1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What many are missing is that Affleck mainly bulked-up. He didn't go the super-ripped route that most actors who play super-heroes go for. He went for the "natural bodybuilder" look. We have a friend who owns a gym and he's exactly like Affleck. Bulked-Up, but since he doesn't take..."enhancements" he's not a super-ripped "baloon". IMO, this is the perfect build for Batman...

I'd rather have something that looks like this that the **** that HT produced.

Then why are you here? Just confused and inquiring is all.

What many are missing is that Affleck mainly bulked-up. He didn't go the super-ripped route that most actors who play super-heroes go for. He went for the "natural bodybuilder" look... IMO, this is the perfect build for Batman...

Exactly. Way more natural, and way more in line with the source material Snyder's been adamant about referencing. Same with Hardy's Bane. Bruiser style, menacing, scary as ***** when he's coming at you with that brand!

Exactly. Way more natural, and way more in line with the source material Snyder's been adamant about referencing. Same with Hardy's Bane. Bruiser style, menacing, scary as ***** when he's coming at you with that brand!
Since it's evident this is an older Batman, it makes sense to go for the "realisitc" route and not the "hawt bodae" look. As for Bane, eh, I wasn't a fan of how he looked or how he was handled, but they got his "character" mostly right, that's true.

I could be wrong,but it only looks like they tightened the suit to avoid the "Babyfat" look.Specially around the Midsection.Legs look the same,and still need to bulk up the chest a bit.

Since it's evident this is an older Batman, it makes sense to go for the "realisitc" route and not the "hawt bodae" look. As for Bane, eh, I wasn't a fan of how he looked or how he was handled, but they got his "character" mostly right, that's true.

Are you referencing more in line with his costume, or him being delegated a glorified body guard AGAIN near the end of TDKR?

Personally, I loved Bane in TDKR; costume, body style, actor, everything.

When photos of Affleck started coming out I flipped because he was so similar in build.

Way more natural and menacing, in my opinion.

Are you referencing more in line with his costume, or him being delegated a glorified body guard AGAIN near the end of TDKR?

Personally, I loved Bane in TDKR; costume, body style, actor, everything.

When photos of Affleck started coming out I flipped because he was so similar in build.

Way more natural and menacing, in my opinion.

Look wise, I liked him, but I was kinda dissapointed that he didn't get the Luchador mask. The erased the whole thing with him doing his father's prison time, the teddy bear and all that. I know that the "prison" was essentially their version of that but eh, I wanted to see Luchador-Bane with green goo coming out of his tank. It'd look silly and I know why they didn't do it, but I still wanted to see it.

And yeah, I didn't like the fact that he was just a bodyguard at all. It ruined the character for me. But I did like Hardy's performance.

As for Affleck, I was a fan of the casting since the beginning, so I'm hoping I won't have to eat my words... :lol

So movie accuracy isn't important to you?

I can understand people who like that mannequin better than the Hot Toys figure. I'm not an Affleck fan myself (though I'm willing to have my mind changed when I see the movie), and I'd rather have an idealized Batman on my shelf with a perfectly human-looking face that nevertheless doesn't resemble any particular actor. I was thinking the Arkham Batman would be the one, but that Batman is ridiculously over-muscled. If Hot Toys released that exact Mannequin in 1/6 scale I would be all over it.

Why am I here? Same reason you are.

Even if the mannequin suit is more ideal and has a leaner body contour, it's still closer to batfleck's look in the shots we've seen so far. Seriously, look at shots of batfleck and look at the wrinkles and curves of his suit. There's a lot of definition that the HT version doesn't represent in any way. The only thing worthy of praise is the head sculpt.

I guess by natural you're thinking of McDonald's...ok. Actually talking about a natural body shape, This franchise is more idealistic than the DK series. So why is it so far fetched that batfleck would have more of an idealistic body shape?

Even if the mannequin suit is more ideal and has a leaner body contour, it's still closer to batfleck's look in the shots we've seen so far. Seriously, look at shots of batfleck and look at the wrinkles and curves of his suit. There's a lot of definition that the HT version doesn't represent in any way. The only thing worthy of praise is the head sculpt.

I guess by natural you're thinking of McDonald's...ok. Actually talking about a natural body shape, This franchise is more idealistic than the DK series. So why is it so far fetched that batfleck would have more of an idealistic body shape?

If you think Affleck's build is the "MacDonald's look", then well... good day...

These new shots of Batman look a lot better.
Still, I think I'll wait until in hand pics start to appear before ordering anything.

Lol I'm not saying that about Batfleck in the movie. I think he looks awesome rather. I'm saying that HT's version looks like he had alot of BigMac's..

Batman-v-Superman-Empire-Photo-1.jpgimagesj,n.jpg

Yeah. Way LEANER than Bale's Batman.

I totally see what you're talking about.

And if McDonald's gets me that bod, I will sincerely reconsider my decision to never eat there.

You must be ripped, bruh.

Last edited:

McDonalds?! You don't work out or go gym at all do you? Then why do you think you can comment on ones physique?!

Lol I'm not saying that about Batfleck in the movie. I think he looks awesome rather. I'm saying that HT's version looks like he had alot of BigMac's..

The stock photo yeah, but the prototype shown here doesn't resemble a McDonalds body in the slightest.

I like that they seemed to have made changes. Still got a little ways to go but looking good. Now let's just hope the movie is good :lol

Back