Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from a replacement boot with a unbroken foot it, I do not think so.

Does your boot fall off easily or does it stay on but you just cannot articulate the foot?

It fall off easily with no articulation at all. I am willing to buy a replacement but Where? I tried eBay but no luck.

It fall off easily with no articulation at all. I am willing to buy a replacement but Where? I tried eBay but no luck.

I would try to fix it as any replacement you might get will break eventually. The plastic they used for the bootfeet is defective.

I would try to fix it as any replacement you might get will break eventually. The plastic they used for the bootfeet is defective.

Thanks a lot, I will try this fix, but will a truetype body foot fit or will I need to trim it?

Thanks a lot, I will try this fix, but will a truetype body foot fit or will I need to trim it?

I just used the TT body foot as it was, but some thought it pushed out the boot too much and filed the sides of the foot down. If you look at all the thread posted you'll see what I mean. Good luck.

2012-03-10_192811.jpg

I just used the TT body foot as it was, but some thought it pushed out the boot too much and filed the sides of the foot down. If you look at all the thread posted you'll see what I mean. Good luck.

2012-03-10_192811.jpg

That's the main problem for me. Is there any way to get one of those spare slim foots?

Just sand or file the regular one down, that's what was done in that photo.

Oh thanks I haven't noticed that :monkey1 .. toylion, your solution is the only fix that actually works.. buy a spare right boot for this figure will end breaking in the long term

Would anyone have a right boot or a set of boots for sale, or would know where to find some? Mine was defective, thanks.

Would anyone have a right boot or a set of boots for sale, or would know where to find some? Mine was defective, thanks.

You might want to try this mod, what have you got to lose, it's already broken. I'm afraid even if you find replacement boots they will also break as the plastic bootfeet are defective.

Okay, first things first. Toy Lion I am not trying to make your mod look bad. I am just very ____ when it come to my figures. I just got in to the HOT TOYS collecting scene and want to make sure my figures are at top knots condition. So I bought a Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne figure. Sadly I had gotten the right broken foot peg. I've been looking around the net on how to fix/replace it. I really didnt want to roll back the boot and mess up the rubber, more or less rip out the rubber from underneath the broken foot. So I remembered that TOYLION said that there was some sort of glue keeping it in place. So my MacGyver skills came in to play...

Ill stop typing since I've already typed a novel. Just look at picture below All you need isn the picture.

Okay, first things first. Toy Lion I am not trying to make your mod look bad. I am just very ____ when it come to my figures. I just got in to the HOT TOYS collecting scene and want to make sure my figures are at top knots condition. So I bought a Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne figure. Sadly I had gotten the right broken foot peg. I've been looking around the net on how to fix/replace it. I really didnt want to roll back the boot and mess up the rubber, more or less rip out the rubber from underneath the broken foot. So I remembered that TOYLION said that there was some sort of glue keeping it in place. So my MacGyver skills came in to play...

Ill stop typing since I've already typed a novel. Just look at picture below All you need isn the picture.

My mod was out of desperation, and other's have improved on it. The more improvements the better for the next guy, as I truly believe a lot more boots will break. Just make sure you clean that acetone off really good as it's not good for rubber.
By the way how did you apply it to the bootfoot?

My mod was out of desperation, and other's have improved on it. The more improvements the better for the next guy, as I truly believe a lot more boots will break. Just make sure you clean that acetone off really good as it's not good for rubber.
By the way how did you apply it to the bootfoot?
I soaked a cotton ball with the acetone and just dropped a few drops in to the boot. About ankle high. Let it sit for a min then used a fresh new cotton ball to soak up what was left of the acetone. Then with the flat head I started shimming it from the heel and left and right side of the heel till it left loose. From there you can just pinch the boot from the toes pushing the foot upward and out.
Oh n the Acetone wasn't a strong formula. Just a mild one.

No damage or stretching came about. :)

Back