Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh n without this forum and you TOYLION. I'd still be hopeless as what to do with my Batman. So Thank you!

Make sure it's pure acetone. :lecture I used acetone to clean the back of my DX09 belt when I removed the thick bit of tape covering the metal plate. Don't get it anywhere near the paint, though. You'll be sorry if you do...

Is there a remedy for the rubbing off of the thin coating on top of his suit? I'm afraid my Batman has a little rubbed off his booty xD.

Make sure it's pure acetone. :lecture I used acetone to clean the back of my DX09 belt when I removed the thick bit of tape covering the metal plate. Don't get it anywhere near the paint, though. You'll be sorry if you do...

I'm completely ignorant to this talk of acetone and the such so how do I know if a product is pure acetone. I see he has a picture of finger nail polish remover is that pure acetone? And I didn't know you could use that to get that goo from the tape left on the belt for DX09. I was going to buy some Goo Gone but if can use finger nail poish remover I'll use that because I'm sure wifey has some.

I'm completely ignorant to this talk of acetone and the such so how do I know if a product is pure acetone. I see he has a picture of finger nail polish remover is that pure acetone? And I didn't know you could use that to get that goo from the tape left on the belt for DX09. I was going to buy some Goo Gone but if can use finger nail poish remover I'll use that because I'm sure wifey has some.

Just because one person (Butters) says to use 'pure acetone, doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. The person who posted the Mod used fingernail polish remover and it's far from 'pure acetone'.

Originally posted by irok84
I soaked a cotton ball with the acetone and just dropped a few drops in to the boot. About ankle high. Let it sit for a min then used a fresh new cotton ball to soak up what was left of the acetone. Then with the flat head I started shimming it from the heel and left and right side of the heel till it left loose. From there you can just pinch the boot from the toes pushing the foot upward and out.
Oh n the Acetone wasn't a strong formula. Just a mild one.

No damage or stretching came about.

Pure acetone will evaporate very quickly because it has a much lower boiling point than any nail polish removers. Nail polish remover doesn't evaporate quickly and probably contain pigments, scents and oils that can linger around and can stain and or destroy plastics. You can buy a litter or pure acetone from most hardware stores for a few bucks. You can dilute acetone with distilled water. Don't attempt anything if you don't understand what's being discussed, you'll end up doing more damage than good.

Finally unboxed mine... Making the best of it.

:lol You don't hear that often when someone first opens a fresh new figure. This figure is a trip.

Pure acetone will evaporate very quickly because it has a much lower boiling point than any nail polish removers. Nail polish remover doesn't evaporate quickly and probably contain pigments, scents and oils that can linger around and can stain and or destroy plastics. You can buy a litter or pure acetone from most hardware stores for a few bucks. You can dilute acetone with distilled water. Don't attempt anything if you don't understand what's being discussed, you'll end up doing more damage than good.

That is why I was asking questions. :dunno

:lol You don't hear that often when someone first opens a fresh new figure. This figure is a trip.

That is why I was asking questions. :dunno

Well considering what has been know for some time about this piece... plus what I know I will do... I am happy with it. I am able to make it work for me. I am ok.

Considering I don't have a good one for this, I am happy.

Just finally got around to displaying this thing. My right boot had a broken foot upon arrival so I got a replacement from Sideshow. That one works fine, but now I just noticed that the left boot foot is also broken and I swear it wasn't before. How did that happen when I didn't even take it out of the box or display it? It stands up fine, but his pose-ability will be limited and there's no chance for a replacement now without paying a lot of money for a new boot.

Just finally got around to displaying this thing. My right boot had a broken foot upon arrival so I got a replacement from Sideshow. That one works fine, but now I just noticed that the left boot foot is also broken and I swear it wasn't before. How did that happen when I didn't even take it out of the box or display it? It stands up fine, but his pose-ability will be limited and there's no chance for a replacement now without paying a lot of money for a new boot.

toylion's fix should work!

Where can I get some cheap true-type feet, or do I just need to buy the whole body? Which version is best?

Hi guys. Has anyone else aside from irok84 tried the acetone/nail polish remover method for removing the foot from the boot?

Went to move mine today after having him on display for the past few months and his right foot just falls off as soon as I move him. Gotta love that HT quality...sigh.

Back