1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they just need to slim the neck down a bit and give him beefier shoulders and a bigger chest....maybe make the suit a bit tighter

the way he now makes him look kinda frumpy

they just need to slim the neck down a bit and give him beefier shoulders and a bigger chest....maybe make the suit a bit tighter

the way he now makes him look kinda frumpy

We know, we know. So does HTs, they will fix these issues and everyone is going to love it. There's been plenty examples of this. Hang in there. I understand that without complaining in this thread, there's not much else to talk about until the figure is actually released. LOL!

OK, I know Hot Toys has stated that they are still improving the design of the figure, but just one last example of just how different the prototype HTs has been showing is compared to the actual suit in the movie. I layered the image of the suit from a still of the trailer over the Hot Toys figure's upper body and tried to color match. The differences are pretty huge, but in all honesty I don't dislike the quirks of proto quite as much now after having looked at it so many times. Still needs work though:

24217961973_206a6cd6e7_b.jpg

Yes! The problem with the chest is it isn't just too low, but it looks unconnected to the arms which makes it look like boobs.

The colour is fine. The movie had a blue tint over it which changes the colours abit

You know, the more I look at it I'm afraid the only way to get it that accurate would be to go back to the molded suits of the past Batman movie figures, like the Arkham City figure, lbut I don't think anyone wants that.

I think they can replicate it for the most part without a vile rubber suit. Take what they did with Superman and go a step further. I don't remember what the process is called, but print the wrinkles onto the suit with the other texture. Maybe shoulder and pec enhancements on the body, and then use shading to highlight the pecs and bring out the abs.

Well, Mattel sure did it better than HT. Decent looking, good pricing and they even included a Bruce Wayne head... Everything HT has failed to do so far...

Come on, man. Mattel may be stepping up their game, but their figure's head looks like a butt-plug. Hot Toys is still miles ahead, and I expect the finished figure to be even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know, the more I look at it I'm afraid the only way to get it that accurate would be to go back to the molded suits of the past Batman movie figures, like the Arkham City figure, lbut I don't think anyone wants that.

Yeah, was hoping this time for a durable HT Batman figure without a rubber suit. Their TDK Original Suit Bats is about 7 years on my shelf, I'm glad it still doesn't have cracks but that thing doesn't give me any peace of mind, I know it's just a matter of time and the deterioration will happen eventually .

The suit is starting to look like a kid's onesie. You know, the kind with the footies built in. I wonder if he has footies in those boots...

Hmm, just saw pics of the S1 1/2 scale... I think the HT's headsculpt looks more realistic and accurate even at this smaller scale.

No, I really don't care about perfection. I'd be content with the figure as is. I would just like the prices to reflect the true quality of the figure. No need for perfection with a toy. That's just not $250 quality.

As for quoting the hobby, I'm definitely thinking about doing this. A least partially. I know that I'm practically done with HT and now, I'm going to concentrate on really a tiny amount of legit figures and concentrate on bootlegs like that Qthree Cities ranger.

No, I really don't care about perfection. I'd be content with the figure as is. I would just like the prices to reflect the true quality of the figure. No need for perfection with a toy. That's just not $250 quality.

As for quoting the hobby, I'm definitely thinking about doing this. A least partially. I know that I'm practically done with HT and now, I'm going to concentrate on really a tiny amount of legit figures and concentrate on bootlegs like that Qthree Cities ranger.

I fully agree with this. You can get a better looking NECA or MAfex figure at a fraction of the HT price at the moment. However, I am confident that HT will improve this quality drastically. If they don't then this will be a major miss on their part.

Mattel is better, Mafex is better, Barbie is better

Meh please go on buy those, I'll stick to HT. Thank you

Back