1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No thanks, there's no need for that fake looking padded shoulder.

Unless Hot Toys remakes the body they will have to go the padded shoulder route. I hope they actually spend the money and make the actual body with wider shoulders.

No thanks, there's no need for that fake looking padded shoulder.

Nope, I'm buying what the movie aspires to.
When the figure is worse than reality then **** the figure, the opposite holds true.
These figures are never an actual miniaturization of a film character, at best they capture the essence of the character as depicted in the film.
That's the case here, the above pictures capture what the audience will perceive and it's beautiful.
The rest is fanboy BS to me.

Any way you cut it these figures are ALWAYS an interpretation.
Furthermore the craftsmen who work on them always work with fully finished designs, believe me I know how these things work.
I don't want a lengthy philosophical discussion here, to each his own.
I really like the way it looks already, I'm happy I pre-ordered it.

I think I do understand (and agree) with your point about always being an interpretation.

And, as hot toys always tries to be as close as possible to the source material, some things might be attributed to "interpretation" (for instance, the magnetic mask on iron man, where they can't make one that automatically opens by itself), but when they try something and fail (for instance, the mentioned Harrison Ford sculpt in the Indiana Jones figure), it's just a failure.

I believe that what sounded wrong in your argument, it's that in your first and second post, it seemed that you implied that they should not try to be faithful to the source material because you did not like the padded shoulders.

obviously its an interpretation, ben affleck isn't actually on our shelves, its a toy replica. but its a replica made to emulate the character as closely as possible. if he has padded shoulders, give him padded shoulders, otherwise we'd all go buy some random play arts kai figure of batman that has nothing to do with this film.

Unless Hot Toys remakes the body they will have to go the padded shoulder route. I hope they actually spend the money and make the actual body with wider shoulders.
That's what I'm hoping too. It would mean better accuracy and articulation. This is a big budget new Batman movie so I would say there is a chance.

12508727_773715156062946_5697233098845054199_n.jpg

After seeing how Deadpool's shoulders are sculpted I'd love to just see Batman's shoulders sculpted, simply because they are so prominent from what we've seen in the trailers. Affleck's Batman is much more akin to a body builder's who is off season than a "normal" human being who trains. I know there's a difference in the suits materials and design but anything to really emphasize the physique of this Batman.

It really does look amazing, but the chest is way too low, they're at boob lengths away. Even more necessary than the shoulders.

Looking good, but definitely needs some tweaks to look movie accurate. The head sculpt is dead on and I have no doubt they will get everything else looking just as good.

I'm still hoping they find some way to add just a little bit of articulation to the head/neck. It's not looking like they will, which is disappointing considering that the production team for the movie made such an effort to give affleck the ability to move his head while wearing the suit.

Looking good, but definitely needs some tweaks to look movie accurate. The head sculpt is dead on and I have no doubt they will get everything else looking just as good.

I'm still hoping they find some way to add just a little bit of articulation to the head/neck. It's not looking like they won't, which is disappointing considering that the production team for the movie made such an effort to give affleck the ability to move his head while wearing the suit.

The head is like the Arkham head, it rotates at the jaw line. I asked yesterday on FB as I had been worried about that.

The head is like the Arkham head, it rotates at the jaw line. I asked yesterday on FB as I had been worried about that.

Oh ok.. That's sweet. I was worried too, because there is clearly no cut between the head and neck, which is nice, but would have sucked if there was no movement at all.

Holy ****, he's huge! Lol

Had to be the biggest batman ever right? I'd like to see him standing next to Keaton's batman. He would be Bat-mite next to affleck. Lol

I really hope that is wrong. As a matter of fact it is under handed to show pictures with no visible joints then release a figure with a joint that does not match the pictures or the movie costume.

I really hope that is wrong. As a matter of fact it is under handed to show pictures with no visible joints then release a figure with a joint that does not match the pictures or the movie costume.
He's saying that the joint is under the cowl and it moves around at the jaw line.

Might explain why the cowl is a bit thicker and loose to allow it to crunch up when you move the head around.

He's saying that the joint is under the cowl and it moves around at the jaw line.

Might explain why the cowl is a bit thicker and loose to allow it to crunch up when you move the head around.

If this is the case, that sounds like a fine bit of engineering. I'm excited to see how that's gonna work.

Back