Hot Toys: Beetlejuice 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the ā€˜88 film for the very first time last night and while I lack the nostalgia and familiarity, I overall enjoyed it and see the appeal in having this in 1/6. I wouldā€™ve preferred to see Hot Toys make the OG look vs the sequel, but something about the Sideshow version just feels low quality to me, the hair is terrible too.

Since I have no true connection to this, I think Iā€™d be fine with the Hot Toys sequel version if I end up liking the second film and decide to want this representation. Itā€™s an interesting dilemma though as everyone would rather have the OG look, but that one is made by Sideshow.

Ok just got back from the movie, and after two hours of watching an older Keaton in the makeup.... the likeness still isn't working for me and I don't see him in the sculpt at all. And I feel like the face is too narrow or something.

Last edited:
Watched the ā€˜88 film for the very first time last night and while I lack the nostalgia and familiarity, I overall enjoyed it and see the appeal in having this in 1/6. I wouldā€™ve preferred to see Hot Toys make the OG look vs the sequel, but something about the Sideshow version just feels low quality to me, the hair is terrible too.

Since I have no true connection to this, I think Iā€™d be fine with the Hot Toys sequel version if I end up liking the second film and decide to want this representation. Itā€™s an interesting dilemma though as everyone would rather have the OG look, but that one is made by Sideshow.

I'm getting both versions, but after seeing the quality of the HT, I wish they were also making the OG version. While the new figure works as a good representation of the character, the 1988 version had a certain punk like edge to the costume. The combat boots with the pants tucked in, the lights/buttons on the tie, the sleeveless shirt under the suit, wearing 4 watches on his left wrist, it all added to his chaotic nature and lack of decorum.
1725784890421.png

Getting both. Amazing after years of nothing but the original ā€œI canā€™t pose his headā€ release by SS Iā€™m happy as a pig in šŸ’© to be up to my neck in Beetlejuice collectibles especially in 1/6. Because after the new movie wanes he will slip back into that little niche heā€™s lived in for decades and we wonā€™t see nothing for quite awhile. Or until someone says his name three times.

Getting both. Amazing after years of nothing but the original ā€œI canā€™t pose his headā€ release by SS Iā€™m happy as a pig in šŸ’© to be up to my neck in Beetlejuice collectibles especially in 1/6. Because after the new movie wanes he will slip back into that little niche heā€™s lived in for decades and we wonā€™t see nothing for quite awhile. Or until someone says his name three times.

I know, and now we're getting figures from multiple companies in different scales.

I get the feeling this film is going to make a lot of money, so we might get a third one in a few years....then he'll be gone for good... until the reboot. :lol

I know, and now we're getting figures from multiple companies in different scales.

I get the feeling this film is going to make a lot of money, so we might get a third one in a few years....then he'll be gone for good... until the reboot. :lol
Have yet to see the new one but Iā€™m kind of a homebody so when it gets released digitally I will, but I remember going to see the original like 4 times at the movies when I was teenager. Came out the same year I graduated high school. I hope the movie does extremely wellā€¦would love to see it become a trilogy.

I hate when HT only gives us expressive sculpts and no neutral ones. I am still on the fence with this one as of the moment, but i will probably end up getting it assuming ti doesn't turn out bad in the end. I feel like this crazy open mouth sculpt while good and expressive is only going to work for certain poses and look weird for more neutral museum poses. Though mostly for me it is the open mouth part i think. It's open a little too much.

Have yet to see the new one but Iā€™m kind of a homebody so when it gets released digitally I will, but I remember going to see the original like 4 times at the movies when I was teenager. Came out the same year I graduated high school. I hope the movie does extremely wellā€¦would love to see it become a trilogy.
Burton has said he wants nothing to do with a third movie, I believe Keaton might have as well but not sure about that. The movie over-performed against projections but there is scuttlebutt the word-of-mouth might lead to a precipitous fall off on the second week, but that remains to be seen. I haven't seen it yet but from those I know who have the movie is kind of a mess and not worth how long we waited, but other people's milage may vary. (y)

Burton has said he wants nothing to do with a third movie, I believe Keaton might have as well but not sure about that. The movie over-performed against projections but there is scuttlebutt the word-of-mouth might lead to a precipitous fall off on the second week, but that remains to be seen. I haven't seen it yet but from those I know who have the movie is kind of a mess and not worth how long we waited, but other people's milage may vary. (y)
I find those comments from both MK and TB to be utter nonsense....

It's clear they named this film Beetlejuice BeetleJuice because they full intend to make "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice"

Back