Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the best way to mod the cape clips/pegs on this guy? The positioning is really starting to bug me and I want to make it more screen accurate. I've seen a couple of your figs on here with the cape clip mod, and it looks so much better!

The peg may be intact, but the plug (inside the boot) is prone to shattering.
I had mine replaced because of this issue, and I have read numerous reports about the same problem.
If you are lucky, the shattered piece is still in the boot.
Roll the rubber of the boot right back and over the heel. The shattered piece can be super glued back in place. Then just plug the ankle peg into place.

looks like I may have to do this as well on the left foot...tks

There was a member here on this forum that makes custom capes for Batman Begins TF and DX12. I remembered reading somewhere that many have ordered from that member. Right? Where can I find and contact that person? Please help. Can some post pictures of the custom cape.

What's the best way to mod the cape clips/pegs on this guy? The positioning is really starting to bug me and I want to make it more screen accurate. I've seen a couple of your figs on here with the cape clip mod, and it looks so much better!

Don't remember where on here I saw it, but what I did was clip the pegs off of the clips, cut a small piece of thin & flat plastic off of something scrap (I used cuttings off of a blister package), glue the plastic scrap to the back of the clip, and then glue it to the proper position on the neck (flat plastic glues to underside of neck like on clip).

Other people just clip the pegs off and glue the clips directly onto the edge of the neck/cowl in an angled sort of way (back of clip goes directly onto top of neck).

hey guys, so can the DX12 boots fit on the ToysFair figure? if so, can anyone post some pics on how that looks?
These are the Dx12 boots on The Dark Knight OC body...from what I can tell the suit is the same one that's on the TF Bats. I like how they look more form fitting. No strange rubber reactions, leakage, etc.
Just so there's no confusion, I pieced this together over time:
~The DK OC body
~DX12 Boots
~Takara Belt, Gauntlets, Hands & Cape
~HT TF Head
H025_zps6fd3079b.jpg

H037_zps581ea828.jpg

Anyone know if Hot Toys might ever do a DX of the Begins suit?

Haven't heard for sure but they really should. It would be great if they shortened the neck and gave it a better quality suit like the one Enterbay uses. You have to figure they'll milk the license a little more while they can. :)

Well they seem to like releasing DX Batman figures in pairs so if we're all insanely lucky they will do a DX Begins Batman alongside a DX Ra's.

After seeing McHaleyArt's post, I decided to order a pair of DX12 boots from eBay. In the meantime, here's my BB TF with the DX12 belt and boots.

8363567272_7723079d90_c.jpg

These are the Dx12 boots on The Dark Knight OC body...from what I can tell the suit is the same one that's on the TF Bats. I like how they look more form fitting. No strange rubber reactions, leakage, etc.
Just so there's no confusion, I pieced this together over time:
~The DK OC body
~DX12 Boots
~Takara Belt, Gauntlets, Hands & Cape
~HT TF Head
H025_zps6fd3079b.jpg

H037_zps581ea828.jpg

That's a great bash! :clap

I did the dx12 boot thing as well and am extremely happy with them.. The figure can finally stand nicely on his own (finally) plus I prefer the look as well. The originals always had a somewhat UGG ish look to them.

:hi5:

The DX12 boots look much better on this than I was expecting. :)

The extra DX12 Belt can be a little loose, so there's an easy mod if you want to use this belt.

Remove the connector:
HTBatmanModB015_zps58a7b3d8.jpg

The clasp can now attach itself to the where the connector was formally attatched:
HTBatmanModB017_zps7642af8b.jpg

It's a snug fit, so I would only use this method if you plan to have your figure in a neutral, standing position. The good thing is, you can put your belt back the way it was if you want.
HTBatmanModB019_zpsc461782f.jpg
HTBatmanModB020_zpsc51f7ae6.jpg

I really didn't want to purchase an extra DX12 belt with the gadgets, etc. so I used the extras from the Takara belt. Still, not wanting to ruin the DX12 belt in case it's needed, I put pieces of electrical tape on the belt, dabbed them with superglue and attached the parts. This way if they need to come off, it's just like removing the tape.
HTBatmanModB021_zpsf07660a7.jpg

HTBatmanModB027_zpsca1971d9.jpg

HTBatmanModB031_zps7788ee73.jpg

Last edited:
Back