Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is sweat free as well.

I called Jaclyn to her direct phone line and left her a message letting her know that my replacement right boot was a big FAIL and that they need to send me yet another one. I asked in the message to please check that it fits correctly BEFORE shipping it. I hope she won't take too long to return my call.

She won't return your call Ed. I'm still waiting for my return call.....that was 2 weeks ago. :gah:

So, he didn't wait to check the new body first?

Also, that's the rustiest hammer I've ever seen.

Im sorry I couldnt watch the end of the video, shut it off as he went on hammering the poor thing :monkey2

THERE IS NO WAY! Im gonna 'destroy' my body if and when Sideshow offer to send me a replacement body.... one member (stunna) here said he didnt have to destroy his defective body but got a replacement shipped to him... AND THAT too turned out to be worse :dunno

Sorry Sideshow, I will only go Postal on my figure's body is my replacement comes to me and is free of defects.

Im sorry I couldnt watch the end of the video, shut it off as he went on hammering the poor thing :monkey2

THERE IS NO WAY! Im gonna 'destroy' my body if and when Sideshow offer to send me a replacement body.... one member (stunna) here said he didnt have to destroy his defective body but got a replacement shipped to him... AND THAT too turned out to be worse :dunno

Sorry Sideshow, I will only go Postal on my figure's body is my replacement comes to me and is free of defects.

[ame]https://youtu.be/ej5BNtGJmEk[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/zAZ8xwXE5UY[/ame]

I thought I rec'd a perfect figure -- turns out the right arm was fused at the socket by some dried glue -- it had snapped at the joint when I tried to moved it...

they may have previewed the figure before sending - I could be mistaken (but the tissue paper was disturbed) -- no boot defect - but I have the crease on the body suit...

I sent a picture, of course, and I have yet to receive the email instructing me to obliterate the figure...

You may have received a set returned by another customer and that customer has played with and broke the arm and just glued it back before returning the figure to Sideshow. :dunno

Recently, I have been receiving what I suspect to be figures previously shipped out but returned to Sideshow and then re-shipped to me. :gah: This is especially for items that were sold out and then came back in-stock. Therefore, I am no longer buying such items from Sidehow anymore.

Nowadays, I only buy pre-ordered items to avoid this problem. Saves me lots of headache. :peace

My patience is as thin as paper and the papers just about torn. Figure was brought here today at midday-when no one is home. As per usual they left the dreaded note in my door and took the figure (along with my spook kit) back to their airport head quarters-which close before I get home.

Usually I wouldn't be that mad and merely wait until the next day, but theres something about this time that infuriates me. Maybe its because im so worried about the figure having quality issues.

I think im gonna go lie down and listen to some classical music.

WTF?!? I just got a message from Sideshow that reads this:

Dear Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I wanted to follow up with you to confirm receipt of the photo of your Batman Bruce Wayne figure. Please know the sheen that you see on the forehead is intentional and is meant to represent perspiration. This will be on every figure.

If you are unhappy with your item, please let me know and I can assist you with a refund of the product price. As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky
Customer Service Representative

Wow, that sucks! So lame. :slap

So what are you going to do now dude? Will you still protest for a replacement?

okay so i got a reply from jaclyn at sideshow today regarding the defective replacement body they sent to me, wasnt what i was expecting to hear and am a little disappointed, i think their reasoning for the suit dents is bs.

Thank you for your email.

I wanted to confirm receipt of the photos of your replacement Batman body. Please know there is a small amount space between the armature underneath and the figure’s suit at the arms, waist, and legs. As the suit is a pliable material, it will conform to the shape of the armature underneath resulting in surface irregularities.

Unfortunately, we do not have another replacement available for this item. As such, we would like to offer you an additional $25.00 discount to keep the body that is in better condition. In this case, we would ask that you destroy the extra body. Alternatively, we can assist you with a full refund for your order. Please confirm how you would like to proceed within the next 5 business days or by November 8th.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

ill prob end up keeping the better of the two and destroy the other, guess ill just have to live with the suit faults but damn, ht need to step up QC big time!

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky

okay so i got a reply from jaclyn at sideshow today regarding the defective replacement body they sent to me, wasnt what i was expecting to hear and am a little disappointed, i think their reasoning for the suit dents is bs.

Thank you for your email.

I wanted to confirm receipt of the photos of your replacement Batman body. Please know there is a small amount space between the armature underneath and the figure’s suit at the arms, waist, and legs. As the suit is a pliable material, it will conform to the shape of the armature underneath resulting in surface irregularities.

Unfortunately, we do not have another replacement available for this item. As such, we would like to offer you an additional $25.00 discount to keep the body that is in better condition. In this case, we would ask that you destroy the extra body. Alternatively, we can assist you with a full refund for your order. Please confirm how you would like to proceed within the next 5 business days or by November 8th.

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

ill prob end up keeping the better of the two and destroy the other, guess ill just have to live with the suit faults but damn, ht need to step up QC big time!

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky

Haha, I thought that was Jaclyn still typing in an alter-ego. lol

So that's what happen when you received a defective replacement. :monkey1 Good choice dude. I know that's not an excuse as you should get a perfect figure but I think you got no choice already since they don't have any available replacement. At least, they gave a $25 off on their items and get to keep the better body. :)

Wow.. This is a total ____storm being brought down by Hot Toys.. I don't know if I'm unlucky for not being able to get one of these, or lucky I missed out on it.
Now, I'm really thinking hard if I should still get one off eBay or the forum. :slap

Wow.. This is a total ____storm being brought down by Hot Toys.. I don't know if I'm unlucky for not being able to get one of these, or lucky I missed out on it.
Now, I'm really thinking hard if I should still get one off eBay or the forum. :slap

Hmm probably much better in forum so you can ask the seller personally to inspect it for possible issues. :monkey1

Back