Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have received a set returned by another customer and that customer has played with and broke the arm and just glued it back before returning the figure to Sideshow. :dunno

Recently, I have been receiving what I suspect to be figures previously shipped out but returned to Sideshow and then re-shipped to me. :gah: This is especially for items that were sold out and then came back in-stock. Therefore, I am no longer buying such items from Sidehow anymore.

Nowadays, I only buy pre-ordered items to avoid this problem. Saves me lots of headache. :peace

I asked this question way back if anybody ever had an experience like this ever, about getting a 'refurbished' figure. This is all the more reason not to be on the waitlist when it comes to figures with such QC issues.

I still have not seen a good picture of the dent suit problem. How serious is it? What was the cause of it? Hot Toys still can't deal using rubber on their figures. I am afraid of ordering the Keaton Batman.

I still have not seen a good picture of the dent suit problem. How serious is it? What was the cause of it? Hot Toys still can't deal using rubber on their figures. I am afraid of ordering the Keaton Batman.

Guess you can get an idea from this pic which dsokyra posted in the other thread. Reason, could be the mold :dunno Fact is, it is there in each and every figure, just varies, from very little to quite obvious.

A couple more cape pics...

100_3135.jpg

Wow.. This is a total ____storm being brought down by Hot Toys.. I don't know if I'm unlucky for not being able to get one of these, or lucky I missed out on it.
Now, I'm really thinking hard if I should still get one off eBay or the forum. :slap

The figure is definitely worth it man. Mine came issue free, aside from a few slight indentations around the belt area and a few slight scuff marks from the packaging. If you can get a figure in good condition, it's definitely worth it! This is the best looking 1/6 figure in my collection.

@dsokyra

Oh man, it looks like Batman shattered his rib cage fighting Bane. :monkey1

Have you tried taking off the top portion of the suit, and straightening out the rubber?

Edit: Quote fail using my smartphone.

Mine came with a bent collar. Contacted Sideshow and was told that all of they opened a few to send me a replacememt and found all were like this, so I have an option for a full refuns, but mot a replacemenr. :(

My second one came with a slight bent on the collar. It seemed stuck, actually. I unstuck it and forced it straight and left it alone. Hopefully, time will straighten the rubber out since I am assuming that it came out straight out of the mold and got stuck in a later process.

any of you guys have this issues on ur batman?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5zU2DO6VjM&feature=relmfu"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5zU2DO6VjM&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Back