1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot of nitpicking going around and I don't know why, figure looks amazing... did everyone forget what the prototype looked like? lol. Hot toys has been killing it with this franchise. Can't wait to get him :impatient:

So that's what makes a good figure then? Put out a terrible prototype and improve it before the final product goes out?
The cowl throws off the articulation of the head entirely while the cape, if it was improved at all since the prototype, still looks as rigid as ever. The legs aren't too bad if you raise the belt and play around with the crotch area a little, but from the side, his butt is comical to say the least.
I appreciate the fact the suit is fabric and not rubber like the batmen of yesteryears and I get that the torso is a huge improvement over the prototype and the "wonder muscles" are a technological marvel as far as toys go, but this figure, as a whole, is far from fantastic.

Do y'all think there's a decent possibility of Exclusive wait list converting? Joined it this morning. Or would I be better with regular wait list?

08b1e8dd156b5d4638be63027b2989ad.jpg

If the regular edition is on wait list now, there's a less likely possibility that the exclusive editions will convert. But that's just my opinion. I hope everyone's wait list converts to be honest. This is a kick ass figure and if you can get away with paying the same price just to get some extra items, that's even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This question is probably equivalent to pissing in the wind but what kind of success rate have you all had with wait lists on sideshow? I don't have much experience with them and knew some of the more seasoned collectors on here have.

I'm actually very surprised both Batman and Superman have been waitlisted so fast. To think I originally ordered just Batman until a friend of mine talked me into the two-pack. I called Sideshow and asked to cancel that order so I can get the two-pack for the cowl and they allowed it. I'm so happy I did that.

I'm actually very surprised both Batman and Superman have been waitlisted so fast. To think I originally ordered just Batman until a friend of mine talked me into the two-pack. I called Sideshow and asked to cancel that order so I can get the two-pack for the cowl and they allowed it. I'm so happy I did that.

You definitely lucked out there =)
These two are definitely the highlight of my display cabinet right now.
025e0c1656752f6231275b50f2d1a3eb.jpg

The BVS line is looking like my favorite line so far. Very impressed with the end result. Now I'm just getting anxious to receive my "shipping soon" emails from Sideshow.

The BVS line is looking like my favorite line so far. Very impressed with the end result. Now I'm just getting anxious to receive my "shipping soon" emails from Sideshow.

I know what you mean haha, I keep waiting for that PING sound from my iPad, and when it PINGs, I can't help myself from feeling hype :lol
....but then I open the email app and don't see the magic words "Sideshow collectibles requesting payment..."

One thing I noticed from the preview videos: the cowl is kind of soft. I hope one day HT builds on this and continues to research ways to make the cowl soft enough so future batman releases can turn their heads just like in the movies. They're gettin there!

The DX12 is great in terms of head articulation. Still one of my favorite figures in my collection as is my DX00 but these photos and videos of this Batman just screams Batman. Our most accurate comic to life Batman is a Hot Toy and it looks great.

08b1e8dd156b5d4638be63027b2989ad.jpg

If the regular edition is on wait list now, there's a less likely possibility that the exclusive editions will convert. But that's just my opinion. I hope everyone's wait list converts to be honest. This is a kick ass figure and if you can get away with paying the same price just to get some extra items, that's even better.

Is it just me or have all the versions of him become unfindable on the Sideshow site?

Yup all versions except Knightmare and Armored are wait listed
I had never realised waitlisting takes them off of the category and search listings... anyone happen to have a direct link to the regular wait list?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

hmmm I just ordered him from SS and got the waitlist with everyone else. wonder if it makes sense to cancel it and get it from here...

Might as well. Don't want to take that chance. When is gone...is gone. You want to secure one and avoid the stress. :lol

Back