy and would easily snap. I'm not surprised other's actually did.

I certainly think it would affect his resale value, so it's probably worth it to request a replacement from Hot Toys. Of course, they could always just ignore you or deny you - I've heard from some people that Hot Toys has good customer service once you get through to them. My personal experience has always been the opposite, and I consider their customer support to be quite poor.

But it doesn't hurt to send an e-mail, you might get lucky.

Back