Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with all of the problems that are popping up with this fig and SSC replacing what they can, does SSC takes the hit financially or does HT? hopefully HT does so it'll bring to their attention that there were a ton of problems and hopefully QC gets better for 89 Bats.

In the words of Arnie Kim, "Hot Toys is perfect!". Well at least my figure. THANK GOD. (Kami-sama, arigatou gozaimasu!) Not a single issue, like broken boots, broken gauntlets, shiny buttocks, dented abs etc. The Bale sculpt does have a very slight, almost unnoticeable "sweat" mark on the head though. There are also a few small marks on the suit around where the belt buckle was placed but nothing I can't live with.

I did ask Sideshow to pack out my figure so maybe that helped. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with my purchase. Will post pics in the other thread when I get a display case! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunna View Post
1. knee pad off centre, dent on suit leg, and bubble on rubber abs.
2. havnt destroyed it yet, i was waiting till i got the replacement then destroy after but now i aint doin ____ till they fix this.
3. no charge as of yet or that i know of, value is $0
Did you tell them you destroyed the original before they shipped you the body? They told me that IF they ship me a replacement body I will have to destroy and original and ONLY THEN will they send me a replacement body... PM me if you want to.

i didnt tell em i destroyed anything yet. in my email i received it says to destroy it upon receipt of my replacement

So, today I got my replacement right boot and just like my friend ShortRound, I got a piece of $__t boot. Half of the socket where the peg goes in is missing. Don't know if I'm explaining myself well, but basically the back half wall of the socket that hugs the peg is missing as if there wasn't enough plastic being injected in the mold when the socket was being made.
I will be calling Sideshow tomorrow to let them know this. Man, this is never ending! Good thing I have a spare set of boots from a while back, but that's not the point. :(

^^^ Damn, that sucks for real man - I hope the same doesn't happen to me man, and I stressed them enough to make sure the friggin' boot work....

Just spoke to them on the phone - They will be sending me a boot in 3-4 days. ALSO they said they were running on short quantities. They also specified and stressed that people need to SPECIFY which leg is it and to make sure its the boot and the joint.

I also begged them to make sure it fits and has a hold on the joint. They said that they would test the boot to make sure it fits and has a hold before they ship. (as a fellow member said that his boot did nothing to fix the problem)

Well, I got nothing against SS, but plenty against HT - this is def. not helping their case.

Will keep you guys posted for me info the coming few days.

The best of luck to everyone else....

Gald to read those details they're gonna do to make sure your replacement boot will be in perfect shape. Good luck man! :wink1:

Im just now getting this figure today... I hope it has no issues... After my Blitzway Scarface snapped in half after moving him one time... I had to go through hell getting that replaced... I sure hope I dont have to do it again for this figure...

I thought I rec'd a perfect figure -- turns out the right arm was fused at the socket by some dried glue -- it had snapped at the joint when I tried to moved it...

they may have previewed the figure before sending - I could be mistaken (but the tissue paper was disturbed) -- no boot defect - but I have the crease on the body suit...

I sent a picture, of course, and I have yet to receive the email instructing me to obliterate the figure...

I just got my Batman Begins figure!!! After moving him around and checking for all defects that have been stated Im proud to say that I cant find any on him... I cant be too sure but I believe that Sideshow opened and checked mine before sending it out... There was gift card inside the shipper box for sideshow and no tissue paper like the normal HT figure would have which would imply that he was opened before hand...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2HzpIHo-w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2HzpIHo-w[/ame]

attachment.php

WTF?!? I just got a message from Sideshow that reads this:

Dear Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I wanted to follow up with you to confirm receipt of the photo of your Batman Bruce Wayne figure. Please know the sheen that you see on the forehead is intentional and is meant to represent perspiration. This will be on every figure.

If you are unhappy with your item, please let me know and I can assist you with a refund of the product price. As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky
Customer Service Representative

Yeah. WTF!!! I guess that was a special edition Bruce Wayne / Batman. It'll represent the After the First Night Out Batman.

WTF?!? I just got a message from Sideshow that reads this:

Dear Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I wanted to follow up with you to confirm receipt of the photo of your Batman Bruce Wayne figure. Please know the sheen that you see on the forehead is intentional and is meant to represent perspiration. This will be on every figure.

If you are unhappy with your item, please let me know and I can assist you with a refund of the product price. As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky
Customer Service Representative

I call total BS on that excuse, but give them credit for thinking on their feet.

Also, how funny is it that glossy butt cheeks started this thread and not another mention of that defect but a plethera of others:slap

That sweat excuse is so lame that you know it's a lie. Maybe they only have enough extras to replace the ones with serious issues. For what it's worth, I got my replacement right boot today and just put it on without too much fuss.

So I guess I should feel bad for getting the sweat free version :huh

Mine is sweat free as well.

I called Jaclyn to her direct phone line and left her a message letting her know that my replacement right boot was a big FAIL and that they need to send me yet another one. I asked in the message to please check that it fits correctly BEFORE shipping it. I hope she won't take too long to return my call.

Back